Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Found Some Interesting Info
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 1,696

Found Some Interesting Info

Mar 24, 2021, 7:36 PM

I was looking through some of my old books and came across a copy of "Radio Engineer's Pocket Book" by F. J. Camm. This book went with me every where I went while serving 43 months during WW2. Fortunately, I had written down the military units I was with during that time and the location of these units. Since we were moving around in Europe I did not list those locations.

In the states I was stationed for various lengths of time at Fort McPherson, Atlanta, GA, Drew Field Tampa, FL, Athens, GA, The Citadel, Charleston, SC. Carnegie Institute Of Technology Pittsburgh, PA, Camp Crowder, MO, HoLibird Signal Depot, Baltimore, MD and Camp Shanks, NY. Then, it was off to Europe. Returning to the states I was a Camp Kilmer, NJ and discharged at Fort Bragg, NC.

During that time I was with 20 different military units. I'll only list two among the several units I was with at Camp Crowder, MO, because that was the only time I was interviewed for being invited to join a unit. i was with he 3125th. Signal Service Company and there were several other companies being assembled for foreign service. I was transferred to the 3129th Signal Service Company along with several other company members. The rest of the men were transferred to other nearby units. A couple of days later, several of us who had been transferred to the 3129th, were ordered to report back to the 3125th. The CO, Capt. Skina asked me two questions, "do you like sports and do you like the job for which you have been trained?". My answer to both questions was, "Yes Sir". He then welcomed me to the 3125th again and told me to return to the 3129th, gather all of my gear and to move into one of of our barracks.

I asked Capt. Skina why the two questions. His answer was something I shall never forget. "If you like sports you recognize the importance of team work and if you like the job for which you have been trained, you will always try to get better".

Message was edited by: Joe21®

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mr Joe, your life experiences and stories are amazing!

Mar 24, 2021, 7:43 PM

I enjoy reading all of your memories. Thanks for sharing them with us.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Re: Mr Joe, your life experiences and stories are amazing!

Mar 24, 2021, 11:22 PM

Keep em coming Joe21, I'll take all the stories I can get.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 2
| visibility 1,696
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic