Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I've been to many Ivy League BB games . .
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1,833

I've been to many Ivy League BB games . .

Dec 22, 2019, 7:08 PM

in the Palestra. BB in that facility is just plain fun. It is what BB use dot be, noisy, close to everything, as a fan. If you get a chance to see a game in the Palestra, you must do it., You won't be sorry. I games I see involve the Penn Quakers. Penn, over the years has been one of the best Ivy League team, by far. Along with Princeton, they have had teams that could play with most teams throughout the country. But it wasn't a year in, year out success. Penn was in the final 4 one year, Princeton has caused problems in the tourney at times. However, as an ACC team, and unless we are playing an elite caliper Ivy League team, which happens from time to time . . this was an abomination today. At at home . . just despicable. Brad needs to go now. I would call for a mid year firing, just is terrible. I can't believe it. Enough . . but do go see a game at the Palestra!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I've been to many Ivy League BB games . .

Dec 22, 2019, 7:19 PM

What is a caliper team?

One with really good breaks.***

Dec 22, 2019, 7:23 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: One with really good breaks.***

Dec 22, 2019, 7:27 PM

I get it. Brake calipers.

Re: One with really good breaks.***

Dec 22, 2019, 7:30 PM [ in reply to One with really good breaks.*** ]

breaks?

Dec 22, 2019, 7:29 PM [ in reply to Re: I've been to many Ivy League BB games . . ]

Hey azzwipe . .why not try and find the words to make an adult comment? if you know nothing, go fuzz yourself, OK son?

Dec 22, 2019, 7:54 PM

I have been to the Palestra a few times over the years and found it to be amazing.

I saw Penn and Princeton on a Friday night. The students packed the place out and stayed in the game for the entire time.

It was like old school basketball played back in the 50s. I also noticed about a dozen or so students pulled out a book and studied/read/reviewed during the half. Halftime ended and they went right back to cheering for the team.

The things that stood out to me were the old look and all the stone facade and how loud it was in the building. It was a great time and a fun environment. Out of the 100- 150 plus places games I have seen College Basketball, the Palestra was one of my all-time favorites.

Favorites
1. Cameron
2. Pauley Pavillon
3. Palestra
4. Hinkle
5. Huntsmen (Utah)
6. St Marys in California
7. Maryland Field House (Cole ??)
8. Rose Hill in NYC

When Wofford was Division 2, we played in some loud ALWAYS HOT cracker box size arenas around the South East. Those were some neat places to visit and always tough places to play.

Dec 23, 2019, 3:56 PM [ in reply to Re: I've been to many Ivy League BB games . . ]

I simply asked what was a caliper team. I still don’t know! Do you enjoy calling people names hidden behind a user name?

Most younger Clemson folks never experienced BB

Dec 23, 2019, 3:55 AM

in the old Fike's Field House, as LJ didn't open until December 1968.

Fike was packed for every game, raucous, hot and always thunderous in support for our team, win or lose. When LJ opened, we thought we had really graduated into big time ball, but the games didn't seem to be the same.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Most younger Clemson folks never experienced BB

Dec 23, 2019, 4:22 PM

You are exactly right about Fike. I spent many a wonderful night in that old barn. And never did the Tigers have a good team,never. But the guys filled that place for every game. A Clemson tradition that has disappeared.

Re: Most younger Clemson folks never experienced BB

Dec 23, 2019, 4:25 PM

I hollered my tonsils sore in there.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Class of ‘71. Went through “rat season” and glad I did.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1,833
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic