Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Just curious - what teams are top 5 O-Line
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

Just curious - what teams are top 5 O-Line

Dec 6, 2020, 12:11 PM

just curious what everyone thinks

not bashing our O-Line curious what people think

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Just curious - what teams are top 5 O-Line***

Dec 6, 2020, 12:14 PM

Dec 6, 2020, 12:39 PM

Not sure exactly how you would gage that. Rushing Yards? Sacks allowed? Tackles for loss given up?

Since W’s and L’s are based on scoring, I like Scoring Defense & Scoring Offense stats. The other question would be, who are you generating those stats against? For example, Marshall I think sits #2 in scoring defense. Anybody think Marshall plays the same kind of competition as Clemson?

Amongst the top 4 CFP contenders it goes like this

Scoring Defense
ND
Clemson
Bama
Bucknuts

Scoring Offense
Bama
Bucknuts
Clemson
ND

It’s important to remember (cuz you won’t hear it on TV). Bucknuts have played nothing but trash with the exception of Indiana.

The other big question is simple and complicated all at the same time. “WHO GETS BETTER?” I like Clemson & Bama in that category.

Dec 6, 2020, 12:48 PM

Left one thing out. Clemson’s stats have been amongst the best for years now, but our stats would be better if we did what everyone else does....leave our starters in.

I’m not in favor of that because our MO of playing more players than anybody is one of the key reasons for our consistency. We always have more people ready than our opponent does.

Re: Just curious - what teams are top 5 O-Line

Dec 6, 2020, 12:36 PM

I’m sure they are in the ESECPN.

Dec 6, 2020, 1:29 PM

The Tide Oline must be outstanding. Every time I see Jones drop back to pass he has time to do about 5-6 checks and then always hits someone who is wide open. If he wins the Heistman he should publicly thank the guys who protect him and give him gobs of time. Of course, they also run block extremely well. They will be tough to beat in the post-season.

Clemson's Oline does an excellent job of pass blocking and actually are not bad at run blocking....when someone other than TE runs the ball. Last night was a case in point. Lynn J., TL, Melusi, and Rencher all had nice holes to run through. Poor Travis seems to run into the about 5 or 6 guys every time. I'm guessing the other teams are so committed to stopping number 9, or at least slowing him down. They have succeeded in this, but have failed miserably in stopping the rest of our team. TL, Amari, Cornell have all had big years. And Travis has been excellent in catching and running. Tight ends are contributing too.

The other teams? The truculent leprechauns have an excellent Oline. And I'm guessing the Bucknuts do too. Just haven't seen enough of them.

agree

Dec 6, 2020, 1:31 PM

add Wisconsin and usually BC, sometimes teams just get lucky and get a quintet of 5 redshirt seniors

Dec 7, 2020, 6:12 AM

According to ESPN talking heads, ND has the best Olline in the country. They say it over and over and over. . . .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic