Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Let's be honest.. OSU offense
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 77
| visibility 1

Let's be honest.. OSU offense

Dec 16, 2019, 4:36 PM

Justin Fields does not have elite arm strength or passing ability. When his first option isn't there he has a tendency to panic which is a big reason why he's been sacked a ton. On paper is stats are absurd but watching him there's a lot of times a good DB makes an easy pick. He's not a QB you have a ton of worry about "threading the needle" but his running ability is fantastic. Their offense is simple for him and they do a phenomenal job of making him get the ball out of his hands and into a play makers hands, he has made outstanding passes this year but he's very inconsistent with placing the ball and you see receivers slowing, stopping, or turning to catch a pass but they're extremely efficient and it never really has turned into a bad moment this season for them.

Dobbins is a big boy, rumbles hard and puts a pop into defenders but isn't a "home run" threat every time he touches the ball like a Saquan Barkley, Johnathon Taylor, Travis Etienne is as he runs out of gas pretty quickly and doesn't have that elite burner speed of some backs. With that being said he will constantly find a hole if it's there and chip away 5-6 yards occasionally a 15-20 yarder and before you know it they're on the goal line where Fields thrives, short yard throws.

This game is going to be decided by how the Clemson DB's do in keeping these ultra athletic receivers in front of them and contain Dobbins on early downs, Ohio State hasn't had a lot of interceptions but they've started putting the ball on the ground a lot as of late, same with their defense starting to get moved on a bit, they gave up 5 sacks in both games vs Wisconsin, 3 vs MSU, 3 vs Penn state. They play simple football and they're just flat out better across the board and it shows. Luckily Clemson feasts on "simple" offenses usually, this is going to be a super fun match up and I fully believe the winner of this game wins the national championship.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Let's be honest.. OSU offense

Dec 16, 2019, 4:49 PM

Best thing that happen to Clemson was playing Virginia in the ACC Championship. Similar style quarterback and we didn't even use # 11 that much as a spy. Feeling better and better as the time gets closer about our chances. OSU players have heard all year long from the talking heads about how we haven't played anybody, but when our dudes step on that fields they gonna see that little narrative was over hyped and start doubting their ability to play with the team that plays nobody!!

He's not turning the ball over and he's going to scramble

Dec 16, 2019, 4:51 PM

for a 1st down on some of those frustrating plays where you yell come on guys wrap up!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He's not turning the ball over and he's going to scramble

Dec 16, 2019, 8:20 PM

Not turning the balls over? No not with INTs but he’s putting the ball on the ground almost every game.

Re: He's not turning the ball over and he's going to scramble

Dec 17, 2019, 7:25 AM

He only has 5 fumbles all year. That’s not a lot at all for a running qb who handles the ball as much as he does.

He has 9 fumbles

Dec 17, 2019, 9:57 AM

5 lost

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

No. Let's cut to the chase.

Dec 16, 2019, 4:52 PM

Bottom line is, Ohio State is the biggest, fastest, toughest, most talented, most balanced offense and defense we will have played all year. I just dont think it's a wise idea to think we're going do to them what we've done to everyone else. They are a completely different animal than anyone we've played. I have faith in our coaches to create a gameplan and have the kids ready to play, but in reality nobody we've seen this year prepares us for them. I just I wish we stop trying to undermine them. They are very good.

Re: No. Let's cut to the chase.

Dec 16, 2019, 5:48 PM

Kinda like Clemson is to them, huh.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, but overall they've played better teams than

Dec 16, 2019, 8:09 PM

we have. They have been more tested.

Re: Yeah, but overall they've played better teams than

Dec 16, 2019, 8:19 PM

Last year that was a negative thing they said, now it’s a positive? Yeah they’re the best team we’ve played but that doesn’t mean Fields has a cannon arm and Dobbins has elite breakaway speed.

I dont recall the schedule being as much of a discussion

Dec 16, 2019, 8:51 PM

point last year, was it?

Re: I dont recall the schedule being as much of a discussion

Dec 16, 2019, 8:53 PM

It has been a topic, literally every year for the past five years.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I disagree. we currently have one team ranked.

Dec 16, 2019, 9:05 PM

What other year in the last 5 were like that?

Re: I disagree. we currently have one team ranked.

Dec 16, 2019, 9:23 PM

All of them. The legitimacy of the ACC is a topic we contend with every time rankigs have been discussed in the media.

Dec 16, 2019, 11:21 PM

No we definitely got credit for our schedule in at last 3 of the years since 2015. 2015 we played i believe 4 top 25 teams before we even got to the playoffs: ND, FSU, UNC and Miami. 2016 we beat a Lamar Jackson led Louisville team that was #3, top 15 FSU on the road and a top 25 VT in the ACCCG. 2017 we beat Auburn, Louisville and VT in 3 straight weeks.

Dec 16, 2019, 11:50 PM

Yet still our leagues’ strength was questioned among pundits during the season. Yes, we played the schedules. It wasn’t until the end of the seasons that true metrics prevailed. It has been discussed every year was the point.

you're wrong, and now you're fibbing. shame, shame.

Dec 17, 2019, 7:09 AM

Our schedule has NOT been questioned "every year for the last 5 years". You made that up and cant admit it. That's a shame.

I really thought you were better than this, but between you lying about being judge keller, you lying about TDing my posts (like a 12 yr old), and now you being dishonest about this schedule bologna, you have shown who you are.

Dec 17, 2019, 11:58 AM [ in reply to Re: I disagree. we currently have one team ranked. ]

No it hasn't been. Not sure what you've been watching. During the Regular season and ACC Championship game Clemson has played:

2018 - Played 2 top 25 Our SOS was 19th.
2017 - Played FIVE top 25 Our SOS was top 10. SOR was #6
2016 - Played 3 top 25 including 2 top 15 Our SOS was #4
2015 - Played 3 top 25 including 2 top 10 Our SOS was 10th
2014 - Played 3 top 25 including #1.

Dec 16, 2019, 8:24 PM [ in reply to Yeah, but overall they've played better teams than ]

We... Sure.

so because I say ohio state is the best team we've played

Dec 16, 2019, 8:29 PM

that makes me, what, a gamecock in your eyes?

Why are you so bent out of shape because SOMEONE ELSE said you were judge keller?? Please be a little more emotionally mature, and please stop with the TDs already. I'll ask again - can we please be grownups here?

Re: so because I say ohio state is the best team we've played

Dec 16, 2019, 8:32 PM

Lol, there is no point with td’s, you’ll be some other username as soon as this one is banned CourageousTiger.

being mature is too much to ask?

Dec 16, 2019, 8:40 PM

And yes, you are definitely TDing me. You can hide behind the judge thing if you want, it means nothing to me, but at least be a good Clemson person and not lie about the TDs. Its definitely you. And why in the world would I be banned??

Re: being mature is too much to ask?

Dec 16, 2019, 8:51 PM

Whatever you say CourageousTiger. Let’s see how long this user lasts...

Dec 16, 2019, 8:35 PM [ in reply to Yeah, but overall they've played better teams than ]

Couldn't you have said the same thing about ND and Bama last year ??

yeah maybe so, but it doesn't change the point.***

Dec 16, 2019, 8:43 PM

Re: yeah maybe so, but it doesn't change the point.***

Dec 16, 2019, 8:50 PM

I didn't undermine them nor pretend we're going to roll over them. Even said the winner wins it all meaning I think these are the 2 best teams in CFB.

okay. my bad. I misread it apparently.***

Dec 16, 2019, 8:52 PM

Dec 17, 2019, 10:02 AM [ in reply to Yeah, but overall they've played better teams than ]

Have you watched any of the Big 10 defenses?

Those are some of the slowest LBs and DBs that I have ever seen.

It doesn't exactly prepare them to play us just because they had some ranked teams on their schedule.

Football is about matchups and not transitive property.

Dec 16, 2019, 7:04 PM [ in reply to No. Let's cut to the chase. ]

You wanna bet......Clemson is better from top to bottom and will beat the snot out of them again......remember Tua and Bama last season also had that false sense of security because of all that BS the sports media had been feeding them all year....and like Dabo said his team is even better than the one last year......Go Tigers!!!!

Dec 16, 2019, 7:09 PM [ in reply to No. Let's cut to the chase. ]

They’re definitely a good team, but their speed is not much different from wake Forest and they’re not as fast as FSU. DONT let the talking heads convince you of them being elite because they’re not. Clemson’s defense will pin their offense down and confuse Fields. Tigers going away...45-17

they may not have as much team speed as FSU, but Wake Forest????

Dec 16, 2019, 8:05 PM

You really think those elite athletes they sign every year, and a bunch end up in the NFL, are no faster as a team than Wake Forest?? Come on man. It's not like this every year, but this year we havent played anyone nearly as good as Ohio State. I'm definitely not saying we can't or won't beat them, but geez, to assume it's going to be like Wake Forest??

Re: they may not have as much team speed as FSU, but Wake Forest????

Dec 16, 2019, 8:38 PM

They’re no faster team-wise than Wake. They are definitely more athletic than any other team in the B1G, but will not be able to hang with Clemson. You’ll watch it unfold in less than two weeks. This is basically last year’s Clemson vs Notre Dame game, but with an athletic QB. The game won’t be close.

Dec 17, 2019, 7:35 AM

I disagree. This is the best OSU team we have ever faced.

They are fast and powerful across the board. We competed with them to sign many of their players, they have had better recruiting results on average than us for the past several years. We have been lucky enough to hit on the most important positions- QB, DL, CB.

My biggest concern is that they may be able to control the line of scrimmage- a fear I did not have last time we played them. If we cannot run on them and cannot stop their running game we will be in trouble.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 17, 2019, 8:21 AM

You won’t disagree after the game. Many on here were saying the same things leading up to the last time we played. I was saying Tigers by 20+ For the weeks leading up to the game, and some on here were still saying “this game is far from over” at halftime. December 28 Clemson will roll 45-17

Dec 16, 2019, 8:40 PM [ in reply to they may not have as much team speed as FSU, but Wake Forest???? ]

1. Last year was just like this year. We won by 30 points per game. ND and the all-time great Bama were far better than anyone we played. That turned out OK.

2. Some of OSU's players are very fast, but their lines and their linebackers are not. That is where we will exploit their Big 10 slowness. The big 10 wants to play in a 30 x 30 box, but we are going to make them play 50 x 50 and that is where we will win the game.

Sounds good to me. I just dont think it's going to

Dec 16, 2019, 8:49 PM

be a cakewalk like many on here suggest. I cant imagine we'll win by the margins we did against ND and Bama, but I'll gladly eat crow should that happen.

Dec 17, 2019, 1:06 PM [ in reply to Re: they may not have as much team speed as FSU, but Wake Forest???? ]

Is Chase Young fast? Asking for a friend.

they may not have as much team speed as FSU, but Wake Forest????

Dec 16, 2019, 8:05 PM [ in reply to Re: No. Let's cut to the chase. ]

You really think those elite athletes they sign every year, and a bunch end up in the NFL, are no faster as a team than Wake Forest?? Come on man. It's not like this every year, but this year we havent played anyone nearly as good as Ohio State. I'm definitely not saying we can't or won't beat them, but geez, to assume it's going to be like Wake Forest??

We are going to beat the brakes off of Ohio St.!!!

Dec 16, 2019, 7:37 PM [ in reply to No. Let's cut to the chase. ]

You are just regurgitating what the media is telling you. How long you been behind Clemson? Cuz you don't talk like you know OUR Clemson Tigers like someone who didn't just sign up. Matter of fact you sound like a fella who disappeared back in October. something Dad....hmmm

Re: We are going to beat the brakes off of Ohio St.!!!

Dec 16, 2019, 8:02 PM

CourageousTiger is the last user I remember. Unbearably obvious.

no sir, I'm not regurgitating anything. I've watched

Dec 16, 2019, 8:36 PM [ in reply to We are going to beat the brakes off of Ohio St.!!! ]

OSU play several times this year, and they're much better than anyone we've played. Do you disagree? Saying that doesn't belittle us in any way.

Re: no sir, I'm not regurgitating anything. I've watched

Dec 16, 2019, 8:43 PM

I don't disagree but these things have been said before - in 2016 and 2018 and our championship mode has prevailed despite all of the reasons for it not to.

I won't be surprised if it is close - say 10 points, but I also won't be shocked if we start a landslide and win by 20+.

fair enough.***

Dec 16, 2019, 8:54 PM

Dec 16, 2019, 7:46 PM [ in reply to No. Let's cut to the chase. ]

There was a gentleman who came by our business last Thursday who is on one of the committees of the S.C. Hall of fame. Name is Travis Olmert. He is also an attorney. Anyway he talked to several of us there that are also Tiger fans.
He said he goes to most of the practices. We ask if he thought we were going to be able to beat the bucknuts. His reply was rather shocking. According to him, Dabo & company haven’t even used much of the playbook. He said that they practice a lot of it, but haven’t had to use it. According to him, Ohio State absolutely has no idea what’s about to run them over. He also said LSU will be even easier than the bucknuts.
For what it’s worth, he convinced us.
Go Tigers!!!

Dec 16, 2019, 8:12 PM

Could have used a few of those plays against N.C.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

well that sounds cool. I'm sure they'll have some new

Dec 16, 2019, 8:32 PM [ in reply to Re: No. Let's cut to the chase. ]

stuff for us too.

Dec 16, 2019, 8:44 PM [ in reply to Re: No. Let's cut to the chase. ]

Obviously a very smart man !!

Dec 16, 2019, 8:34 PM [ in reply to No. Let's cut to the chase. ]

I don't disagree, but couldn't you have said the same thing in 2016 ?

That being said, don't underestimate Fields - he is the real deal. However, he is young and BV is going to confuse the bucknuts out of him. If we contain their run game (Fields and Dobbins) we will have our way with them.

Dec 16, 2019, 9:01 PM [ in reply to No. Let's cut to the chase. ]

So was Alabama , they were favored and it was assumed necause they'd ran the " SEC gauntlet " that when we got on the field with them they would maul us .
The opposite happened . Our team has been here , so all the regular season hype means squat and the " they don't play anybody " noise just slides to the background .
I believe in what Dabo and Clemson have done , and nothing about OSU makes me think we'll be overmatched or caught off our game . Clemson era .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

G D'it, you've been told! Been told...

Dec 17, 2019, 4:47 AM [ in reply to No. Let's cut to the chase. ]

you must wear your orange colored glasses at all times; while you remain logged into the Tigernet site! Final warning-

Re: Let's be honest.. OSU offense - wouldn't surpirise me to

Dec 16, 2019, 6:20 PM

see a little more complexity down the stretch. They haven't had to open the playbook. Bet they will against us. It will be a whale of a game.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Let's be honest.. OSU offense - wouldn't surpirise me to

Dec 16, 2019, 6:30 PM

Watching the 2014 Orange Bowl. Ohio Zt scoted on pass to RB Hyde. Defender caught looking at QB. Much like plaus we gave up to OJ Howard. Need to keep the back and TE covered.!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 16, 2019, 6:26 PM

I see it pretty much the same way Seth does. Fields is the same QB who couldn't get out of his own way at UGA; he's an elite athlete playing QB, much more similar to JT Barrett than Deshaun Watson.

Their O-line is immense and can pound you, and Dobbins is a tank who runs behind his pads and has excellent vision and that five-yard burst you look for; he's got "NFL" written all over him but he's a lot more Emmitt Smith than Barry Sanders.

They give up a lot of sacks and Fields can be gotten to; he doesn't read blitzes well and that ain't good considering Venables has 34 flavors.

The real question is: are they going to be able to run well on early downs? If they do what they're used to doing it could be a long game. If we can stuff the run, they're going to have a rough time trying to beat us with Fields throwing against those future-1st-rounders we have at CB.

Dec 16, 2019, 8:55 PM

How the heck did you agree with me and make very similar points as me and get more likes than me and I was the OP... Sheesh the people love you!

Fields is the same QB as he was at UGA???????

Dec 16, 2019, 9:03 PM [ in reply to Re: Let's be honest.. OSU offense ]

40 TDs and 1 INT? Come on man. Give the guy some credit.

Trying too hard...that line is gonna break.***

Dec 16, 2019, 11:03 PM

Dec 16, 2019, 6:47 PM

Lol if Fields doesn't have elite arm strength I'd like to see the quarterback who does

Dec 16, 2019, 6:52 PM

Watch TREVOR LAWRENCE!

Absolutely the correct response!***

Dec 16, 2019, 6:54 PM

Dec 16, 2019, 6:57 PM [ in reply to Re: Let's be honest.. OSU offense ]

Right! I'm sure the recruting sites had him rated as good as TL at QB just because he can run the ball well.

This guy!

Dec 16, 2019, 7:41 PM [ in reply to Re: Let's be honest.. OSU offense ]

Dec 17, 2019, 3:48 AM [ in reply to Re: Let's be honest.. OSU offense ]

Throwing far and elite arm strength are things I’ve realized OSU fans can’t separate. He’s not a true sideline to sideline guy and compare it to Trevor (Unfair but again you’re claiming elite) the ball is 20 ft higher on a deep ball at least which means it’s a lower speed and not able to hit targets on the run as easily. He doesn’t have a rocket arm and maybe I’m spoiled from watching Trevor but his arm is absolutely nothing to write home about. You took the same system and team that last year produced a kid with almost 5,000 passing yards and think this guy has an elite arm though with 2200 less yards?

Dec 17, 2019, 7:35 AM

Fields has elite arm strength - the reason they are so good on third down is because he can throw out routes on a rope. If you don't think he can make those throws you have not watched him play. That's a big reason for OSU's success and something that should be interesting in this game. It's easier to be aggressive against average teams - they don't have quarterbacks or receivers who can make you pay. This is a big reason Michigan looks great defensively against average teams and then looks bad against Ohio State.

Dec 16, 2019, 8:28 PM

Yeah, if these guys don't spring a few surprises on us - if they just line up and expect their superior athletes to run their predictable scheme down our throats (and they are just arrogant enough to do this) they are going to be in for a long night. i'll let Dabo tell it:

And then we get ready to play Ohio State and I start watching the tape, I watch every single game, and I go in and tell our guys. I’m like, 'Boys, these guys are in trouble.' I mean, I've watched the whole league. I've gone through the whole league both sides. These guys are in trouble. And that's exactly what happened.

We are going to bring them a big bagful of surprises on both sides of the ball. And then, when they get all confused, we are going to run the stuff that they were expecting and that is going to work too.

Dec 27, 2019, 1:56 PM

Dude, I want some of what you southern boys are smoking. Must be nice to live in the past. All rainbows and unicorns. Wake up rip van winkle. That was 3 years ago. LOL

save whatever you’ve got to smoke on December 29th

Dec 27, 2019, 2:12 PM

You’re going to need it. I’m sure we won’t be seeing you here.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

For our sake I hope you’re right, however

Dec 16, 2019, 8:30 PM

I don’t think the numbers agree. The man has 40 TDS and 1 (one!) interception. That’s efficiency and taking care of the ball. Not being careless, not being forced into dangerous throws despite their relative inability to protect him at times. They are first in the country in third down conversion. The guy’s a legit QB, not just a “good athlete”.

However, I do think that shows just how brilliant Brent Venables is to be able to scheme this kid and confuse him, much like Tua last year. Tua is a great QB, but we confused him, rushed him and took away his strengths effectively. I still think our biggest advantage is simply experience, and maybe this is the first game Fields’ inexperience comes back to bite him!

Re: For our sake I hope you’re right, however

Dec 16, 2019, 8:48 PM

6 fumbles though. Just sayin.

Good call!

Dec 16, 2019, 11:05 PM

Yep the stat pickers keep forgetting to add them fumbles.

he was in New York for the heisman trophy award.

Dec 17, 2019, 7:13 AM

He is a very good QB and had an outstanding year. Why is it so difficult to admit that?

Re: he was in New York for the heisman trophy award.

Dec 17, 2019, 8:20 AM

He is having a great year. A great year in a league that allows him to exploit plodding defenses designed to stop B10 rushing games and other B10 QB have lack-luster passing games.

0SU is 41st as a passing offense. I truly think if he was in any other league including the Pac12, then he would not have had as good of a year.

*snap!*

Dec 17, 2019, 9:52 AM [ in reply to he was in New York for the heisman trophy award. ]

I don't think he is really special. A serviceable qb at best. An athlete, sure thing.

Now who are you really?

Dec 16, 2019, 8:41 PM

Dobbins has certainly benefitted from their passing games success . How well our LBs and Simmons fill those spaces will determine how much he helps them .
We've only allowed 2 +100 yd rushers this year so I have faith in our ability to stop or at least mitigate that part of their attack .
I also believe that with little or no support from their running game that offense will stagnate , especially considering that Clemson's defense is far superior to any defense they've faced this year ... and many years passed .

DB23

Dec 17, 2019, 8:17 AM

Justin Fields has not played an elite passing defense yet that can match 31-0hio in speed. Is he going to Tua-it-over like Tua when finally faced with better coverage. The B10 does not play that passing type of football and why both Minn and Indiana had break-out years. As a whole, the entire league is decades behind in the passing game save for some specific examples. As a result, some teams like Michigan are, on paper, great passing defenses but not in reality. So gauging how good a QB or passing offense/defense is very difficult for B10 programs. Only 2 teams outside 31-0 are a top 50 passing team...and OSU did not play one of them. In comparison, the ACC had 6 or 7 in the top 50, Clemson played them all save VT.

Ohio State has enjoyed a major speed advantage over other B10 teams and the LEAN HARD on that advantage. That is how they beat Wisc, Mich, and to a lesser extent PSU. So if you take that away, can they find another advantage? I actually think that 31-0 is the biggest mystery of the CFP. Because there are a lot of teams that are really good at beating bad-mediocre teams but fold to elite teams (Beamer's VT was a prime example).

Another interesting stat. JF's QB rating goes down vs top 25 teams, TL16 goes up.

Fields tends to hold the ball a long time. He's struggled on

Dec 17, 2019, 8:29 AM

passing downs, taking a lot of sacks and posting a pretty poor success rate. However, nobody that Ohio State has played this year has had a great deal of success getting them into passing downs. They've done a great job using both Dobbins and Fields in the running game to stay on schedule and then hit big passing plays on standard and short-yardage downs.

The biggest key to stopping OSU's offense will be to force them into passing downs and not let them be consistently efficient in the running game.

Last year i think our defensive front was capable of doing that on their own. This year Venables has a bit more of a challenge on his hands. Teams have had some success running the ball straight between the tackles on us this year and I'm sure Ohio State will test us there early to see if we are up to the challenge. I'm sure they will have some success with it, but hopefully our aggressive scheme will force enough run stuffs and negative plays to get them off schedule at some point during their drives. We've just got to make them be methodical and not give up those huge plays. The more they have to grind their way down the field, the more chances we have of forcing those TFLs to put them into passing downs where Fields struggles.

Re: Fields tends to hold the ball a long time. He's struggled on

Dec 27, 2019, 2:28 PM

This is a solid post. To me this is where the game will be won or lost. I think that OHIO STATE will come out and look to control the clock with ground and pound. Justin is not the thrower that TL is. But don't sleep on him because he will take his shots. If we can move the ball effectively on the ground. this will open up many more things when your D will have to commit to stop the run. Running between the tackles is our strength, and I will be interested to see how you try to stop it. I personally don't see how you will stop us with 3 linemen an a backer to blitz, but that is the chess match between Venables and Day that will be super interesting. Cant wait til Sat night .......GO Bucks!!!

Dec 27, 2019, 1:32 PM

Bump

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes the road to the truth is so elusive it's confusing and reality becomes illusion.

Dec 27, 2019, 3:05 PM

This is the best conversation that I've seen since lurking here this week.

There are some good points here but some I also don't agree with (obviously)

First - Fields definitely has elite arm strength. Not sure where someone got that his down field throws are rainbows. He is the best deep ball passer we have had in a while (we haven't had one since before Meyer). That being said he isn't anywhere near as accurate as TL.

- Fields does hold the ball too long. This is a bit of a mixed bag though. Clearly this is where he get into sack trouble which leads to fumble issues (we have a lot of both). On the flip side, this also leads to extending the play where eventually a receiver will come open (he has been really good at this) or a running lane will open up. Also, this is why he has only thrown 1 INT. He doesn't see trouble and just chuck the ball up.

- I do agree that stats get really fuzzy when you are talking about the competition a team plays. You can't knock the stats from OSU bc we play in the B1G but hold yours up while playing in the ACC...just saying

One more thing.I know that you guys are sensitive to the knock on your schedule this year but in your defense if the Yankees were playing a high school team they would still be the Yankees.

Good luck on Sat! I think it will be an awesome game. Go Bucks!

Replies: 77
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic