Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Jerry Clower- “The Time We Played Clemson”
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Jerry Clower- “The Time We Played Clemson”

May 9, 2018, 8:42 AM

https://youtu.be/_amjS0t5Bg4

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yazoo Mississippi's finest!***

May 9, 2018, 9:29 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nice thanks for the share!***

May 9, 2018, 9:36 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jerry Clower was the best ! We need more Jerry Clowers !***

May 9, 2018, 10:04 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Jerry Clower- “The Time We Played Clemson”

May 9, 2018, 11:46 AM

Have been playing this on Clemson game trips for years with the children. A classic. "Boogidy, Boogidy, Boogidy...."

May 9, 2018, 11:59 AM

Thanks for that! Never heard it before. And the Clemson player who trapped him would have been my dad

May 9, 2018, 1:38 PM

"Just shoot up here amongst us, one of us has got to have some relief!" - Jerry Clower

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 9, 2018, 10:14 PM

I remember this one well! Jerry was hilarious.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 9, 2018, 10:18 PM [ in reply to Re: Jerry Clower- “The Time We Played Clemson” ]

"why should I speak to you? I just passed you twice and you didnt say nothin!"

May 10, 2018, 10:21 AM

?????

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 10, 2018, 9:15 PM

The Ledbetters were moving a piano out of second floor window with a pulley system. It did not go as planned. Now you know the punch line.

May 10, 2018, 9:15 PM [ in reply to Re: Jerry Clower- “The Time We Played Clemson” ]

The Ledbetters were moving a piano out of second floor window with a pulley system. It did not go as planned. Now you know the punch line.

May 10, 2018, 9:17 PM [ in reply to Re: Jerry Clower- “The Time We Played Clemson” ]

I just want that bull to know that I'm a bull !!!

May 9, 2018, 1:40 PM

Back in the early 90"s I went with my roommate at the time to the food show at the old
Carolina Colosseum. We are walking around eating and drinking and they made an announcement
Jerry Clower will be taking the stage in 15 minutes. I said no way so we go over and grab
a seat and he was as funny as I have ever heard him. He passed a few years later and I am so
happy I went and got to hear him 1 more time before he passed away. We need more Jerry Clower
in this world, he was great.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 9, 2018, 5:51 PM

Haw!

May 10, 2018, 7:39 PM

I swear when I went to see Jerry back in the '80s, he put a different spin on the story and said when they arrived the day before the game they had a practice that night. He said some local country bumpkin who didn't seem to know the first thing about the game of football came to watch them practice and was asking their coach all kinds of questions about why they were doing what they were doing. Well, he said when they arrived at the stadium the next day to warm up for the game, there was that man who had attended their practice the night before, standing on the other sideline and as it turned out he was the head football coach at Clemson. Then he continued on with the story...

"Jerry get up & chase him"

May 10, 2018, 9:13 PM

"Lay still! He'll be back by here any minute"

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: "Jerry get up & chase him"

May 10, 2018, 9:59 PM

Heard him in Newberry in the '70s and he did a whole bit about the hotel in Anderson where they stayed and how the roaches were so big they sounded like a "covey rise" ever time you turned off the lights. Also said Frank Howard's tie had the big end, what's supposed to be here (motioning with his hand) "way up here" and the little end waaay down here. Also there that night in the crowd was the guy from Whitmire (I think) who made quail dropping jewlry.

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic