Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Looking back at last season, how many games did we win
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 2,117

Looking back at last season, how many games did we win

May 4, 2017, 5:10 PM

directly as the result of critical plays by Deshaun Watson? We won seven games by a TD or less last year, and DW was instrumental in each of those, making critical plays at critical times in most. Now, take DW out of the equation, and replace him with some variation of Bryant/Cooper/Israel/Johnson . . . how many of those games do we win?

I think our defense will be dominant once again, and I expect our offense to be very deep and talented again as well, but we will be minus perhaps the greatest player ever to wear a Clemson uniform. While we are probably in better shape at QB overall than 95% of all teams in college football, I can't help but think we will miss the greatness that was Deshaun Watson, and I think the difference he made will be obvious in some of those close games.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Roger that. Wilkin, Dex, Ferrell, Cain & more have skills

May 4, 2017, 6:20 PM

But cannot replace best Tiger ever at most important position. Deshaun was something else and will eventually thrive in Houston. As for Defense, what will Tre Lamar and new DB/S starters bring to table? This will be a key. Hoping for the best but expecting 2-3 losses in 2017 unless QB position overperforms my expectations.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We may lose up to 3 games but maybe not..

May 4, 2017, 6:45 PM

Since we have 2 of most difficult games at DV (Auburn & FSU) and a real tough one at UL and one at VT.

I'm thinking 1-2 losses at most but those average teams (like Pitt) sneak up on you.

What thinks You?

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

2 losses max***

May 4, 2017, 6:48 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's about what I'm thinking. As SocMan2 says above, could

May 5, 2017, 12:06 AM [ in reply to We may lose up to 3 games but maybe not.. ]

be better if QB play is better than expected.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

As long as we can find a Rodney Williams type QB that

May 5, 2017, 12:32 AM

just runs the right plays, doesn't make a lot of mistakes, and is a good leader we should be o.k. with all the talent we have. Alabama's been to a lot of championship games with great defenses, decent offenses, and above average QBs.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Looking back at last season, how many games did we win

May 5, 2017, 6:01 AM

Don't discount what we need to replace at TE and WR. Besides Renfrow who do we have that can be counted on to show up every game? Even with QB play that exceeds expectations, they need to be on the same page with the receivers and no mental errors from those guys running their routes and catching the ball. I predict that aspect of the offense is what could hurt us the most this year.

Agree - MW will be missed as well.***

May 5, 2017, 11:17 AM

- H. L. Mencken

Re: Looking back at last season, how many games did we win

May 5, 2017, 11:23 AM [ in reply to Re: Looking back at last season, how many games did we win ]

Renfrow is good don't get me wrong. But don't try to act like he's the only option at WR. Like we don't have 5 star WRs waiting and ready to show the world.

If you are going to look at it in that aspect. ..

May 5, 2017, 11:19 AM

Complete it. How many games stayed closer because of teams capitalizing on Watson's interceptions that the next QB might not have had? Did we lose any games due to high interceptions that were capitalized on? Just a food for thought when looking at that.

Wha wha wha Wait....ESPN Says Watson is an INT Liability

May 5, 2017, 11:36 AM

Which is it?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

we had to have miracle finishes last season because

May 5, 2017, 11:49 AM

we killed ourselves with 28 turnovers. the only reason half the teams were in the game was because of turnovers (and going 15 for 25 on 4th down). if you limit that total to half, the games aren't close.

if we cut our turnovers in half this year, this team loses 1 game max.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Replies: 11
| visibility 2,117
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic