Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Letter: Visitor from Louisville thanks Tiger fans
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 4,659

Letter: Visitor from Louisville thanks Tiger fans

Nov 3, 2014, 9:18 PM

http://www.greenvilleonline.com/story/opinion/readers/2014/11/03/letter-visitor-louisville-thanks-tiger-fans/18427367/

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Letter: Visitor from Louisville thanks Tiger fans

Nov 3, 2014, 9:54 PM

+1Great post, and how accurate the UL fan is. There really is something very special in these hills, and it can't be hidden. Simply put, Clemson is just about as good as it gets in this life!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 3, 2014, 9:59 PM

I love to win games, but this type of experience by visiting fans is a close second....

So true Jaybird.***

Nov 3, 2014, 11:45 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 4, 2014, 7:54 AM [ in reply to Re: Letter: Visitor from Louisville thanks Tiger fans ]

Yep! What he said.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well said my friend, well said, but of course I've known it.

Nov 4, 2014, 10:34 PM [ in reply to Re: Letter: Visitor from Louisville thanks Tiger fans ]

for all my life.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 3, 2014, 10:04 PM

I like to go to fan message boards of opposing teams AFTER they visit Clemson. I do this to see how they enjoyed their visit. This Louisville letter reflects the feelings of most everyone posting who has visited Death Valley the last several years not named Syracuse.

Visiting their message board, I have never seen so much bitching and moaning from one fan base. All of it pointed to the booing of their injured players. While faking injuries to slow down play is BS, so is booing of injured players perceived to be doing just that. There is just no way for fans to know whether players are faking or not, and we certainly should refrain from doing so.

On the other hand, to a Syracuse poster, I didn't read one that said they enjoyed the game day experience or anything else Clemson...all because of some booing that likely cumulatively took perhaps three or four minutes out of 5-7 hours of the tailgate/game day experience.

There is no doubt in my mind that, given the reviews most every other opposing fan base gives Clemson, that Syracuse fans were treated with the same hospitality disclosed in this letter. I didn't read one comment about it.

Perhaps I didn't see everything posted over there. I did see not only non-stop complaints about the booing, but many who commented chose to write disparaging remarks about Clemson as well.

I went to the Gator Bowl in 1995. Our group tried to strike up a conversation with some Syracuse fans both before and after the game. In both cases, we were basically told to "go pound sand." One of my Clemson roommates visited Syracuse last year for the game and got the same treatment. I did not allow these "isolated" incidents to reflect (in my mind) negatively on their fan base as a whole. In that they have been a 100% negative experience for me, I see the need to change my thinking.

Together with these experiences, their message board has left me with a really bad "taste in my mouth" for anything Syracuse. I hope their fan base chooses in the future to either represent themselves as gracious guests or stay home.

'Nough said...

They're New Yakkas... It's a given.***

Nov 4, 2014, 12:32 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 5, 2014, 10:27 AM [ in reply to Re: Letter: Visitor from Louisville thanks Tiger fans ]

Here..I'll give you one good Cuse fan's thoughts:
http://syracusefan.com/threads/late-clemson-thoughts.82109/

Nov 5, 2014, 11:14 AM [ in reply to Re: Letter: Visitor from Louisville thanks Tiger fans ]

tigerstalk: I'm very familiar with so called SU fans. They're crude, rude and football dumb! not all of them mind you, but far too many. They are classless, arrogant snobs. Amen

Nov 3, 2014, 10:58 PM

Oh God how proud that makes feel to be a Life long Tiger fan. I could barely read that to my wife from choking up in pure pride!!! Thanks!!!
You should send that to the State in cootlumbia.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I am a soon to be 28 year old Tiger fan

Nov 3, 2014, 11:13 PM

who has been going to games since the week they let me out of the hospital (my grandparents took me at under a week old) and I have never been to an away game. My new wife and I are talking about making our first away game Louisville next year. I can't wait.

Nov 4, 2014, 9:55 PM

I found them to be universally nice and easy to talk to as well. And they actually care about football. I think great addition to the ACC...until basketball season.

Nov 5, 2014, 10:12 AM

Maybe we should share this with Syracuse fans... just to pi$$ them off.

Dear cuse fans -

We like Louisville fans better than you.

Sincerely,

Clemson Fans

Nov 5, 2014, 4:02 PM

It makes a huge difference in a persons character when they show as much respect to a total stranger, as they do for close friends. Personally I believe that is a good practice in life b/c we never know when, where or if we will ever meet that person again, or what the circumstances may be in a renewed meeting. I would rather feel if that ever was to happen with me, (and it has a few times in my life) that the stranger could say to their self, I've met this guy once before, and he was pretty respectful to me.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That guy sounds like a real loser.***

Nov 5, 2014, 10:17 AM

And let's hope we don't see the day that we

Nov 5, 2014, 10:25 AM

welcome folks to "Papa John's" or whatever other company name Death Valley.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very, very proud***

Nov 5, 2014, 4:08 PM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Replies: 17
| visibility 4,659
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic