Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Mike was going to get passed
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 4,465

Mike was going to get passed

Jan 25, 2021, 2:53 PM

Have you seen the depth chart for our LB room?

This was the best decision for Mike, and the best decision for Clemson. He will go to a defense and become the potential star, while here he was bound to share equal snaps with 1-2 others shooting their up the depth chart. This allows us to get much more talented players into our rotation without appearing to neglect Mike and his commitment to the program.

I"m 100% positive Dabo and Brent had a heart-to-heart with him about where things stood going into next season.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Mike was going to get passed

Jan 25, 2021, 3:57 PM

100% agree with this. In MJJ's position. I think this was a good move. He's given the program everything he could, and graduated. Go get yours kid!

Jan 25, 2021, 4:23 PM

I'm pretty sure after the showing Simpson put on at the end of last season, the writing was on the wall. Plus the incoming freshmen LBs are missiles shot out of a cannon.

Jan 25, 2021, 5:16 PM

Lmao where do you people come up with crap?

Jones was the most versatile LB that we had...He played outside, nickel, and even came off the edge as a rusher....He wasn’t splitting fckn snaps with anyone as long as he was healthy.

Message was edited by: jsebe10®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Jan 25, 2021, 5:24 PM

Sorry you missed last season.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 25, 2021, 5:28 PM [ in reply to Re: Mike was going to get passed ]

Our most versatile player that didn't start until his final year, only after Simmons and others in front of him declared?

I love Mike, and he's a great player, but the reality is we have much better talent behind him that needs as much experience as possible before the playoff.

I can assure he, Mike would not be leaving if he was guaranteed to be the day 1 starter all season long.

Assure you***

Jan 25, 2021, 5:29 PM

Nm

MIke Jones was a RS SO this year. The guy has 3 years left

Jan 26, 2021, 1:18 AM [ in reply to Re: Mike was going to get passed ]

if he wants them. Think about who you just said he was behind last year .... Simmons!!. Mike was our best starting LB this year and his absence was a huge reason we lost to ND the first time. He graded at 77.9 on 359 snaps which was the highest of our 3 starting LBs. His backup, Simpson, played a lot due to Mike's injury and graded 59.6 on 271. If you were to pick a starting LB to transfer, he's not the one I'd pick. Yes Simpson is very talented but he made a ton of mistakes and probably will for a good portion of next year also as he'll still be young. Better hope youth and inexperience doesn't show up 1st game and leave a hole at that position.

Jan 26, 2021, 7:53 AM

It blows my mind how some of you try to spin EVERYTHING as a positive for Clemson. Mike entering the transfer portal is not good for Clemson in any way shape or form period. It doesn't make you any less of a person or Clemson fan to acknowledge this.

I’m glad you figured out the formula.

Jan 26, 2021, 8:06 AM

If a player leaves the football team due to transfer, it’s always good for Clemson.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Jan 26, 2021, 8:42 AM

It's laughable to think that the coaching staff would tell a player like MJ that he is better in the transfer portal. That doesn't fit the Clemson mold. We aren't UGA or the like that just signs players and then discards later on like a poker hand. I've always felt that every player is recruited for a specific reason and I just can't believe Dabo would dismiss a talent like MJ. Something else is afoot I think.

Jan 26, 2021, 10:00 AM

The truth is that NONE of us know why Mike is transferring and what was said or not said to him by the coaches. I do know that he was a productive player and a fine young man, so I can't imagine that her was encouraged to leave by anyone on the staff. We have had plenty of players on defense that split time with other great players and are now playing in the NFL right now. Maybe one day we will find out why he transferred, but right now we just do not know.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 4,465
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic