Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Most corrupt officiating I have seen in years!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 3,482

Most corrupt officiating I have seen in years!

Nov 8, 2020, 7:45 AM

I have been around a long time and it has been a long time since I saw the officials dictate an outcome like they did last night.

For your consideration.

There was absolutely no question - on the ND long pass in Q4 - that the ball bounced when the player hit the turf. You could not help but see it. Announcers, fans, opposition, viewers. Yet the replay booth allows the catch to occur. This was NOT a questionable 50/50 call.

The touchdown by Powell that was called on the field. I could look at that 100 times and never say he was short. The first video review came back and stayed with the TD. Then, and tell me if you have ever seen this - that the same replay booth went back a second time and then said Powell was short. Has anyone ever seen such a close call not only be reversed, but allowed and then they review a second time and reverse?

When Clemson was up by 7 and have the ball with about 2 minutes remaining. Clemson runs a play, ND stops and calls timeout. Flag on the play. ND accepts the penalty and it is walked off. Down is to be replayed. Clearly they accepted penalty. Then, after the fact, ND changes their mind I guess and declines. What changed? Why after the fact can ND change? Who allows this? If they declined, should the clock start running and force ND to call timeout? In this case they changed their answer after the mark off, then did not have to take a timeout.

Just 3 to be curious - there were more.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Most corrupt officiating I have seen in years!

Nov 8, 2020, 7:47 AM

There's NO DOUBT the Officials had a HUGE INFLUENCE on the outcome.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 8, 2020, 8:00 AM

They will go back to their normal jobs as ballot counters on Monday.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I never complain about officials but...

Nov 8, 2020, 8:03 AM

What a #### show.

Nov 8, 2020, 8:03 AM

Agreed. Officiating was not good at all in this game. There were many plays, but not allowing the clock to run at the 2:00 minute mark and when ND defense jumped offsides should have been a free play. On the offsides play, DJ hit Powell in stride, which would have been a TD, but the refs called the play dead. Those were just 2 huge plays in this game in my oppinion

Nov 8, 2020, 8:05 AM

I agree the officiating was awful, but to say it cost us the game would be a reach in my opinion. Injuries on defense were most likely the downfall in this one.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 8, 2020, 8:07 AM

Oh and a fumble 6 and Amari's fumble. 10 points right there.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Suck it Up Man. You Sound Like a Gameclucker!***

Nov 8, 2020, 8:08 AM

Re: Suck it Up Man. You Sound Like a Gameclucker!***

Nov 8, 2020, 8:32 AM

There were just as many screams coming from the ND fans. The game was full of controversial calls, but they probably evened out in the end.

Just wish it was called cleaner, and reviewed properly. Even the last few TD's had delays before they went to review. Why?

NEVER EVER***********

Nov 8, 2020, 8:36 AM

NEVER HAVE I SEEN A REPLAY UNDER REVIEW TWICE !!!!! NEVER EVER !!!!

Did not lose us the game,but NEVER EVER BEEN DONE BEFORE !!!

Re: NEVER EVER***********

Nov 8, 2020, 9:15 AM

Clemson scored the next play...

It was clear this group was not ready when they let Dabo talk them out of a critical defensive Pass Interference call. I don’t understand the double review either. But ND got the ball back and scored after the flag pick up and Clemson scored the next play after the replay.

Re: NEVER EVER***********

Nov 8, 2020, 9:29 AM

Agreed, that was clearly PI, it was called and they picked it up - that was a HUGE break for us as ND turned it over on downs on the next play which ND should have caught. We got those breaks and promptly burned 23 seconds and gave it back to them so they could try again.

Refs didnt cost us the game.

Nov 8, 2020, 10:31 AM

By no means we’re bad calls the reason we lost. Playing at ND, you expect to get jobbed on a few penalties, but not calling that last PI pretty much evened out the game.

Replies: 12
| visibility 3,482
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic