Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Least favorite opposing coaches
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,277

Least favorite opposing coaches

Nov 7, 2020, 7:53 AM

Earlier this week, there was a thread about Brian Kelly being fans’ most hated coach. I said he wasn’t in my top 5. This got me thinking about who my top 5 are. Oddly, Muschamp isn’t in the top 5 either. I think primarily in both cases, it is because they seem harmless to me. That is probably a bigger insult than hating them.

So here is the top 5 I came up with (in some cases pure hatred overcame harmlessness):

1) Dave Doeren
2) Ryan Day
3) Kirby Smart
4) Lane Kiffin
5) Jim Harbaugh

Honorable mention: Steve Spurrier, Lou Holtz, Scott Schaefer, Paul Johnson, Urban Meyer, James Franklin, Dan Mullen

So that you won’t think I am just a hater, here are 5 active coaches that I think I like...tell me why I shouldn’t (no particular order):

Pat Narduzzi
Nick Saban
Mack Brown
Les Miles
Mike Gundy

Message was edited by: dsgriff®

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Least favorite opposing coaches

Nov 7, 2020, 8:31 AM

I like it but shouldn't Dave Doeren be in the harmless category?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 7, 2020, 8:38 AM

He earned his way in by trying to target Gallman & his laptop worries!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Yep he grates on me just enough to overcome

Nov 7, 2020, 8:44 AM [ in reply to Re: Least favorite opposing coaches ]

the harmlessness factor

Urbane Oscar Meyer is on my permanent list. Hated him as

Nov 7, 2020, 8:47 AM

a coach, and he is just as #### as an ANALyst.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 7, 2020, 8:50 AM

First off you make this tough by mentioning coaches like Brian Kelly ,who we don't face all that often, or even Jim Harbaugh or Ryan Day that we probably never will play against outside of the CFP's.
Then you have Kirby Smart or Lane Kiffin, both coaches that we recruit against.
Then you mention Spurrier, and Holtz, both now retired but were once opposing coaches.
So I simply give you the 5 coaches who are my least favorite, regardless of the current situation.
First, and foremost is Spurrier , who in my opinion is the biggest @$$-hole in college football ever. Like them or not, what he did to the coots is basically unforgivable ,which brings me to the 2nd biggest @$$-hole in college football, Jimbo Fisher(Texas A&M).
What he did to FSU ,and the way be baby sat Jameis Winston is probably worse than what Spurrier did, but I disliked Spurrier long before I did Fisher.
So that brings me to #'s 3,4,and 5.
Number 3 is the man with the lisp, Lou Holtz. He put more teams on probation than Carter has little liver pills, but hey his "Coot" team did put up a good fight against Clemson back in 2004.
# 4 is Paul Johnson. What a loser he was ,but he sure knew how to coach the chop block method of playing football.
An at # 5,is Urban Meyer, who I just feel is too highly regarded in the coaching circle. Add to that I think the pressure to succeed plays on his brain too much.
Oh, and I really don't dislike Muschamp. He is an o.k. Defensive Coordinator ,but he is in "way over his head "as a Head Coach.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 7, 2020, 8:56 AM

What I was going for are the five active coaches I least and most like...just gut feel. Anything goes in honorable mention. While it is easier to get on the list if we directly face you, that was not a requirement.

Looks like we largely agree!

Message was edited by: dsgriff®

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,277
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic