Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Jeremy Pruitt + Saban + Our O-line Character Is What Got Us ---
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

Jeremy Pruitt + Saban + Our O-line Character Is What Got Us ---

Jan 5, 2018, 11:20 PM

Re-watched the game.

1- Saban is Saban.....A coaching general. But it surprises me that he really don't have more prototypical quarterbacks as of late.

2- Jeremy Pruitt has been giving us problems ever since his days at Florida State when we had that big debacle at Death Valley when we lost by almost 50. He got us when he was at Georgia...though we finally beat him the year before. Now at Alabama he got us again....though we beat Alabama last season.
Wonder what Tennessee will become in the future with him.

3- Alabama's thuggish defensive line just flat out bullied our offensive line. Our blocking schemes just never adjusted much. It was like having our good straight A kids get bullied by the bigger and tougher kids from
the tough parts of town.

We got to get a lot meaner on the offensive line as well as keeping our good character and straight A's. I hope that and better blocking schemes get vastly improved in the offseason.....for next season.

Go Tigers.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Jeremy Pruitt + Saban + Our O-line Character Is What Got Us ---

Jan 5, 2018, 11:30 PM

Mental errors with dealing with the 3-4 contributed as well.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A buddy of mine and I talked about #1 today

Jan 5, 2018, 11:32 PM

at least the QB part. Bama is focused on OLine and Rbs for offense. How many great QBs have they produced, that went on to the NFL and had a career after being under Saban? While they don't have any great Qbs there, they haven't had terrible ones, which means there's not a lot of dropoff between QBs each time they put in a new one.

This is contrast to their RBs which are more plentiful to find and easier to rotate, and each new RB becomes 'the guy'. Bama doesn't need any particular type or style or elite QB. They need someone to keep the defense honest, either by being mobile or a downfield threat that can create opportunities for the RBs. Shoot, instead of running the ball against us, it was swing passes and screens to RBs in space and not running it at our front 4. Nothing more complicated.

Clemson

Jan 5, 2018, 11:36 PM

The O line character (hmmm mostly white guys) vs Bama thugs ( I think each is black). That is not only a stupid excuse, you should check your racism at the door before posting.

Jan 5, 2018, 11:47 PM

Hmm white people can't be thugs??? Check the gangster movies buddy. Might want to check yourself.

Also...

Chad Kelly says hi.

Jan 5, 2018, 11:58 PM [ in reply to Re: Jeremy Pruitt + Saban + Our O-line Character Is What Got Us --- ]

What a stupid thing to say. Your an idiot that just assumed what someone means. Take your race baiting a$$ somewhere else

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Anyone who tries to inject racism where there is none...

Jan 6, 2018, 3:15 AM [ in reply to Re: Jeremy Pruitt + Saban + Our O-line Character Is What Got Us --- ]

Will always get a TD from me!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

shut up.***

Jan 6, 2018, 7:34 AM [ in reply to Re: Jeremy Pruitt + Saban + Our O-line Character Is What Got Us --- ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

No doubt our O-Line got whooped and we never adjusted

Jan 6, 2018, 12:09 AM

from a blocking standpoint to what they were doing on defense, BUT as much as anything, we missed DW (for the first time all year), Mike Williams, and Jordan Leggett. The decision making and pocket awareness of DW was sorely missed. We had nobody with the size, physicality, and ability to separate like Williams and Leggett. Not having those guys, or anybody that could do what they did was a huge part of it, even with the poor O-Line play, and was the main reason they did not respect our passing game.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: No doubt our O-Line got whooped and we never adjusted

Jan 6, 2018, 6:26 AM

As bad as they whipped our #####, without the two fluke, gift touchdowns we could have won the game. I know they whipped us, but the gift deflected passes that resulted in 14 easy points decided the outcome.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who put the "L" in BrowneLL

Jan 6, 2018, 6:26 AM [ in reply to No doubt our O-Line got whooped and we never adjusted ]

As bad as they whipped our #####, without the two fluke, gift touchdowns we could have won the game. I know they whipped us, but the gift deflected passes that resulted in 14 easy points decided the outcome.

Jan 6, 2018, 6:26 AM [ in reply to No doubt our O-Line got whooped and we never adjusted ]

Jan 6, 2018, 6:27 AM

Sorry for multiple repeats, stupid phone wasn't saying it posted.

Jan 6, 2018, 1:09 AM

Maybe we just overdid the "stat-loose-have-fun" bit while they have held this grudge all year, felt like we had stolen their candy and came out snarling. Our happy-go-lucky attitudes probably made them even angrier.

Next year, we get that advantage. I hope.

Jan 6, 2018, 6:21 AM

Jackson Carman is one of those mean guys. Got into at practice this week at all star game. He is a ferocious beast.

So now we've got our own fans questioning the character

Jan 6, 2018, 7:08 AM

of our players??? Actually, check that, you're no fan...you're a coot-canoodler!!!

A friend drew similar conclusions in a conversation a few

Jan 6, 2018, 9:25 AM

days ago. Great post.

We had a very similar conversation. Adding to what you said, my thoughts:

1) Pruitt is a nightmare for Clemson going back to UGA, and FSU days. Glad to see him moving on to Tennessee.

2) Our OL needs to get meaner, more physical, and tougher. Consistently recruiting top OL would help, but our OL's mentality needs to change from "weathering the storm" to "being the storm" like 'Bama and imposing our will just like 'Bama does. Clemson is past "weathing the storm".

3) Love Dabo and woundn't trade him for the world. But, he reminds me a little of Bobby Bowden at FSU. Great defense and DC (Brent Venables = Mickey Andrews) and really talented offense, but a little bit sloppy at times and not physical enough in the trenches against the top competition (Bama D vs. Miami) of our era.

4) Nick Saban's killer instinct. Does Dabo have it? Dabo reminds me more of Bobby Bowden. He needs to figure out how to get his offense, and specifically the OL performing with the same killer instinct his denfense, and specifically the DL does. Mentally they're miles apart, and it's going to cost Dabo championships along the way if it isn't addressed.

Moving forward, we need more Jackson Carman's with killer instincts. I feel like if they address the OL's physicality/mentality in the offseason we should be fine next year.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic