Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A different perspective on Dabo's Coaches Poll vote:
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,656

A different perspective on Dabo's Coaches Poll vote:

Dec 22, 2020, 9:29 AM

Each year, only roughly half (60 of 130) of FBS coaches actually vote in the Coaches Poll. I don't know how it is decided who those are, but I do know that Ryan Day voted LAST year, and was roundly ridiculed because he not only picked his team first, he picked most of the Big 10 in his Top 25, ahead of the real Top 25 teams. So, guess what, he is NOT among the coaches voting THIS year.

Now, maybe Dabo is tired of voting in this thing, and chose to purposely down vote Ohio State knowing it could be his ticket out of voting next year? Voting in a meaningless poll has got to be a thankless job anyway, and takes up valuable time that could be used toward coaching your own team.

Once again, Dabo could be playing 3-D Chess while the rest of us are playing Checkers. :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A different perspective on Dabo's Coaches Poll vote:

Dec 22, 2020, 9:31 AM

I CONCUR !!!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A different perspective on Dabo's Coaches Poll vote:

Dec 22, 2020, 9:33 AM

He could also be mind humping Ryan Day's brain?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't think he would even mentally polute himself by going

Dec 22, 2020, 9:34 AM

there. :(

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Most of the time it is a GA or a coach’s young kids voting

Dec 22, 2020, 9:38 AM

I bet Day never even looked at his ballots last year with except direction to make sure tOSU was highly ranked.

I hope Dabo doesn’t spend any time on this other than to tell the first year GA to “screw with tOSU a bit”.

Or maybe somebody higher like the Strength/Get Back Coach fills out the ballot. That is what I would like to think. Puts me in a good mood.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Most of the time it is a GA or a coach’s young kids voting

Dec 22, 2020, 9:53 AM

Dabo has said multiple times that he does his top 25 each week on his own.

He has also said that he takes is seriously and tries to produce an accurate product.

Sorry to burst your bubble.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 22, 2020, 10:16 AM

No bubble burst. I said I hoped he didn’t waste time on it since I believe few others do.

Wasn’t criticizing the original poster’s comment. It was very thoughtful and individual coach (or staff) voting means a lot to people.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 22, 2020, 10:25 AM

So in a political world do you expect objectivity ?

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Also It's Not Like He's Hiding It. Dabo Very Much Seems to

Dec 22, 2020, 11:28 AM

Act with a consistent set of values and acting as he speaks. If Ryan Day and his hoard of Bucknutz don't like then do something about it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,656
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic