Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
John McEnroe compared to Trump
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 1

John McEnroe compared to Trump

Mar 15, 2021, 9:55 PM

I’m watching a very interesting BBC show about McEnroe filmed in 2019. It’s called still rocking at 60. I can’t help but think about the parallels between Trump and McEnore. They are both quintessential New Yorkers raised by incredibly demanding parents who instilled in them that losing is not an option. When they felt like they were wrong, they held nothing back.

As some of you know, I am extremely critical of Trump. But it’s not because he’s an ####### that is willing to speak his mind when he feels like he has been wronged. His competitive drive and no holds barred attitude is something I actually respect.

My issue with Trump is his over the top dishonesty. While Trump and McEnroe have so many similarities, the difference is McEnroe is introspective and honest and willing to evaluate himself and realize his flaws.

Trump is a very fascinating character. I’ve spent time watching interviews before his presidency. While he was constantly trying to hype himself up, he had a sense of humor about himself and was often willing to be the butt of jokes on interviews on late night talk shows etc. The argument that the media made him crazy is fair. But I will not agree that that was all of the reason he lost his mind.

I am conflicted about Trump. I will give him credit for having the balls to even run for the presidency and I did like a lot of his ideas. No matter what you say about him, you have to give him credit for winning which was one of the most amazing political stories of all time.

But I am just hardwired to hate liars. The first time I knew he was dangerous is when he started talking about the election being rigged a few weeks before Election Day against Hillary. I just think he’s very corrupt. Of course, his narcissism making him incapable of admitting losing the election causing what happened on January 6 is unforgivable.

I guess it’s just sad to me that Trump did not have enough integrity to be honest. If he had that quality, I think you would have won the election and really helped our country. To be fair, he did make a contribution in his four years as he changed the narrative exposing how much people resent the establishment. I just wish his narcissism had not been so severe. Because that narcissism caused him to be a very dangerous evil person at the end of the day in my opinion.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: John McEnroe compared to Trump

Mar 15, 2021, 10:59 PM

Funny that everyone sees Trump as the failure of our govt after only 4 yrs.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: John McEnroe compared to Trump

Mar 16, 2021, 8:48 AM

pants was not wanting to discuss anything, just trump burning on his mind, so he has to lash out somewhere

as far as the topic, yeah except for the hot wife, stacks of cash, presidential retirement and secret service, exactly the same

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 2
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic