Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Louisville Prediction
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 65
| visibility 1

Louisville Prediction

Sep 11, 2017, 2:56 PM

Certainly Lamar Jackson is a great talent but he single handedly carrying his team on his shoulders last year and nothing has changed this year. Their completion so far has been weak. UNC made him look good in the passing game but UNC is ranked 126th in pass defense not to mention Purdue is ranked 109th in pass defense. Of course Lamar is looking good in the passing game. And as much as Lamar runs, they are only ranked 33rd in rush offense. Even after the Auburn game, Clemson's rush offense is 35th in the nation. There are two reasons Clemson will win this game. 1.) The Clemson defense (#22 in rush defense, #1 in pass defense, #2 in total defense, and # 5 in scoring defense) and 2.) The Louisville pass defense is 123rd in the nation. Kelly Bryant will have fun with his talented receivers this game and it will not be as close as some might think. Clemson 39, Louisville 21. Go Tigers!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Louisville Prediction is 34-21 Tigers***

Sep 11, 2017, 4:44 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 11, 2017, 9:43 PM

27-20 Tigers

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Sep 11, 2017, 9:54 PM

27 - 16

Re: Louisville Prediction

Sep 11, 2017, 4:47 PM

Clemson 28-10

35-14 Clemson***

Sep 11, 2017, 4:49 PM

Liability Cola by CU_Tigers_time is now trending on Tnet.

Sep 11, 2017, 4:51 PM

Clemson 35
Janet Jackson 17

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My prediction is based on turnovers

Sep 11, 2017, 5:03 PM

< 2 turnovers: 28-14

> 3 turnovers: who knows

STOP TURNING THE BALL OVER

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: My prediction is based on turnovers

Sep 11, 2017, 5:04 PM

What if it's only 2 turnovers?

21-14***

Sep 11, 2017, 5:05 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't think turnovers affects this team at all

Sep 12, 2017, 9:43 AM [ in reply to My prediction is based on turnovers ]

We seem to play better when we turn it over. It defies all of the conventional wisdom of football, but it's worked for us the past two seasons.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 11, 2017, 5:48 PM

Louisville's opponents defensive rankings are not predictive at this point. They got Jackson-ed and that skews the stats. Our pass defense looks good but still we played one team that did not pass and we won't know for a another game or two just how big a deal it was to stop AU.

I think we'll win but that feeling is not "call the bookie" strong.

Quoz warned us the offense would look "clunky" in the beginning. He was shouted down. What he should have said is that it would look clunky early against a quality opponent. Some of that was normal but some was play calling. If we play not-to-lose ball this week against a quick-strike guy, it could be a long day.

We're better everywhere but one position- that should equal a win but we'll just have to see. If we do win this one, I think we'll run the table.

Prediction- No clue.

Sep 11, 2017, 6:14 PM

Who the heck is #1 in scoring defense? We've given up a total of 9 points in two games. Who beat that?

Sep 11, 2017, 6:17 PM

Air Force is #1 in scoring defense (but they've only played one game).

#2 Colorado
#3 Vanderbilt
#4 TCU
#5 Clemson

http://www.espn.com/college-football/statistics/team/_/stat/total/position/defense/sort/totalPointsPerGame

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

Keep up, it's that time of the year.

Sep 11, 2017, 6:17 PM

Dabo doesn't blow people out this time of the year. The Kent game wasn't under Dabo's control. He played 91 and they still trounced KS. You can't tell the players to not give their best.

UL=x, Clemson=x+5

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Keep up, it's that time of the year.

Sep 11, 2017, 6:23 PM

Clemson 34
LJackson 27

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 11, 2017, 6:25 PM

Cards 24
Clemson 17

Let me feel your rage.

Sep 11, 2017, 6:30 PM

No rage, it's expected. Y'all have been predicting Louisville wins the last 3 years. So, y'all being unrealistic is not a surprise.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 11, 2017, 6:31 PM

Y'all've been scraping by the soles of your feet the last three years, y'all ain't getting the W on Saturday.

Sep 11, 2017, 6:50 PM

If that's the case I'll take scraping by all day long! How does it feel to not scrap by and win all those championships? Oh wait........if we are scraping by , what exactly is UL football doing?

Looking forward to scraping by Sat night.

Go Tigers!

Sep 11, 2017, 6:57 PM [ in reply to Re: Louisville Prediction ]

SCraping by the soles of our feet all the way to a national championship, so I'm fine with it.

Sep 11, 2017, 9:43 PM

I think SCraping is a freshman course at Sakerlina if I'm not mistaken.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO TIGERS

Sure you ain't a coot?

Sep 11, 2017, 7:06 PM [ in reply to Re: Louisville Prediction ]

Cuz that's coot logic 101.
GO TIGERS!!!

Sep 11, 2017, 7:08 PM [ in reply to Re: Louisville Prediction ]

Your team is the worse than last year and our team is arguably the same (a little less experience on offense, still breaking some players in, but better on defense). I think we still scrape by by the soles of our shoes this year as well. Can't wait.

null

Sep 12, 2017, 6:49 AM

> Your team is the worse than last year and our team is
> arguably the same (a little less experience on
> offense, still breaking some players in, but better
> on defense). I think we still scrape by by the soles
> of our shoes this year as well. Can't wait.

How do you figure we are worse? You obviously don't know a thing about the team you are about to play, but I have seen that a lot on here this week.

Sep 11, 2017, 9:38 PM [ in reply to Re: Louisville Prediction ]

Your freshmen center might want to call in sick for this game. 2 All American DT's are wanting to meet him and I hear its not going to be pretty

Sep 11, 2017, 9:43 PM [ in reply to Re: Louisville Prediction ]

You only have to be one point better, which we will be. There is a reason you're ranked lower than. Us. Giving up 63 points to scrub teams like UNC and Purdue is not impressive.

Sep 11, 2017, 9:50 PM [ in reply to Re: Louisville Prediction ]

Yes we will ...and it won't be like losing to Kentucky ...it'll be losing to the Champs.

Take solace.

DB23

Sep 11, 2017, 10:43 PM [ in reply to Re: Louisville Prediction ]

That's a bold prediction Cardinalfan123. I respect the confidence. However it doesn't matter if it's a 1 point win or a 100 point win.... it's still a win. Actually it's been a win for us every time we have met. I think it will be another win for us Saturday. I seem to hear this every year and it has yet to come true but hey who knows. That's just my opinion though and opinions are like A holes... everyone has one. That being said, whichever way the cards fall Saturday I hope you come back and talk to us again. I seem to remember a similar attitude from an auburn fan last week. We all know how that one went. He did post again after the game though so hats off to him. That is all, Go Tigers!

Sep 12, 2017, 9:46 AM [ in reply to Re: Louisville Prediction ]

I'll take it but that is tall talk for someone who scraped by Purdue and UNC this year, Scraped by Duke, Wake, and some other garbage teams last year.

We kept you in last years game with turnovers. Very...

Sep 12, 2017, 9:47 PM [ in reply to Re: Louisville Prediction ]

easily could have been a blowout.

Sep 11, 2017, 8:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Louisville Prediction ]

It's unrealistic to expect to win at home with Lamar Jackson at quarterback? That's silly.

Commuter College Campus Pizza Stadium

Sep 23, 2021, 9:51 PM

has a home field advantage?

Re: Commuter College Campus Pizza Stadium

Sep 11, 2017, 9:52 PM

They smear EVOO all o'er the footballs .

Plus , everything smells like a dumpster two days after a pizza party .

DB23

Sep 11, 2017, 6:57 PM

Tigers 45 loserville 21

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Sep 11, 2017, 7:00 PM

We won't stop Lamar, they will still get points from broken plays and chunk yardage, but I saw someone on twitter claiming their offensive line and offensive weapons are even better this year than last? **Fart noise**

Houston, LSU, and Kentucky have less talent on defense and found a way to exploit that offense, and I expect more of the same from Venables this weekend. I think they still score at least in the mid 20s, but their defense couldn't fight their way out of a wet paper bag, and they will get gashed.

Sep 11, 2017, 7:03 PM
CLEMSON D.jpg(110.3 K)

Clemson 35 -- Louisville 9 ___________________ Tiger"D" still not giving up touchdowns !!!!

Sep 11, 2017, 7:04 PM

I predict that by mid 2nd quarter Lamar Jackson and Bobby Patrino will be crying to the Ref again about being stopped by our Tiger Defense! Complete with LJ swearing he is being choked out by Brent Venables himself!

27 GO TIGERS!!!
17 Whiny losers of Loserville

AF is #1 in total D. They played 1 game against a D-II team***

Sep 11, 2017, 7:05 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 11, 2017, 7:10 PM

Cards 38
Clemson 34

Hoping for a great game. Just watched last year's game again on YouTube. Great atmosphere, game and classic duel between two great QB's. Probably best prime time game on ABC last season.

Sep 11, 2017, 9:41 PM

Tigers-34. Red birds- 28

Sep 11, 2017, 9:53 PM

I won't predict a specific score, superstitious. However, the ACC Honeymoon is over, Louisville wins this one. Either way history would suggest a close entertaining game. Saturday night game on ABC with College Game day and perfect weather. Our tailgate group has visited your place the last two trips down and had a good time despite the losses. If you are able to come up be sure to take in some of the other offerings in Louisville and surrounding areas. Go Cards!!!

Sep 11, 2017, 9:57 PM

Not sure about the weather . Irma remnants and such ??

DB23

Sep 11, 2017, 10:20 PM

Remnants of the storm are supposed to hang around KY through the week. Saturday is forecasted to be Sunny with highs low 80's.

Sep 12, 2017, 9:58 AM [ in reply to Re: Louisville Prediction ]

LOL ACC honeymoon. Just like those ####### auburn fans, y'all too will not be back after this Saturday's loss to Clemson.

Sep 11, 2017, 9:48 PM

They intercepted DW4 3 times last year in Death Valley ( though RR34's at fault for the one to start 2nd half ) .
They also get Jaire Alexander back , he had 2 of the interceptions last year in DV and he is a bigtime DB .

We still win though , our defense is stout

DB23

Sep 11, 2017, 10:21 PM

Word is (unofficial) that Jaire will not play.

Sep 11, 2017, 9:49 PM

13-31 Clemson... We give up our first TD of the season from a busted play but thats about all they will get... Offense will ROLL...I think we score a speical teams TD... Lamar will be like a deer in headlights similar to the 1st half last year except we do it for a full 4 qtrs. Ray Ray or Powell will take one to the house. Feaster makes a name for himself!

Sep 11, 2017, 9:53 PM

45 24 Clemson I'm being graceful with that 24. No run game with running backs and a freshman center for loserville. Shall I say a 12+ sack night lol auburn

Sep 11, 2017, 9:57 PM

I won't predict a specific score, superstitious. However, the ACC Honeymoon is over, Louisville wins this one. Either way history would suggest a close entertaining game. Saturday night game on ABC with College Game day and perfect weather. Our tailgate group has visited your place the last two trips down and had a good time despite the losses. If you are able to come up be sure to take in some of the other offerings in Louisville and surrounding areas. Go Cards!!!

Clemson wins ... but by no more than 4

Sep 11, 2017, 10:27 PM

LJ gets +300 total yds.

Several lead changes.

+60 total pts

CU 31 Luavul 13....***

Sep 12, 2017, 3:04 AM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Louisville 43 Clemson 17

Sep 12, 2017, 4:35 AM

We had 3 RB's average 6 yards a carry last season against Clemson.....each. Jackson gained 160 and the others gained another 120. That's nearly 300 yards of rushing offense.

Clemson fans are rightly proud of an excellent defense, but they are bringing a freshman QB in his first away game to the Oven for a night game in front of 60,000 fairly lubricated, very passionate Louisville fans, lol, and presenting themselves to a defense which is currently #2 in the country against the run and who has been integrating a number of freshmen into the rotation. Louisville has been in the top 20 or - last season - top 10 defense for the last 3 years.

I love the cockiness of this board. Personally, I think we are the fist of reality for your bunch. I think we pull away early and your OC loses it, trying to find ways to get Watson eligible again.

Should be fun.

Re: Louisville 43 Clemson 17

Sep 12, 2017, 5:32 AM

You are about stupid if you think Louisville blows CLEMSON out.
If your Cards can play some D which they haven't vs 2 weak teams so far.
It may be close something like 24-17 CLEMSON but I can see the Tigers winning 38-17.
We haven't been a rushing team in the last 4 or 5 years.
But we still have stud WRs and a QB that can get them the ball.
As far as the Tiger D it's the best we have had in a long time and that's saying something.
NO WAY Louisville can beat CLEMSON this season.
We have way too much talent, the gap between the teams is too wide.

a freshman QB ??

Sep 12, 2017, 7:04 AM [ in reply to Louisville 43 Clemson 17 ]

You started lubricating early oh misinformed one

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 12, 2017, 9:25 AM [ in reply to Louisville 43 Clemson 17 ]

Our QB isnt a Freshman...

Congrats on being a moron.

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Sep 12, 2017, 9:35 AM [ in reply to Louisville 43 Clemson 17 ]

Kb2 isn't a freshman

Sep 12, 2017, 9:37 AM [ in reply to Louisville 43 Clemson 17 ]

OH gawd! Your lack of knowledge is astounding.... IF you're going to a rival site come knowing that we have a Junior leading the offense at QB. We have a Redshirt Freshman (sophmore) and the top ranked QB from last years recruiting cycle at 3rd... etc. etc.

DO YOUR RESEARCH!!!

Your game is one sided. Janet Jackson is going down... in this soon to be close game. I predict a close fun one, but the out come will be the same.

Then your Coach will go molest some volleyball players so he can feel better....

Sep 12, 2017, 10:42 AM [ in reply to Louisville 43 Clemson 17 ]

Kelly Bryant isn't a freshman, so I guess it shows how much you actually know about your opponent.

60,000 fans.... yawn.

Your whole team is Lamar Jackson, if you win by 4 TDs like you think, I'll just leave Tigernet forever because I know nothing.

Fear the OVEN......that's cute.***

Sep 12, 2017, 10:49 AM [ in reply to Louisville 43 Clemson 17 ]

Sep 12, 2017, 5:23 AM

Interesting that some on here are predicting scores that indicate no FG's for UL. I expect our D to prevent most of their TD attempts.

CLEMSON 34
Loserville 13

Sep 12, 2017, 8:37 AM

These games always come down to the wire...

31-30 Tigers...
After going down 30-28 with 2:15 remaining... KB does an awesome 2:00 drill to get us to the 22 yard line...
Huegal comes through as the clock runs out

Sep 12, 2017, 8:45 AM

27-10 tigers defense rolls again.

Sep 12, 2017, 11:32 AM

Clemson 38

Prostitutes 20

Like Auburn, Louisville has a weakness on the OL

Sep 12, 2017, 6:19 PM

Unlike Auburn, Louisville has a proven QB.. and an elite one at that. I think Clemson will get another pretty large number of sacks (probably 5 or 6 along with a good number of hurries). Louisville however lacks the defense that Auburn has.

Clemson 30 Louisville 17

We might have just played the toughest challenge this year.

Sep 12, 2017, 9:42 PM

Clemson 45
Louisville 19

Replies: 65
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic