Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
most disappointing 75 seconds in college football
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 40
| visibility 1

most disappointing 75 seconds in college football

Sep 10, 2017, 4:04 PM

running down the hill SUCKS now! what used to be one the best things about Saturdays in Death Valley had been completely wussified. it looks like 100 guys skipping down a hill 2 by 2 instead of an angry pack of Tigers coming down the hill to feast on their prey. it takes too long now. the band is walking off the field and the coin toss is over and guys are still trickling down. I HATE this change and I wish it would go back to the way it used to be

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Should we go ahead and move the team back to Riggs Field ?

Sep 10, 2017, 4:10 PM

I bet your Grandpappy whined about the new stadium back in 1940 !

How would you feel if a key starter fell and was trampled by that mob running down the hill?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Should we go ahead and move the team back to Riggs Field ?

Sep 10, 2017, 4:14 PM

Let him vent! If that's all he has to gripe about on Sunday, must means the Tigers kicked a.s.s on Saturday....lol

Message was edited by: keith75®

Message was edited by: keith75®

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

take your panties off & put on big boy undies

Sep 10, 2017, 4:19 PM [ in reply to Should we go ahead and move the team back to Riggs Field ? ]

grandpappy??? dude it was just changed a few years ago! how many players have gotten hurt since the 60s running down the hill? 3 or 4?? I remember one and he was a backup. go watch some older ones on YouTube and tell me it's not more exciting. people like u are the reason football is probably gonna be gone in 20 years

You didn't answer the question***

Sep 10, 2017, 8:56 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: You didn't answer the question***

Sep 11, 2017, 12:13 AM

pretty sure it was rhetorical because the answer is obvious. I wouldn't like to see a knee blown out leaping the hump either. maybe we should put them in one of those big bubbles and roll them down so no one gets injured.

I can always count on a snarky comment from tigerdrummer!

It has changed from a pack to more of two lines.

Sep 11, 2017, 6:40 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCLt6VPudwk

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bring back Tommy Bowden!***

Sep 11, 2017, 9:57 AM

Re: It has changed from a pack to more of two lines.

Sep 11, 2017, 10:18 AM [ in reply to It has changed from a pack to more of two lines. ]

Fitting for his thread that the preview image of the video is a game where we were down 17-0 10 min into the game.

it was awesome when bowden had the team near the

Sep 10, 2017, 4:16 PM

bottom of the hill before the cannon fired

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes that was....awful. Had buried the memory in fact.***

Sep 10, 2017, 6:21 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Reigning Nat Champs, 2-0, epic D last night, and this is what you bring?

Sep 10, 2017, 4:16 PM

Seriously, that's pretty poor.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

My thoughts exactly...some people will always find something

Sep 10, 2017, 4:21 PM

to complain about.

I don't care if our boys hold hands and play pattycake on their way down The Hill if we keep winning.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Reigning Nat Champs, 2-0, epic D last night, and this is what you bring?

Sep 10, 2017, 4:22 PM [ in reply to Reigning Nat Champs, 2-0, epic D last night, and this is what you bring? ]

what's that got to do with anything? I love the team, I just hate the change of the entrance. it was awesome & now it's not.

Sep 10, 2017, 5:07 PM

here is an idea. watch the 1st 25 seconds then turn your attention to something else. surely you could find another miniscule thing to complain about

Sep 10, 2017, 10:49 PM

D bag

Sorry you are in the .00001 per cent of people that don't

Sep 10, 2017, 11:50 PM [ in reply to Re: Reigning Nat Champs, 2-0, epic D last night, and this is what you bring? ]

like it.

Re: most disappointing 75 seconds in college football

Sep 10, 2017, 4:20 PM

The most disappointing 10 seconds of my life was spent reading this lame post

Sep 10, 2017, 4:25 PM

dang bro, it took u 10 seconds to read that? praying for u.... how long did typing that response take???

Sep 10, 2017, 4:21 PM

Are you ####### serious!?

Sep 10, 2017, 4:22 PM

I think the reason for the difference is every player is touching the rock. I am pretty sure only some touched the rock before, so they stayed bunched together.

is this a troll thread?

Sep 10, 2017, 4:23 PM

THEY ARE WHY i RARELY POST HERE ANYMORE

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

= the time I spent on this post***

Sep 10, 2017, 5:14 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

OSHA has a new rule on ingress down an inclined access.

Sep 10, 2017, 6:10 PM

Our hands our tied.

Sep 10, 2017, 6:13 PM

Yea! And not enough balloons either! And only played Tiger Rag once! And no flyover! And and and .........

Sep 10, 2017, 6:19 PM

Agree 100%. Instead of seeing this we get to see Dabo standing there clapping and then Forrest Gumping his way down the hill...

How would you know, weren't you in Alabama?***

Sep 10, 2017, 6:49 PM

safe to say

Sep 10, 2017, 7:07 PM

You didn't get laid last night

we are the defending National Champions and just beat

Sep 10, 2017, 7:12 PM

Auburn. That kind of talk is what you expect during the Tommybawest years. Enjoy the games and quit whining

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

again, this has nothing to do with the team

Sep 10, 2017, 7:55 PM

the team is great, the coach is great, etc. the issue is our tradition of running down the hill has changed. stop making it out like I'm criticizing our team. last night people were on here saying Ray Ray Mccloud needs to transfer because he fumbled and dogging out coach Scott and coach Elliott when they've coached the most successful 2 years in Clemson history. go jump on those guys.

Re: again, this has nothing to do with the team

Sep 10, 2017, 11:53 PM

Is it the band running the hill?

Sep 10, 2017, 9:09 PM

The Hill entrance was exciting to you based on how fast the players ran down it? It's always been exciting to me due to waiting for the buses to come around the stadium, watching the players enter at the top of the hill, and the excitement building up before the cannon fires. I've never known anyone who looked forward to that moment in order to see how fast the players run afterwards.

Sep 10, 2017, 11:44 PM

it's not the speed they run down the hill genius, it's how they run down in little groups of 2. Up until a couple of years ago it was like the coaches were holding back an angry mob who couldn't wait to get down that hill & when the cannon fired they all flooded down. it was intimidating and exciting. the way it is now looks just like a routine and players are just skipping down and trying not to fall. maybe I need to put together a before and after video and see which one you think is better

Easy fix

Sep 10, 2017, 10:45 PM

Add some of those flame shooters at the bottom of the hill.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 10, 2017, 11:57 PM

I've said this for a few years now. Think the rock should be underground and when team arrives a pillar of smoke starts coming from the ground and it arises for all to see. As a side note, good way to protect it from vandals on off days. But they can run down 2x2 l, crawl or whatever way they want as long as they keep winning!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My God man! it's the Dippin Dots!!! That's the real problem!***

Sep 11, 2017, 6:19 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 11, 2017, 7:15 AM

I have to agree that you have a point. If you go back and look at teams in the past , the energy and fire at the top of the hill is way better. Our program has come along way and has a bright future but I agree that the entrance has taken a step back on many occasions.

The original poster has taken a lot of flack for this post and it's not justified . He's right. He's not knocking the team but merely making an observation and it's valid.

Sep 11, 2017, 10:32 AM

Agreed. I had hyped up to new attendees that they had to be in their seats for this, and then I watched it and felt that something was different. I didn't think much more about it after the kickoff, but this thread got me to thinking that the OP's point is the difference. Not the end of the world.

You know we've arrived when this is the biggest complaint***

Sep 11, 2017, 9:59 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed. I think this is one of the main reasons a NC has

Sep 11, 2017, 10:42 AM

eluded Dabo.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Prolly just trying to comply with OSHA safety regs

Sep 11, 2017, 10:53 AM

They do have all the proper PPE, though.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 40
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic