Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
how many of you wear masks?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 61
| visibility 1

how many of you wear masks?

Jun 20, 2020, 2:15 PM

I dont. wore one today for 20 minutes to get a hair cut but it will be the last time.

How many of you wear masks?    [Results]

I do
I dont
military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I love this place, I've got a spot already picked out where I want 'em to put me when I die - up there on that ole hill near the stadium. I want to be there so I can hear all them people cheering my Tigers on Saturdays; then I won't have to go Heaven; I'll already be there."- Frank Howard

Some places mandate it. Have worn it inside pharmacy

Jun 20, 2020, 2:20 PM

But generally no. We’ve been doing more delivery and pickups instead.

Haven’t seen many masks yet at outdoor events like little league either.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: how many of you wear masks?

Jun 20, 2020, 2:21 PM

I wore one for a contact exam yesterday. I keep an N95 in the car, but for the most part I am religious about distancing when I am in the store, and keep hand sanitizer in the car for when I head home. Last night I went to a dinner party with co workers and their families, none of us wore masks.

I should also mention our county is one of the least hit in the state, 12 total deaths, that number has not changed in weeks.

Message was edited by: Tigerbalm1®

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Never Seen So Many #### Cry Babies in My Life

Jun 20, 2020, 2:25 PM

It ain't about you #######. It's about not transmitting it so someone who is high risk - like your parents or grandparents.

I know, you aren't ever going to get it. You're special....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You sound like you’re crying. Are you crying?***

Jun 20, 2020, 3:23 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: You sound like you’re crying. Are you crying?***

Jun 20, 2020, 4:53 PM

He sounds mad

Jun 20, 2020, 7:27 PM [ in reply to You sound like you’re crying. Are you crying?*** ]

Your ignorance to the facts is astonishing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 20, 2020, 7:27 PM [ in reply to You sound like you’re crying. Are you crying?*** ]

Your ignorance to the facts is astonishing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 20, 2020, 8:07 PM

You’re saying it’s a fact that he’s crying? How do you know for sure?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Jun 20, 2020, 11:20 PM

Mark Twain was right when he told people not to argue with stupid people because they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

LMAO you will never enforce mask wearing..

Jun 20, 2020, 3:44 PM [ in reply to Never Seen So Many #### Cry Babies in My Life ]

your kind wants to defund police. LOL!

"I love this place, I've got a spot already picked out where I want 'em to put me when I die - up there on that ole hill near the stadium. I want to be there so I can hear all them people cheering my Tigers on Saturdays; then I won't have to go Heaven; I'll already be there."- Frank Howard

Masks don't work

Jun 20, 2020, 11:29 PM [ in reply to Never Seen So Many #### Cry Babies in My Life ]

(?????????? ???? ???????? ??????????????????)

? N95 mask: Designed for CONTAMINATED environments. That means when you exhale through N95 the design is that you are exhaling into contamination. The exhale from N95 masks are vented to breathe straight out without filtration. They don’t filter the air on the way out. They don’t need to. So if someone with Covid has a N95 mask, their covid breath is being exhaled completely unfiltered (because it was designed for already contaminated environments, it’s not filtering your air on the way out)

? Surgical Mask: these masks were designed and approved for STERILE environments. The amount of particles and contaminants in the outside and indoor environments where people are CLOG these masks very, very quickly. The moisture from your breath combined with the clogged mask will render it “useless”. IF you come in contact with Covid and your mask traps it, you become a walking virus dispenser. Everytime you put your mask on you are breathing the germs from EVERYWHERE you went. They should be changed or thrown out every “20-30 minutes in a non sterile environment”

? Cloth mask: By now hopefully you all know CLOTH masks do not filter anything. You mean the American flag one my aunt made? Yes. The bandanna, the cut up t-shirt, the scarf - ALL of them offer NO FILTERING whatsoever. As you exhale you are ridding your lungs of contaminants and carbon dioxide. Fitted cloth masks trap this carbon dioxide the best. It actually risks health, outlined below. The moisture caught in these masks can become mildew ridden over night. Dry coughing, enhanced allergies, sore throat are all symptoms of a micro-mold in your mask.

?? So N95 blows the virus into the air from a contaminated person. The surgical mask is not designed for the outside world and will not filter the virus upon inhaling through it. It’s filtration works on the exhale (Like a vacuum bag it only works one way). Cloth masks are WORSE than none.
?Why then does the CDC want us to keep wearing masks? The masks don’t work. In fact, they reduce blood oxygen levels which can cause immediate and long term negative health effects such as:

??lowered immunity
??dizziness
??shortness of breath
??headache
??high blood pressure
??lung inflammation
??brain damage
??infection

?? Conclusion: You are safer with NO mask. Your immune system will be stronger, and you will maintain adequate blood oxygen levels.
If your mask comforts you then wear it, just know it is a false sense of security, is harming your health, and doesn’t give you moral authority to demand others put masks on.

Re: Masks don't work

Jun 26, 2020, 7:11 AM

Source? Mine says differently.

http://med.stanford.edu/news/all-news/2020/06/stanford-scientists-contribute-to-who-mask-guidelines.html

Think about it. If masks do not work, why did Fauci tell everyone that the public didn’t need them so they could save the masks for the healthcare workers?

Why does social distancing and mask wearing work everywhere but the US?

Im genuinely curious why we can’t use the same strategies japan used, NYC used etc. we have much less density ?????

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 26, 2020, 7:27 AM

Because health care workers needed them. They wear them for THEIR protection and not for their patient. My daughter wears a N(% as well as a surgical mask. Surgical masks are just that, for surgery. They are to be used for the duration of that procedure and tossed. The next thing we will see is a rapid rise in the cases of pneumonia across the country.

Jun 26, 2020, 8:20 AM

My Father is in a nursing home. He is unable to maintain a safe distance from his caregivers.

In march cases were rising. In georgia they were even sending the national guard to clean nursing homes. Windemere was very close to his home (huge outbreak).

In early april the staff started wearing masks. Two staff contracted covid in april from the plant volke outbreak, but no residents have been sick.

I asked why they started wearing masks and they said the direction of the CDC was not to wear masks in march but changed in april. Since they have been wearing the masks (knock on wood) no new infections.

Its one anecdotal story but it tells me to give masks a chance. :)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Holy source-less copy and paste, Batman!***

Jun 26, 2020, 9:06 AM [ in reply to Masks don't work ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 20, 2020, 2:34 PM

I wear one when I go out for a walk in the neighborhood. No one else does. I have underlying health issues and I was a health care professional for 25 years until I retired last year. On thousands of occasions at work I was required to wear a surgical mask and rarely an N 95. I was grateful for the protection, and there were no socio/policital issues involved. It was a hospital/unit policy requirement. Didn't hurt me none.

Go Tigers and please be safe!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 20, 2020, 2:35 PM

Quit wearing mask June 1st, unless required to enter building. Conscience of social distancing and keep sanitizer in vehicle. I do shake hands.

Jun 20, 2020, 2:37 PM

You shake hands!!!! Arrest him hurry hurry to the gulag!!!

Jun 20, 2020, 2:36 PM

I do where it’s required. Never understood the driving with it on until I understood how politicized it is and they are virtue signaling.

Gonna get a sheep holloween mask and wear that when I drive.

the other explanation for driving with it on is not wanting

Jun 20, 2020, 9:19 PM

to touch it with dirty hands? Or maybe they are driving/riding with someone that they don't usually ride with and want to minimize germs share? Idk. I'm reaching. I don't get it either. I typically put it on in the car before getting out, and make sure I use hand sanitizer before taking it off.

"It's Baltimore, Gentlemen; the Gods will not save you."

Re: the other explanation for driving with it on is not wanting

Jun 26, 2020, 10:37 AM

I think the idea is that, in the interests of being absolutely careful, folks don't want to continually put the mask down in a car that may have virus in it in spots, or to touch the mask with fingers that may have virus on them. I don't wear one when I'm driving, but I'm by myself, so if I have covid 19, I'm not protecting anyone by wearing the mask in the car.

Jun 20, 2020, 3:37 PM

"Our analysis reveals that the difference with and without mandated face covering represents the determinant in shaping the trends of the pandemic. This protective measure significantly reduces the number of infections. Other mitigation measures, such as social distancing implemented in the United States, are insufficient by themselves in protecting the public. Our work also highlights the necessity that sound science is essential in decision-making for the current and future public health pandemics."

It's just a study by qualified people, written up and linked on other threads. I'm not sure if it's a red political position or a blue one, or if the authors even give a #### about politics. But their conclusion is pretty clear.

If you are a skeptic you might want to think about it like this: Wearing a mask MIGHT help. Wearing a mask cannot hurt.

Jun 20, 2020, 8:19 PM

That train of thought is exactly why SC has hit an all time high with positive test the last few days, with deaths also. But I don't care if you wear a mask, I do. Good luck with your life!!!

I do when I am near people

Jun 20, 2020, 3:44 PM
Mask.jpg(136.7 K)

Re: I do when I am near people

Jun 20, 2020, 4:40 PM

That’s a great diagram, though i couldn’t see its origin.

OTOH, persons who have breathing problems should ONLY wear a mask when we are around other people.

Do not sing, jog or perform aerobic activities in a mask. And masks should be changed or cleaned regularly. Now that they are widely available, you should never wear the same one two days in a row.

Outdoor air circulation offsets the need for a mask, unless you are going to be stationary and not eating for an extended time.

Lots of this stuff we didn’t know 90 days ago.

Re: I do when I am near people

Jun 26, 2020, 7:31 AM [ in reply to I do when I am near people ]

That means just as much as someone telling you not to wear a mask.

F a mask***

Jun 20, 2020, 3:53 PM

Clemson doesn't care about basketball....as evidenced by Brown-L getting 14 years.

Re: F a mask***

Jun 20, 2020, 4:13 PM

I bet you wouldn’t say that to Zoro .

Re: F a mask***

Jun 20, 2020, 4:13 PM [ in reply to F a mask*** ]

I bet you wouldn’t say that to Zoro .

Jun 20, 2020, 4:09 PM

I wear mine most of the time.

Jun 20, 2020, 4:13 PM

I say get rid of the face masks on football helmets....j/k

Yes - Inside grocery & other stores. Not outside _

Jun 20, 2020, 4:28 PM

Always try to sit outside at bars & restaurants. Not when golfing, walking, biking etc. Have to wear masks at doctors’ offices and other medical facilities.

I would support a law for it to be mandatory at grocery stores, drug stores, medical facilities, airports, planes and other public transportation. I inevitably get a seat next to the guy hacking up a lung.

Not so much elsewhere.

Jun 20, 2020, 4:29 PM

Yea, selfish people like you don't.

Transitioning from “don’t” to “do”

Jun 20, 2020, 4:34 PM

I would say I wear a mask about 60% of the time I am in a public building. I social distance outdoors.

Jun 20, 2020, 4:44 PM

I don't wear them outdoors nor in my car. Indoors, depends on the crowd and type of building. Usually I don't.

I have one risk factor....and I have people in my family that have multiple risk factors

Jun 20, 2020, 4:52 PM

Like cancer (Dad) and a kidney transplant (Sister), and also age, heart disease, and diabetes.

I have not gone to many indoor places with other people. I have been to the eye doctor about 11 times (shingles in my eye) and I go to the grocery store about once every 2 weeks.

Outdoors, I just ensure I stay away from others. I have been to a few outdoor places that were too crowded, so I did not stop.

Required to wear a mask at the eye doctor. I just wish people at the grocery would wear a mask and would keep their distance. Someone reaching around me to get an item might put me in jail one day. I actually kinda growled at a lady a couple of weeks ago. One man heard a bad word come out of my mouth.

I am very careful.....just wish others would respect that and back the heck off.

Re: I have one risk factor....and I have people in my family that have multiple risk factors

Jun 20, 2020, 8:40 PM

TennesseeLadyTiger, I was so very close to taking that trip to jail at lowes today. It got very heated to the point that I invited the guy outside, and that made him back away from me. He was standing to close even without a pandemic, and he was inches away without a mask, I was respectful and polite at first, until he caused my panic button to short out, then I was off the chain!!! The manager took him outside and I never seen the A hole again, but I did look around for him when I went out bs I was still off the chain mad....

Wearing a mask is one thing...but getting so close to me that your brush up against me is another

Jun 20, 2020, 9:09 PM

Respect the distance.

I'm almost 65. I do whenever I'm around a bunch of people..

Jun 20, 2020, 4:52 PM

like a grocery store, Wal-Mart, etc.

Obviously, there are a lot of people now that aren't. Any wonder why the number of sick/positive cases has risen so much in the past month?

I'd be interested in hearing the reasons for not

Jun 20, 2020, 6:31 PM

wearing a mask.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

I'd not be interested in hearing the reasons for

Jun 20, 2020, 11:49 PM

wearing one.

Jun 20, 2020, 6:42 PM

I wear one any time I go indoors at a public place (grocery store, home depot,etc.). I do not wear one on my daily 1 hour walk through the neighborhood but I keep my distance if I talk to anyone. I totally disagree with the idea that a mask is not beneficial to the wearer. The early statements from health officials that they were only protection from passing it on to others was largely a ploy to keep medical masks available for health care workers. Recent studies are showing significant benefits for the wearer in preventing getting a viable dosage. Yes, they may not prevent some small aerosols and tightness of fit is an issue but still varying degrees of benefit depending on the mask material. Google "Difference in N95 and Kn 95 masks" and some of the articles talk about the effectiveness of various home made mask materials. Evolving studies are showing benefits for the wearer in addition to protecting others.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 20, 2020, 6:51 PM

Everytime I step out the truck to go anywhere. DO not to pump gas but do have hand sanitizer on bedcover to use after pumping/paying at pump and always pick a pump that has nobody near it.

N95 all the time for me because it is not about being brave but about being smart/cautious. I do not want it, will do my best to avoid it.

N95 Mask

Jun 20, 2020, 11:31 PM

? N95 mask: Designed for CONTAMINATED environments. That means when you exhale through N95 the design is that you are exhaling into contamination. The exhale from N95 masks are vented to breathe straight out without filtration. They don’t filter the air on the way out. They don’t need to. So if someone with Covid has a N95 mask, their covid breath is being exhaled completely unfiltered (because it was designed for already contaminated environments, it’s not filtering your air on the way out)

? Surgical Mask: these masks were designed and approved for STERILE environments. The amount of particles and contaminants in the outside and indoor environments where people are CLOG these masks very, very quickly. The moisture from your breath combined with the clogged mask will render it “useless”. IF you come in contact with Covid and your mask traps it, you become a walking virus dispenser. Everytime you put your mask on you are breathing the germs from EVERYWHERE you went. They should be changed or thrown out every “20-30 minutes in a non sterile environment”

? Cloth mask: By now hopefully you all know CLOTH masks do not filter anything. You mean the American flag one my aunt made? Yes. The bandanna, the cut up t-shirt, the scarf - ALL of them offer NO FILTERING whatsoever. As you exhale you are ridding your lungs of contaminants and carbon dioxide. Fitted cloth masks trap this carbon dioxide the best. It actually risks health, outlined below. The moisture caught in these masks can become mildew ridden over night. Dry coughing, enhanced allergies, sore throat are all symptoms of a micro-mold in your mask.

?? So N95 blows the virus into the air from a contaminated person. The surgical mask is not designed for the outside world and will not filter the virus upon inhaling through it. It’s filtration works on the exhale (Like a vacuum bag it only works one way). Cloth masks are WORSE than none.

?Why then does the CDC want us to keep wearing masks? The masks don’t work. In fact, they reduce blood oxygen levels which can cause immediate and long term negative health effects such as:

??lowered immunity
??dizziness
??shortness of breath
??headache
??high blood pressure
??lung inflammation
??brain damage
??infection

?? Conclusion: You are safer with NO mask. Your immune system will be stronger, and you will maintain adequate blood oxygen levels.
If your mask comforts you then wear it, just know it is a false sense of security, is harming your health, and doesn’t give you moral authority to demand others put masks on.

So whoever the bandit is, can you explain why? All I did was

Jun 20, 2020, 11:43 PM

post the facts. Do you have anything to add? I'm all ears.

Jun 20, 2020, 8:14 PM

Never have, will only where a mask when I get my yearly physical in August.

Even a simple 'non- physician' like me (but still with a brain) knows that there are good germs and bad germs. Most of the 'good germs' live in your lower intestine and aid in digestion.

If you insist of wearing a mask and keep social distancing and wash and sanitize your hands about fifteen hundred times a day, like is advised. Then we are living 'germ free' and at sometime we will have lower intestinal gastric problems.

Last week I drove from Atlanta to Memphis to get a dog. I know that's a long way to drive to get a dog. But if you think of it, (if the dogs free - to a good home and there are many scams for dogs since this Covona Virus (or beer virus as I like to call it. LOL). Most of the scams are out of Atlanta so I didn't want to pay any money for a dog. Even a pound dog cost at least $100.00 besides I am 65 years old and was more than ready for a 'road trip'.

As you may know, their are no roads that go diagonally there. so I covered 1/3 of the US on my road trip. Georgia west to Mississippi north to Memphis then from Memphis to Nashville and south to north Georgia. I just made a big circle.

In that time I stopped 6 times for gas and or food. Mostly in small towns.

The only masks I saw (at least 40 miles from a large town) were worn by people who worked for fast food places. NOONE at least 40 miles from a large town wore a face mask.

Jun 20, 2020, 8:21 PM

I can not breathe with a mask on! I am a homey! I will wear to go to get food and supplies. I go early!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 20, 2020, 10:26 PM

I do not wear a mask. I keep distance, try to turn my back to others face when passing in a grocery store, use common sense, etc.

I value my constitutional rights over whatever supposed benefit a mask may provide. Our country’s current landscape looks absolutely nothing like the values America was founded on.

Your actions are the furthest from patriotism you can get

Jun 26, 2020, 9:09 AM

Which constitutional rights, specifically, are you citing?

"Ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country."

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Interesting Facts I saw today....

Jun 20, 2020, 11:29 PM

??lowered immunity
??dizziness
??shortness of breath
??headache
??high blood pressure
??lung inflammation
??brain damage
??infection

Re: Interesting Facts I saw today....

Jun 20, 2020, 11:37 PM

Nice bro, thanks for dropping some knowledge. Good to know, validates my decision not to wear a mask

Re: Interesting Facts I saw today....

Jun 26, 2020, 6:23 AM

https://www.pnas.org/content/early/2020/06/10/2009637117

Jun 26, 2020, 6:39 AM

This thread is a good example of why federal/state/local governments mandate things for its citizens. We have too many selfish people that cannot be inconvenienced by wearing masks out in public.

Jun 26, 2020, 8:35 AM

You do realize that EVERYONE is going to get this virus and that there is NOT going to be a vaccine for it and probably not even medication to assist with the symptoms?

Jun 26, 2020, 6:45 AM

I do..kind of. When I go to grocery stores and other places that now require them, I do. I also wear on job sites.

Regardless of what some of you guys think, they slow transmission. I get my info from my next door neighbor who is one of our hospital systems lead docs at caring for patients with Covid. He said hospitalizations are on a slow and steady rise. Also said he has three folks 20-30 years old on ventilator and five that are 30-45 on a ventilator.

If folks don't start wearing masking to slow transmission AND social distance, there will not be school nor football in the fall. I will not be happy....

Jun 26, 2020, 7:37 AM

Heads up for ya’ll that don’t spot it, this question is an IQ test.

Jun 26, 2020, 7:56 AM

Oh by the way another IQ test coming up on Tuesday November 3, 2020.

It's amazing to me that the same flag-waving people

Jun 26, 2020, 8:44 AM

that call themselves patriots can't participate in a minuscule inconvenience for the greater good.

A true patriot asks what he can do for his country...

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It's amazing to me that the same flag-waving people

Jun 26, 2020, 10:44 AM

as some meme on facebook put it, if you aren't wearing a mask because "god will protect you," then you don't need an ar-15 for the same reason.

Jun 26, 2020, 8:59 AM

I live on Long Island and wear them whenever I enter any indoor building (other than my home), or when I am in an outdoor area and social distancing is unlikely to occur. I don't see it as much of an inconvenience, particularly given the upside to others of doing so.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 26, 2020, 9:54 AM

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/coronavirus/in-depth/coronavirus-mask/art-20485449

Replies: 61
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic