Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Mike Pence just said schools ARE opening this fall. Tee it
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 41
| visibility 1

Mike Pence just said schools ARE opening this fall. Tee it

May 15, 2020, 2:01 PM

UP!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Mike Pence just said schools ARE opening this fall. Tee it

May 15, 2020, 2:35 PM

Well, yes schools sill be open. But Mike Pence has no power to make that decision.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 15, 2020, 2:37 PM

Trump can withhold federal funding until federal recommendations are met for reopening.

There is one state who has the cash to push back, but that will run out.

May 15, 2020, 2:46 PM

Trump is completely beholden to 65+ yr old voters who are overwhelmingly paranoid of the virus and willing to #### over future generations of Americans so that they can hold onto life for 3 more years.

So, no, Trump will not do anything proactive like that and will continue to let governors run the show (as he has done for the past 3 months).

May 15, 2020, 2:56 PM

Sorry we old folks offend thee. #### off.

May 15, 2020, 4:42 PM

Not offended at all. Just pointing out that we are making public policy decisions (as a world) which only benefit those of us who have the least amount of life ahead. There will be longterm, catastrophic effects of this felt for decades.

Sadly, the world’s young people are too myopic and manipulated to fully realize the chaotic world period we have just kickstarted. The seeds for WWII were laid in the late 1910’s, and I fear we have just gone down a similar path. America will be ok in the upcoming depression but most of the world will not.....and that will one day effect us in a major way.

May 15, 2020, 9:07 PM

One irony is young people voting for candidates providing free tuition, free salaries, free everything ... when the old-timers will soon retire and the young will pick up 100% of the tax bill. When your political source is a late night TV comedian, you might just figure out one day you are being used.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 15, 2020, 11:26 PM

True. Young and old have been completely indoctrinated by the media

May 16, 2020, 7:55 PM

Not this old guy. I still try and apply common sense. I am not a science denier but struggle with all the changes in worry, dont worry, mask, no mask, open, dont open. This is still America so its not up to anyone to tell us how to live. By the way serious question if you have a mask on and I dont if the mask is so #### good how are "you" not ok? Again its the Virgil Kaine talking and not me.

I am an 81 year old Trump supporter

May 15, 2020, 5:03 PM [ in reply to Re: Mike Pence just said schools ARE opening this fall. Tee it ]

and am ready to open things up. I will be careful, but let's go.

Re: I am an 81 year old Trump supporter

May 15, 2020, 8:11 PM

Wish there were more like you. Thank you friend!

May 15, 2020, 8:59 PM

I would say about half of my patients 65+ I’ve come across have been strongly in favor of opening things up, understanding their risk and accepting it. So I think you are probably talking out your rear without and real world view. Y’all about myopic. 35yo who thinks the low risk population (in SC people less than 50 represent 50% of cases but only 1% of deaths) should, even obligated, to get back to normal while the high risk population, at their choice, continues to shelter so we can build some native heard immunity, and I think one of the worst possible things is keeping schools closed because it won’t matter what the rest of us under 50 crowd do if we have to stay home and play teacher.

TigerXJ
Clemson University Class of 2007
UNC-CH SOM Class of 2011
Life's Journey is not to arrive at the Grave Safely in a Well Preserved Body. But Rather to Launch Airborne, Land Hard, Slide in Sideways, Totally Worn Out and Thrashed, Screaming "Holy Shit What a Ride!!!"

May 15, 2020, 11:28 PM

No, maybe you are based in the south or some other representative place? There are plenty of polls that show lockdown opinions by age/political preference/etc.....just google around friend.

May 16, 2020, 3:56 PM [ in reply to I am an 81 year old Trump supporter ]

Well said Leo. I'm afraid many of us characterize others by age. From what I read on this and other boards, we've got some pretty sharp old buzzards on this board. I wish I was half as sharp as them. I'll cut a deal with you guys and gals. I will refrain from making disparaging remarks about you older posters if you will not make disparaging remarks about us in the younger generations. OK?

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 15, 2020, 8:30 PM [ in reply to Re: Mike Pence just said schools ARE opening this fall. Tee it ]

You will be old one day......if you are fortunate enough to live that long........Go Tigers!!!!

May 15, 2020, 11:31 PM

And if so will I want to hurl the country off the cliff for my grandkids?

Im 70 & I call Bull Shirt on your stupid blanket statement.

May 15, 2020, 10:26 PM [ in reply to Re: Mike Pence just said schools ARE opening this fall. Tee it ]

I reeks of the dumb a$$.

Re: Im 70 & I call Bull Shirt on your stupid blanket statement.

May 15, 2020, 11:32 PM

If you’re unwilling to research the issue, enjoy your bliss!

You’ve obviously done no research whatsoever on the

May 16, 2020, 2:31 PM

attitudes of people in the “at risk” category.

You make idiotic broad-brush statements about how older people think and act and expect to have your opinion respected.

Try again ...

May 16, 2020, 2:47 PM [ in reply to Re: Mike Pence just said schools ARE opening this fall. Tee it ]

He would never do it. Not even a slim chance. He might threaten it, but he wouldn't follow through.

So now we're against states rights?***

May 15, 2020, 3:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Mike Pence just said schools ARE opening this fall. Tee it ]

Re: So now we're against states rights?***

May 15, 2020, 4:58 PM

Unfortunately, if one reads beyond headlines, the current administration (in general) does not support state rights in a typical sense. The situation where states are allowed to draft their own guidelines had to be prefaced with a caveat that Trump could absolutely make the call if he wants, but is choosing not to this time. He’s doing the right thing in that respect imo, but it is driven by a need for plausible deniability, rather than adherence to supposed republican tenets.

I hope it doesn't get to that point, but i think that would

May 15, 2020, 5:42 PM [ in reply to Re: Mike Pence just said schools ARE opening this fall. Tee it ]

be received horribly if Trump took that line. It should be at least. That's a total ##### move.

May 16, 2020, 2:45 PM [ in reply to Re: Mike Pence just said schools ARE opening this fall. Tee it ]

He would never do that. That what be terrible politically and also sets him up for other possible problems.

May 15, 2020, 2:37 PM [ in reply to Re: Mike Pence just said schools ARE opening this fall. Tee it ]

Trump can withhold federal funding until federal recommendations are met for reopening.

May 15, 2020, 2:37 PM [ in reply to Re: Mike Pence just said schools ARE opening this fall. Tee it ]

May 15, 2020, 2:41 PM

Why would attach any truth or importance to what Pence or Fat Donny says? Trump lies every time he opens his mouth and Pence echos it like a good little lackey.

May 15, 2020, 3:00 PM

And General Pillsberry Doughboy frees his lackeys and makes a mockery of the justice and intelligence departments.

May 15, 2020, 2:49 PM [ in reply to Re: Mike Pence just said schools ARE opening this fall. Tee it ]

What? Say again?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let’s talk again when you learn how to use the internet.***

May 15, 2020, 2:55 PM [ in reply to Re: Mike Pence just said schools ARE opening this fall. Tee it ]

You are getting flamed but correct they don't have authority

May 16, 2020, 8:06 AM [ in reply to Re: Mike Pence just said schools ARE opening this fall. Tee it ]

I don't see this being the one issue the federal actually government actually does something pandemic related either. All Trump does is attack governors. If only he were in a leadership position himself.

The same dude that went to a hospital and didn't wear a mask?***

May 15, 2020, 2:53 PM

nm

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: The same dude that went to a hospital and didn't wear a mask?***

May 15, 2020, 3:06 PM

You mean the same person who ignored a HepC/HIV outbreak during the opioid crisis in Indiana. What is his plan to stop the virus Mike? Abstinence?

Yes, this guy...

May 15, 2020, 3:33 PM

Yeah, that’s not a photoshop ... obviously real!

May 16, 2020, 2:38 PM

At least you don’t need to photoshop the words that come out of Biden’s mouth every time he speaks.

May 15, 2020, 4:18 PM

Mike Pence is a gelding.

May 15, 2020, 4:47 PM

Unlike Clueless Joe, who as Veep had to betray Seal Team Six in order to convince people he was actually in the loop.

I know, that's irrelevant to the current discussion. I'm just illustrating that the person who accepts the Veep role is basically useless--until he isn't.

Tee it up? Yes please

May 15, 2020, 11:32 PM

Spot the ball fellas.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If Pence is in charge maybe they'll offer Cornona conversion

May 16, 2020, 7:47 AM

therapy....

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And yet so many wanted Trump impeached so that Pence

May 16, 2020, 2:35 PM

could become POTUS.

Brilliant move Pence critics!

Replies: 41
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic