Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
It is as though 44-16 didn’t happen
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

It is as though 44-16 didn’t happen

Oct 21, 2019, 11:52 PM

According to the talking heads. It’s insane

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It is as though 44-16 didn’t happen

Oct 21, 2019, 11:55 PM

That is certainly the media’s hope.
And if at all possible, to use their position to influence perception so that Clemson won’t even have another chance at such an aberration. Then life can go back to normal.
It just means so much more.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

SERIOUSLY!!***

Oct 22, 2019, 12:00 AM

It's the fact that 44-16 did happen

Oct 22, 2019, 7:30 AM

that other teams don't want to play the Tigers. Any tiny opening they see to exploit a perceived weakness, they will take it. By "they" I mean fans of other teams, game announcers, etc. (Being on TV does not make all of them neutral. Everyone is not a Herbstreit.)

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Didn’t you hear? BAMA was so tired from that

Oct 22, 2019, 12:02 AM

Exhausting regular season schedule, where they won every game by 3+ touchdowns. The SEC is so competitive for everyone but bama??????

Oct 22, 2019, 1:49 AM

Last season?

Oct 22, 2019, 4:36 AM

Get used to it, because it will never change. Let's say this year the Tigers win the Natty huge like last year. Next year will be exactly the same. The talking heads will be finding reasons why the Tigers aren't very good. Lather, rinse, repeat. Just keep winning Tigers!

That's what the Media does...

Oct 22, 2019, 5:11 AM

They re-write history to create the narrative they want, then they pound that narrative as the truth and pretty soon, it is. Fortunately, I was in Santa Clara, and it DID happen. It is indelibly etched on my memory, and always makes me smile when I think of it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dan Rather, I believe it was, said,"You don't have to be

Oct 22, 2019, 8:18 AM

truthful as long as you are consistent"..

Oct 22, 2019, 6:42 AM

It happened. I got my 6 pack of Coca-Cola bottles that said it happened.
To heck with the talking heads.

Fortunately, the people actually involved in the game....

Oct 22, 2019, 6:54 AM

the coaches...seem to think 44-16 does matter. Along with our recent pedigree of victories.

I'll take their opinion any day of the week over most anyone else's.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 22, 2019, 8:15 AM

From "Does SoS Justify AP Dropping Clemson to 4th?" - consider these FACTS:

1. Clemson's opponents have a better composite W-L than Alabama's opponents (although not as good as LSU's or Ohio State's)

2. LSU is the only top-four team which has played an FCS opponent (and not a very good one at that - Northwestern State is 0-7!)

3. Clemson has already played six P5 teams; Alabama, Ohio State and LSU have only played four P5 teams each (2 fewer!).

4. Looking at Alabama in particular, their best wins are probably over Texas A&M and South Carolina (we'll hold off on Duke for now; Tennessee is garbage); Clemson also beat Texas A&M, plus they beat UNC, who beat South Carolina themselves.

This all adds up to one thing: SEC/B1G bias.

https://accfootballrx.blogspot.com/2019/10/does-sos-justify-ap-dropping-clemson-to.html

Denial is one of the 5 stages of Grief ...

Oct 22, 2019, 8:17 AM

I'm guessing Acceptance shall occur in January some time.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 22, 2019, 8:34 AM

To me it's just more evidence of the dumbing down of society along with people being reluctant to accept change.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic