Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Swinney on Etienne, Bryant post-Monday practice
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

FB Update: Swinney on Etienne, Bryant post-Monday practice

Oct 16, 2017, 8:53 PM

Swinney on Etienne, Bryant post-Monday practice

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I really hope they are both at full speed vs Georgia Tech

Oct 16, 2017, 9:04 PM

Go Tigers!

Re: I really hope they are both at full speed vs Georgia Tech

Oct 16, 2017, 9:11 PM

Etienne was just a tweak was what I heard, he should be ready. Bryant is more of concussion protocol. The ankle should be ready soon anyway.

Re: I really hope they are both at full speed vs Georgia Tech

Oct 16, 2017, 11:27 PM

I hope his ankle really is. Pretending it was cost us. It wasn't last weekend, and it cost us. Thinking that the wrong backup was the best "next guy up" cost us. Lets really just put the next best player in the games as opposed to guys who are not as gifted being promoted. I want the ones who can get it done on the field in the games.

Message was edited by: Dugatiger®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What? The defense cost us the game more than

Oct 16, 2017, 11:54 PM

The backup QB. We couldn’t get them off the field all night, they had at least 3 ten play plus scoring drives. How can you say the wrong backup was in the game? You have no clue how Johnson would play and Cooper didn’t play that bad. We tied the game with 6 mins to play and our kickoff team had them backed up, but they drove it right down our throats to retake the lead.

You can try and place the blame on the QB if you like, but it’s not that simple.

Re: What? The defense cost us the game more than

Oct 17, 2017, 10:37 AM

I do have a clue, and it was evident on Friday that #1, Bryant wasn't healthy and couldn't perform as he had, and #2, our backup wasn't up to the task. Also evident was that our Defense wasn't ready for what Syracuse did. It took us too long to call the defense about every play. If we had been ready and everybody healthy with the right guys in, I do not think for a moment we would have lost. After all, the "experts" had us picked to stomp a much inferior team. They know more than either of us, and they rarely miss one by this margin. My opinion is just that - my opinion, and you are entitled to yours as well. Maybe the guys were tired, or looking ahead, or something else, but the bottom line is we lost to a very beatable team. I hope we fix what is broken and win the rest.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 17, 2017, 11:20 AM [ in reply to What? The defense cost us the game more than ]

Our D had played over 30 more snaps than our offense played. Does anybody think that Cuse could have taken the legs from under our D players the same as we use to do when we run the fast high tempo offense?

Also, why did we get away from the fast high tempo offense?

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 17, 2017, 7:40 PM

Great points, and good questions. I imagine the reason we left the fast paced offense was that our QB was not 100% healthy. That seemed pretty evident, and the longer the game went, the more pronounced and obvious it became. Maybe a lesson was learned.

Message was edited by: Dugatiger®

Oct 17, 2017, 11:57 AM [ in reply to What? The defense cost us the game more than ]

we lost by 4 points, one additional sustained TD drive, changes and wins the game. So its a valid point. But agree it was more than the qb

Oct 18, 2017, 10:38 AM

Our FG Kicker missed two very makeable FG' S.
ALL IN all The Tigers were not "Up " for the game.
Enough Blame to go around but Our Playoff Run starts next game.

yes indeed. keep giving them the ball.

Oct 16, 2017, 9:10 PM

they were running very well and we stopped giving them the ball. I've never played or coached football. played baseball in college and professionally. I was never pitching and throwing fastballs by someone and then said hmm I'll throw an off speed pitch. point is, our vertical run and pass game was working very well. we say ok let's abandon that and start screens and sweeps. seemed to throw us completely out of rythym. feaster and etn were tearing it up, believe they got 12 carries.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Love me some ETN but saw him totally whiff a block on a...

Oct 16, 2017, 9:11 PM

blitz. I think that's what Dabo means when he says "but the freshman has to continue to develop". We really miss a total package like Gallman this year. Older guys can block but lack burst, younger guys have burst but are still learning. It's only going to get better though!

Re: Love me some ETN but saw him totally whiff a block on a...

Oct 16, 2017, 9:12 PM

Yeah and that whiff got Bryant swallowed up too I believe.

Oct 17, 2017, 8:03 AM

He also whiffed and Cooper got killed late in the game.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ETN has missed more blocks than not this season...

Oct 16, 2017, 9:18 PM [ in reply to Love me some ETN but saw him totally whiff a block on a... ]

in the few chances he's had.

If he's out there, the Defense knows in all likelihood it's not a pass, and that's a problem. When him and Feaster are picking up all blitzes, and KB has time to throw and doesn't end up on the ground, they'll be even more effective.

Unfortunately for them, GT has a good defense. It's not NS state good, but it's not Louisville either.

Re: ETN has missed more blocks than not this season...

Oct 16, 2017, 9:57 PM

Well, he has definitely improved. With respect to knowing it's not a pass play when he's in, it hasn't stopped him from breaking off more than a few long runs.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feaster has been blocking good. Tired of this excuse that keeps our 2 best backs on the bench..***

Oct 16, 2017, 11:13 PM [ in reply to ETN has missed more blocks than not this season... ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ETN blicking whiffs were directly responsible for at least 2 sacks***

Oct 17, 2017, 1:32 AM

null

Re: ETN blicking whiffs were directly responsible for at least 2 sacks***

Oct 17, 2017, 5:53 AM

Yep. And one for Feaster. As I said in an earlier post, all 3 of these occurred when ETN/Feaster was primary receiver on an attempted middle screen (at least, it looked like one). They simply ran by the blitzer instead of cutting off their route and blocking him. That's a good recipe for putting a QB in the hospital.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

THIS ^^***

Oct 17, 2017, 10:15 AM

**Very obvious and both led to sacks and end of drive...***

Oct 17, 2017, 10:22 AM [ in reply to Re: ETN blicking whiffs were directly responsible for at least 2 sacks*** ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

**Very obvious and both led to sacks and end of drive...***

Oct 17, 2017, 10:35 AM [ in reply to Re: ETN blicking whiffs were directly responsible for at least 2 sacks*** ]

This is reminiscent of 2010 when they hesitated to play Hopkins and Brown...

Oct 16, 2017, 11:17 PM [ in reply to Love me some ETN but saw him totally whiff a block on a... ]

over Xavier Dye and Marquan Jones, even though Hopkins and Brown showed early on they were clearly better

You should maybe go look at the stats that year, Nuk led the

Oct 17, 2017, 10:31 AM

team in receptions (51) and Brown was second in terms of receivers (31).

Dwayne Allen had 37 and Jamie Harper had 33.

In the college game most backs aren't good blockers until there third year and....

Oct 16, 2017, 11:20 PM [ in reply to Love me some ETN but saw him totally whiff a block on a... ]

college backs most of the time are not leaned on in pass pro so much

Oct 17, 2017, 8:43 AM [ in reply to Love me some ETN but saw him totally whiff a block on a... ]

Yes, I saw the whiff too ....believe the guy jumped right over him and Travis did not touch him or slow him down. It was really just execution. He was in the right spot and knew the guy was coming. He will get better at that!

Deja vu. I heard this last week that KB was running great

Oct 16, 2017, 10:59 PM

in practice within the next day or two from injury. Meanwhile come game time we saw pretty quickly KB couldn’t move around very well and that ankle was still gimpy and we kept playing him knowing he couldn’t move. But he “gave us the best chance to win” but it was obvious after a short time we weren’t headed in that direction using a hurt KB.

ETN ran right into the OL on a 3rd and 1

Oct 16, 2017, 11:31 PM

I personally don't think we should spend so much time shuffling RBs. Feaster had the hot hand early in Friday's game and we got away from him for no apparent reason

We went from featuring one back to a four back rotation...

Oct 16, 2017, 11:36 PM

Feaster and Ettiene should be the ones getting a majority of the carries. Choice and Fuller are dependable, but until we aren't so heavily dependent on Bryant in the running game we need to stick to a two back rotation

Feaster and Ettiene are getting the majority of the carries.

Oct 17, 2017, 10:32 AM

The issue is we aren't carrying the ball with the running backs enough.

What happened to our hurry up Offense??

Oct 17, 2017, 7:06 PM

We wore down opponents last year with the go-go-go! Bama was worn down in the 4th Qtr, and it showed! Go back to what worked! Get on the line and hike the ball!!!

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic