Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Kendrick personal foul last night
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Kendrick personal foul last night

Sep 22, 2019, 6:11 PM

Seeing the play live I though DK took a swing at the other player. Dabo yanked him out of the game.
But after seeing the replay both Kendrick and the other guy were holding each other’s jerseys and Kendrick tried to get free after the whistle blew. The other guy did not release and Kendrick simply tried to knock they guys hands away from his jersey and did not swing at the guy.
Anyone have a different view of it?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I thought the same thing.***

Sep 22, 2019, 6:14 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Kendrick personal foul last night

Sep 22, 2019, 6:16 PM

Who said he swung at him? Had he swung at him, it would have been an ejection. Dabo was just mad because Kendrick made a stupid decision.

Sep 22, 2019, 6:31 PM

Stupid decision that gave them points.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

charlotte players were acting like punks

Sep 22, 2019, 6:39 PM

good learning experience

Sep 22, 2019, 6:41 PM

I thought the penalty was for a hit out of bounds . Was it not ?

that was the call, late hit but tiger contractor is right,

Sep 22, 2019, 6:45 PM

the other guy was pullin on kendrick's jersey or face mask.

That's what I saw. But refs always throw flags on the

Sep 22, 2019, 6:53 PM

retaliator and Dabo expects his boys to be smarter than that. Didn't matter this game, but A&M was really helped us out with their stupid fouls and Dabo knows games can be lost on just one single penalty like that.

Sep 22, 2019, 7:02 PM

Should have been a double penalty for unsportsmanship conduct, but I agree Dabo wants the players to "rise above" that type of activity in game.

Sep 22, 2019, 9:13 PM

Did he ever go back in the game?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 22, 2019, 9:23 PM

No, I don't think so. But, honestly should have been allowed. I saw the same thing as you OP. He was swiping the other players hands away who was still trying to muscle him 7 yards out of bounds. Should have been a double penalty and 1st unsportsmanlike on both if anything. Really, it should have been nothing.

I have played and have watched a ton of football and have seen far worse not called and nothing came of it. Being that there was no punch thrown; added to the fact the Charlotte player was mostly to blame - there should have been nothing.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 22, 2019, 9:43 PM

Did he ever go back in the game?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're spot on.

Sep 22, 2019, 9:45 PM

I think The ref thought he threw a punch, and that's what was told.

What really happen was DK was tried to knock the guys arm off the collar of his jersey.

Unfortunate situation b/c there's nothing that could be said, but there is a world of difference b/n what he did and say what Isaiah Battle did to that poor kid from NC State. Now THAT was a punch.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You're spot on.

Sep 22, 2019, 11:02 PM

Reynolds357 is correct that if it was for a punch he would have been ejected. It would have been reviewed and announced that he was ejected, so you can be sure that it was not for a punch.

Sep 22, 2019, 11:28 PM [ in reply to You're spot on. ]

Even if they had considered it a fight and no punch, they would have called unsportsmanlike conduct. That also would have been announced since 2 unsportsmanlike penalties is an ejection. The fact that they called a personal foul means it was just considered a late hit.

Sep 23, 2019, 1:08 PM

Bareftn Exactly! Look at what was called on the field. They didn't see a punch b/c there was no punch. No ejection from the game. None of that. Late hit out of bounds - personal foul.

It's easy for everyone to say it now "after the fact" but watch some football this weekend or go to a game. What you will see is regular run plays where guys are kind of going at it after the whistle. Often nothing becomes of it. That's all there was with this; nothing so egregious enough in every down football to warrant a penalty. What made this case different IDK. It was called and now people are passing judgement. I am no Nostradamus but I can tell you now you will see far more of that not called than you will see called this season!

You break the guys up tell them to knock it off at the most! Hand swiping and talking a little junk. . . gimme a break! Like a speeding ticket "somebody else is getting I guess" some of us sitting back acting like "you shouldn't have done that". But, you would do it along with every other player quite often during the course of a football game and get away with it. The issue is with the judgement when you know dang well it's not uncommon to knock someone's hands off you. Especially 7 yards out of bounds!

Over reaction i.m.o.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go to the 49:00minute mark beginning of the play.

Sep 22, 2019, 10:04 PM

In "Real Time" it looks EXACTLY like a swing! We can't argue against that no matter how much we want it not to be. Luckily it was against a humoriously overmatched opponent in a runaway game. This happens during a heated battle with real contenders, and gives those teams extra scoring opportunities.There's not one of us who won't be saying that was a dumb move by our guy.

Dabo was right not to put him back in.. IN THIS GAME! Teachable moment.This was not a time to coddle our player. Bet it doesn't happen again with Kendrick.

https://youtu.be/NWncyNAA1Pc?t=2940

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic