Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
KB was named the starter
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

KB was named the starter

May 23, 2018, 2:57 PM

For fall camp, I think no matter what he was going to be named the starter for fall camp and it's the safest thing to say right now as Dabo anyways. Imagine if we told him he wouldn't start and he decided to leave. We would be down yet another QB and he even could start immediately so this isn't a far from possible thought neither.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^ Yep..KB to start and

May 23, 2018, 6:08 PM

who knows after that when we possibly bog down at Texas a&m without the long verticle game. Probably TL comes in to loft some rockets, imho.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ^ Yep..KB to start and

May 23, 2018, 10:48 PM

Could be another one similar to 2014 @ FSU where stoudt started and stalled, then watson came in and provided a spark, but came up just shy

Re: ^ Yep..KB to start and

May 24, 2018, 12:10 PM

I agree that the QB situation could possibly play out that way, but I do have one question. Isn't the 2014 FSU game when Stoudt led the offense down the field on the opening drive only to miss an extremely easy TD pass at the goal line which led to a FG attempt (I think it missed)? I was thinking that Watson came in immediately after that although I could be wrong. I just didn't remember it being that our offense stalled under Stoudt as much as it was Stoudt missing a very easy TD throw.

Like I said though, I could be completely wrong about the circumstances since it was a while ago.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's not how our coaches work.

May 23, 2018, 10:40 PM

It's manipulative and dishonest. If you'll throw it in reverse and take another look at the chart you'll see a true freshman right behind KB. How in the world would our coaches justify putting someone at the starter position who could not have command of our playbook this soon. The kid has only been on campus for 5 months.

An intelligent and focused individual might be able to memorize the plays in a few short months but knowing everything they are responsible for such as the blocking assignment, WR, RB and TE routes, various defenses for the offensive play calls and other similar and some more complicated factors is impossible. One must learn some of those things on the field either in practice or during games.

I know you guys wanted to see TL listed and starter and I can't wait but let's not jump ahead of our coaches. I think they have all this under control and are determined to put the best man on the field this fall.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: KB was named the starter

May 23, 2018, 10:58 PM

I just do not get how people can judge a kid who they have seen once in a game of 2 hand touch, that has never played one snap of D1 football, and with a straight face say he should be the starter, especially when we have a veteran that won 12 games returning. it is mind bottling.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 23, 2018, 11:01 PM

There must be something in the water. Idiots. You have to be brain dead or inbred to think TL shouldn't start over KB.

May 23, 2018, 11:04 PM

I can't, nor should anyone else form an opinion on a kid's development based on 20 snaps in a spring game. So I must be brain dead or inbred.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm gonna go with

May 24, 2018, 12:28 PM

a brain dead inbred . . . . htiah helps

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

But at least you admit to it Balm +1***

May 24, 2018, 4:26 PM [ in reply to Re: KB was named the starter ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 24, 2018, 5:43 AM [ in reply to Re: KB was named the starter ]

This dude literally posts nothing but anti-KB stuff. You'd have to be brain dead or inbred to think he is a Clemson fan. Not sure why he is even allowed to comment on this site.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 24, 2018, 1:18 AM [ in reply to Re: KB was named the starter ]

Maybe because he played in big HS games, broke 2 major passing records of our last 1st round draft QB.... And coaches are already saying from what they've seen, he's the real deal. Some of us are reading what the coaches, what people at the practices have been saying.

I'm not reading much that says he sucks... Worst I read is he has made a few learning mistakes in his first few months as an early enroller... Figuring out some of the passes he could get away with in HS won't be as easy in college. Find me though where you've seen any of our own coaches say he's wet behind the ears, needs a bunch of development.

And fyi, you do realize he's already passed a 4 star guy (that was listed as the Elite 11 Atlanta Regional MVP in 2016 by a site, ahead of a junior Trevor) that's been redshirted in our system for a year, right... Within 4.5 to 5 months. And likely did Hunter too. Not sure how that's showing he's not good enough to eventually unseat Kelly.

Might wanna see who was #1 and who was listed #2 here (and who was #5, and #3)...vs who is behind who now in the depth chart in just a few months while the other had been in the Clemson system a year:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2626427-5-top-performing-quarterback-recruits-from-2016-atlanta-elite-11-regional

May 24, 2018, 8:40 AM

His last big high school game he could barely score and lost. Not knocking him just saying. We judge kb on losing to Bama.

"Won 12 games," is getting old.

May 24, 2018, 9:12 AM [ in reply to Re: KB was named the starter ]

If he had stats worth mentioning, that wouldn't be the only thing to point to. Fact is, if you watch last year's games, our playcalling was extremely limited because of Bryant, and our offense couldn't put away anyone with a pulse, especially early in the year.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: "Won 12 games," is getting old.

May 24, 2018, 12:17 PM

Yea winning isn't what matters. It's all about the passing yards that get you to the playoffs.

Winning is a team effort.

May 24, 2018, 2:57 PM

To say KB won 12 games is incredibly disingenuous. A lot of those games were in doubt for too long because of his inability to move the football consistently, and his inability to hit receivers past ten yards. Heck he struggles to throw the screen pass half the time. An all-world defense, a strong RB corps and great WRs can win games even if the QB isn't that great, and that's what we saw last year.

TLaw is only going to be here for three years and this is probably the best complete team he will be a part of. It'll be a shame if we waste it.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Simple

May 24, 2018, 9:29 AM [ in reply to Re: KB was named the starter ]

We have nothing to lose so it is easy to airways be right.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

May 23, 2018, 10:59 PM

I was hoping KB would leave and HJ stayed. Then we would have two 5 star quarterbacks. KB can't play. Everyone who understands the game know that. If TL were named the starter and HJ the backup, HJ would have stayed and KB would try another position.

May 24, 2018, 6:58 AM

I think it's obvious there is some kind of troll activity going on here.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 24, 2018, 12:26 PM [ in reply to Re: KB was named the starter ]

I don't understand the obsession with how many stars a player has been assigned by the various recruiting services. I feel confident that the overwhelming majority of people would agree that the depth chart should be determined based on the evaluations by the coaching staff in practice as opposed to being based on how many stars Rivals, ESPN, or 24/7 decided that he deserved based only a high school game film.

May 24, 2018, 12:32 PM [ in reply to Re: KB was named the starter ]

Although I don't know when the depth chart was revealed to the players, Hunter Johnson's decision to transfer was announced days before the post-spring depth chart was released. Even if the players were aware of the depth chart prior to Johnson's decision to transfer, I would be extremely surprised it Hunter Johnson chose to base his decision to transfer solely on his place on a post-spring depth chart. A decision of that level of importance to his future would almost certainly be based on much more than where his name was on a non-binding piece of paper.

Also, regardless of what order the QB's were listed on the spring depth chart, there's is absolutely ZERO chance that KB would have decided to try another position based only on the depth chart.

May 23, 2018, 11:24 PM

Precisely. He was listed as 1st string to motivate him and keep him around. Lawrence will start Game 1 regardless so barring injury, this is academic and doesn’t matter anyway.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 24, 2018, 1:14 AM

Lol that's never been in debate... Fact is, he will be the starter on the Furman game, as long as no injuries occur. That's obvious to most people. But how long will his non improved passing hold Trevor off? Anyone with a brain knows Kelly won't be losing or clinching the spot in practice... It'll be settled on the field.

May 24, 2018, 2:04 AM

Bryant is going to have to lose the starting spot, trevor cannot win it without Bryant first losing it. Dabo wouldn't bench Bryant without reason. See 2014.

May 24, 2018, 8:57 AM

This is not 2014. Deshaun was 165 lbs soaking wet when he got to Clemson before he broke his collarbone and missed half of the spring.

Needless to say he was behind in his development after that. Barring injury TL is going to seriously challenge for the starting nod against Furman and I would not be the least bit surprised if he wins the starting job out of fall camp.

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic