Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Most uncomfortable I have felt about our WR group
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

Feb 22, 2020, 10:17 AM

since Dabo took over. We could be completely fine if Ladson and Ngata are as good as advertised, but I did not see enough last year to be completely comfortable. Any injuries and all bets are off

Message was edited by: tigertrain®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Most uncomfortable I have felt about our WR group

Feb 22, 2020, 10:27 AM

Made more interesting with a retooled OL. Some will have to grow up quickly.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 22, 2020, 10:28 AM

We are fine. Ngata, Rodgers, Ladson, and Ross maybe be the best group of 4 we have ever had.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think you would have to be irrational not to have questions at WR. OTOH, very few of our wides have had great freshman seasons, especially behind other great wides. I fully expect Ngata and Ladson to blossom into excellent receivers.

I think they were ok to good last year. Need them to take a step but I think we will be good. Having Amari back with a full offseason will do wonders. We really missed that 5 man Renfrow spot last year and hopefully someone steps up there.

Having Galloway all season will help a LOT.

Feb 22, 2020, 10:32 AM

This kid's gonna be sepecail

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 22, 2020, 10:33 AM

Do you remember 2017?

While I understand your concerns . . .

Feb 22, 2020, 10:34 AM

I'm not ready to cry "Wolf" just yet . . . It's another year . . . Guys are growing up . . . New guys coming in . . . Our Coaches evaluate talent and potential well . . . They "coach'em up" pretty good too . . .

My gut tells me we'll be pleasantly surprised with the progress of our receiving corp . . . We do have a pretty good "chunker" delivering the rock . . . We will also have a viable threat at TE that secondaries will now have to account for . . . which should eliminate one double team on the outside . . .

We will be just fine!!!

Re: While I understand your concerns . . .

Feb 22, 2020, 10:36 AM

agree also a lot of teams will focus on stopping ETN. I think we'll be fine.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: While I understand your concerns . . .

Feb 22, 2020, 11:25 AM [ in reply to While I understand your concerns . . . ]

Did you just call Trevor fat?

No Sir . . . I did not.

Feb 22, 2020, 11:52 AM

You need to set your comprehension dial to "Texan" to better understand . . . as that is where the phrase originated.

Re: No Sir . . . I did not.

Feb 22, 2020, 1:09 PM

I completely understood what you meant.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 22, 2020, 10:37 AM

User Logo
tigertrain®
Orange Blooded [4525]
TigerPulse: 98%
Posted: Feb 22, 2020 10:17 AM

since Dabo took over. We could be completely fine if Ladson and Ngata are as good as advertised, but I did not see enough last year to be completely comfortable. Any injuries and all bets are off

Message was edited by: tigertrain®

rotflmfao. if you are skeert maybe you should get a dog. we are loooooooooooaded at wr. looooooooooooaded.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 22, 2020, 10:41 AM

With the three offensive threats coming back, working in the less experienced shouldn't be too bad.

Feb 22, 2020, 10:54 AM

I am worried , too. Are you , Spud ?

Feb 22, 2020, 4:40 PM

Have you out on weight Ora?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 22, 2020, 10:56 AM

I question both our WRs and O-line. We'll see.

not me.......

Feb 22, 2020, 11:23 AM

IF there are problem areas we have a rather ok coaching staff to fix it! You all should be comfortable with Dabo and staff. When have they let you down?

You're concerned about this guy?

Feb 22, 2020, 11:26 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJycN_N_QfU

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 22, 2020, 11:46 AM

I think I feel as great about our WR group as I ever have. Rodgers and Ross alone make me feel great. Then you add the fact that TE will be a valuable weapon next season and I feel great. Then you add Ladson, Ngata, and incoming wr. We are stacked. We have TL throwing them the ball. The passing game is the least of my worries.

Feb 22, 2020, 11:47 AM

Yeah, we're screwed.

Seriously, everyone is aware our entire WR corp had an "off" year last season and didn't play well in the playoffs.

Nobody addresses and fixes "broken stuff" during the off-season better than Dabo. I expect they'll bounce back this season. Tyler G. is going to do an awesome job.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think the WR group

Feb 22, 2020, 11:55 AM

will get some help from the TE position being used more and ETN returning (both running and receiving)

Feb 22, 2020, 1:30 PM

Our wr core is the last thing you should worry about with this team. I almost feel like your trolling considering the talent we have.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They'll be fine.......

Feb 22, 2020, 2:32 PM

It was pretty obvious toward the end of the season what they need to work on for this year. Teams were challenging them at the line, then bumping them out of bounds down the sidelines, which throws off the route timing. They'll have to work on strength as well as getting into their cuts crisply so they get better separation. We also need to go back to some of the slants we ran with Jordan Leggett, but we need the skill set to do that and we need to get a lot more physical against CBs. Defenses have learned how to handle our speed and lack of slants..... just mug us.

We should find out early in the season what kind of coach Tyler Grisham is going to be..... like game 1.

dont forget about Lay-Galloway

Feb 22, 2020, 4:25 PM

TE will have to contribute as well.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I love this place, I've got a spot already picked out where I want 'em to put me when I die - up there on that ole hill near the stadium. I want to be there so I can hear all them people cheering my Tigers on Saturdays; then I won't have to go Heaven; I'll already be there."- Frank Howard

You worry too much...

Feb 22, 2020, 4:36 PM

Remain calm....

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic