Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Is the Jumbo Package still in our playbook?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

Is the Jumbo Package still in our playbook?

Jul 9, 2017, 5:45 PM

That play is awesome IMO. It is fun to watch, even if it fails. I don't have stats on the success rate of that package, but it terrorizes the opposing D. I saw so many situations last year that the Jumbo could have been run to easily pick up short yardage, but it was almost never used. Here is one ol' guy that truly hopes to see the Jumbo destroy some defenders this year.

Anyone else miss the Jumbo Package and want to see more of it?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is the Jumbo Package still in our playbook?

Jul 9, 2017, 5:55 PM

pretty sure we ran it a few times with Wilkins and Lawrence in the mix and it was pretty much unstoppable. I doubt that changes this year

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 9, 2017, 5:57 PM

Really fun to watch.....but needs to work in critical situations. Don't think we used it against Pitt in the double fail.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Jul 9, 2017, 6:05 PM

It's definitely still in the playbook, but it was stopped once last year. Towards the end of the season... (insert game here) where they targeted the double stuff block of Wilkins and Dex with 3/4 guys and clogged the hole. I think we will use the formation to keep teams on their toes and fake it to the outside... Or what I really hope is more fake plays to Wilkins where he pulls a fridge and trucks over someone. ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 9, 2017, 6:01 PM

As far as I could tell, we stopped using it after they struggled with running it in the Pitt game. I expect to see it again this year with a whole offseason to work out the kinks, especially with a comparably inexperienced quarterback group.

It'll work better when they put Dexter at RB***

Jul 9, 2017, 6:26 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It'll work better when they put Dexter at RB***

Jul 9, 2017, 6:44 PM

You would have thought after running it successfully 3 or 4 times, they would have adjusted, pulled the ball back out and went around the end or found someone open on a quick pass. Jeff/Tony, you listening? ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 9, 2017, 9:03 PM

It worked good when they run it up the middle. The Pitt game they tried to pitch it on the outside and them big boys got out run to the ball carrier. When they go downhill with it, its going to be tough to stop for less than 2.

Jul 9, 2017, 10:14 PM

Running back caught from behind in Pitt game. No one blocked the DB coming across the right side. This would have gotten a first down and sealed the win. Need that one block to ensure sucess.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic