Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Jeff Scott and Recruiting
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 2,696

Jeff Scott and Recruiting

Dec 9, 2019, 10:38 AM

Sooo with Jeff Scott leaving us just wondering and would like to get some input from you guys on how this will affect our recruiting in Florida and of course the Wide-outs we get. Will we see a drop off in WR ELITE recruits or do you think that with the products we put in the NFL at wideout we will keep chuggin along? Not exactly sure how recruiting works but I think each person on the staff has a region or area that they cover and I'm pretty sure Jeff handled Florida and hand a great Florida connection. I was talking with a family member and he mentioned something I never thought of. He said that USF will help Clemson with guys above their level and vice versa (below ours of course)

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Jeff Scott and Recruiting

Dec 9, 2019, 10:45 AM

I don't believe that Fla Atlantic will out recruit us
for any player. Besides all of that, we have 2 rec's from
Tenn. and one from Alabama along with future stars on the
team. I don't believe those type players would consider
Fla Atlantic.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 9, 2019, 10:54 AM

Thats not what I'm saying... For instance... if receive we have in camp, maybe not quiet our caliber of receiver but we tell Jeff about him and we may tell the kid to take a look at USF and how they will develop him... or say if there is a big time recruit coming up in Florida- Jeff would let our coaches know about them or even tell the recruit he should definitely take a look at Clemson and start making connections. I see it as helping each other out in some sort of way.

South Florida /= Florida Atlantic***

Dec 9, 2019, 11:04 AM [ in reply to Re: Jeff Scott and Recruiting ]

Dec 9, 2019, 10:46 AM

Todd bates has been recruiting his butt off. Jeff is a good recruiter but I doubt there will be any drop off.

Dec 9, 2019, 11:03 AM

Higgins from TN
Ross from AL

we'll be fine. Dabo is also a great recruiter. Also, Tony Elliott got ETN from what I remember.

Ngata from Cali, Amari from Tennessee

Dec 9, 2019, 11:22 AM

Mike Williams and Nuk from SC ...

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 9, 2019, 11:21 AM

What I see hurting our recruiting in Florida the most, is if Mike Norvell is successful at FSU, and I don't see any reason why he shouldn't be, he was very successful at Memphis, and he was a WR coach at other coaching stops before becoming a HC....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Heard the same thing about Taggart going to FSU on this board

Dec 9, 2019, 11:54 AM

When he was hired. Right now FSU is a dumpster fire and I think Norvell will do a pretty good job eventually but that’s predicated on their idiot fans not kicking him out after a year and a half.

Dec 9, 2019, 1:46 PM

People forget that Dabo was our WRs coach before he was promoted. We are not going to see a drop off in WR recruiting because Dabo knows how to evaluate just as well as Jeff Scott. And Dabo is the ultimate closer. I'm excited to see how our WRs develop under Grisham. But, given that he has worked under Scott for a couple of years now, I have full confidence that he will be a great WR coach as well. Plus, Dabo is also there to develop our WRs as well.

Dec 9, 2019, 1:49 PM

They recruiting guys at STS said the only guy to keep an eye on this cycle is Ajou Ajou. For whatever reason they think he would be the most likely to follow Scott or sign elsewhere, but that's not for sure. Everyone else is completely on board according to them.
As good as dabo is at having a plan i'm sure he anticipated/knew about this a long time ago. The loss of Scott will be felt for sure but i don't think the program skips a beat.

Replies: 10
| visibility 2,696
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic