Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Irish Butter
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

Irish Butter

Dec 27, 2018, 9:04 AM

There looks to be a lot of complimentary talk centered on our young QB by way of South Bend. Like a whole heaping of praise and adulation over this week leading up to Saturday afternoon's football game .
Not that it isn't warranted ...because it certainly is , but I cannot help but think that this is designed to lighten the head of one Trevor Lawrence . To beset him with niceties and admire him publically as they have it would lead one to believe the strategy is to undo the freshman's focus and at least make him rethink some things headed into the biggest football game in his life .

Trevor if you're reading this , just go be who you've been and do what the coaches ask of you . Control the emotions and let it fly .
All this Irish Butter will melt under the heat of Clemson's wheels as we roll on to Santa Clara .

Message was edited by: Tigerdug23®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: Irish Butter

Dec 27, 2018, 9:14 AM

+1 for use of 'beset'

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 27, 2018, 9:48 AM

Dug, i had Irish butter at my daughter's at Christmas. First time. That is some special kind of butter! Produced from the milk of cows who dine on lush Irish grass, it is.

And it's available at your local Walmart under the Kerry Gold brand.

I thought that's what your post was about. My bad.

But, hey Trevor, if you're reading, listen to Dug, beware the Irish butter! Butter takes your edge off. I know you don't play angry like some do, but you need to keep your competitive edge. Just because an Irishman is friendly, even classy, he is not your friend until after you've beaten him.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 27, 2018, 10:38 AM

It being Christmas and all, I clicked expecting an awesome recipe. I add my endorsement of Kerry Gold, it's our go to for bread.

You bring up a point TD, I also find their comments are in stark contrast to those from uscjr. You would think a team, and fan base, with over 100 years of losing would be better losers.

Dec 27, 2018, 11:17 AM

When we are trendy and feel like being obnoxious and making "bulletproof coffee" - we slap some of the Kerry Gold into our mugs.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 27, 2018, 11:15 AM

There looks to be a lot of complimentary talk centered on our young QB by way of South Bend. Like a whole heaping of praise and adulation over this week leading up to Saturday afternoon's football game .
Not that it isn't warranted ...because it certainly is , but I cannot help but think that this is designed to lighten the head of one Trevor Lawrence . To beset him with niceties and admire him publically as they have it would lead one to believe the strategy is to undo the freshman's focus and at least make him rethink some things headed into the biggest football game in his life .

Trevor if you're reading this , just go be who you've been and do what the coaches ask of you . Control the emotions and let it fly .
All this Irish Butter will melt under the heat of Clemson's wheels as we roll on to Santa Clara .

Message was edited by: Tigerdug23®

I don't know what sense it makes to down talk your opponent before or after the game. If you lose, you lost to a team that you don't think was very good. If you win, okay you beat a team that you don't think is very good.

Also, I am sure both teams are preparing with the upmost respect for each other, but confidence in their ability to win another football game. Just like each has done all season.

Dec 27, 2018, 11:28 AM

TheGipper - you are a welcomed addition to this board. Please remember that with regards to national prominence - we are new money and a little rough around the edges.

I don't know if anyone else has noticed...

Dec 27, 2018, 11:46 AM

but Trevor is the first QB we've had in a decade that Dabo hasn't had to calm down. The boy has no nerves, no emotions and ice water in his veins. He's one of the rare freshmen QBs who doesn't go apechit crazy when things go awry. Both Tajh and DW spent sideline time with Dabo being coddled and having their composure brought back into check.

ND is pizsing up a rope if they think mind games will work on Trevor. I fail to believe they haven't watched enough film to know this.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't know if anyone else has noticed...

Dec 27, 2018, 11:58 AM

The cool thing about DW4 though was that his ice water turned to lava if you cheap shot him. He found a way to make you pay.

I love Trevor. And anybody that sprints 60 yards downfield in hope of throwing a block certainly has incredible passion for playing the game. But he has not been tested yet. These next two games will be a great growth opportunity for him.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic