Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Clemson ranked No. 2 in latest Coaches Poll
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

TNET: Clemson ranked No. 2 in latest Coaches Poll

Oct 13, 2019, 12:55 PM

Clemson ranked No. 2 in latest Coaches Poll

Alabama and Clemson stayed atop the Coaches Poll in a weekend with two top-10 teams going down. Previous-No. 3 Georgia dropped after a shocking overtime loss to Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL at Florida only dropping 2 spots.

Oct 13, 2019, 1:49 PM

Any other top 10
team, in any other conference, would’ve dropped more than 2 spots for losing by TWO TOUCHDOWNS. Ridiculous.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: LOL at Florida only dropping 2 spots.

Oct 13, 2019, 8:20 PM

It’s the sec so what can we say smh? WF has one loss by 3 points. If they were in the SEC they’d be in the top 15 at least if not the top 10. Clemson drops a spot in the AP polls after dominating every aspect of the game in a 31 point win. If that was bama or LSU or any team from the sec they wouldn’t be jumped even if the team ranked 4 spots under them had a top ten win

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: LOL at Florida only dropping 2 spots.

Oct 13, 2019, 8:24 PM [ in reply to LOL at Florida only dropping 2 spots. ]

This SEC narrative is insane and it will end up killing college football. I am sure there are a lot of fans that feel like there 0 loss team will not get a playoff spot against a 1 loss SEC non conference Champ.

I liked the idea of the eye test and the four team playoff felt right but at this point I think they should change the format where the 5 P5 conference Champions get in and the highest ranked Group of 5 team. The power over college football will not do this because then the keeping all SEC teams in the top 15 method while only dropping 2 spots for a loss would take the control out of the media's hands.

I am fine with us not being number 1 (as is Dabo) but up on FSU 42-0 a few minutes into the third quarter is no reason to drop us.

We have to win every game and the championship and then ##### slap LSU/Alabama in the playoffs.

Also, the one I don't get is UGA being number 10. They just lost at home to a then 2 win Coot Team and were outplayed and down to their third string QB. How do they deserve to be in the top 10?

Dean

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson and Oklahoma

Oct 13, 2019, 8:24 PM

Those are the only 2 teams I see finishing regular season and conference championship with zero losses. They will be easily favored in 100% of their remaining games. Alabama will also be favored in all of their remaining games, but still face LSU, Auburn and whoever wins the East (Florida or UGA). I don't know if they can run the table with that defense. Ohio State has to go through Wisconsin, Penn State, Michigan and probably Wisconsin again. And OSU seems to always be good for 1 game of soiling the bed per year.

I think Notre Dame and either Oregon or Utah State have a very respectable chance of getting into the CFP if they run the table.

If I were playing a parlay right now, I think Clemson, Oklahoma, Bama and either Oregon or ND would be a compelling bet, with teams like Auburn and UGA having 2 losses and out of the discussion. The wild card here is LSU. Could they get in at 11-1, missing the SEC Championship game over a ND team that doesn't play in a championship and would also be 11-1? My guess is yes... and as much as I'd hate to see 2 SEC teams in the CFP, I'd LOVE to shove it up ND's irish keister for still not joining the ACC in football.

Regardless... I started this rambling post to say that the SEC is going to self-destruct, as it does every year. I think Clemson and OU are locks for the CFP. And if the Pac 12 and Big 10 can come away with a 0-loss or 1-loss champion, it'll spell trouble for the SEC.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic