Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Interesting Stat about our rushing game
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 2,041

Interesting Stat about our rushing game

Oct 17, 2018, 1:12 PM

We are currently averaging 6.96 yards/carry in our rushing game. This is 2nd nationally behind only Memphis (7.28 ypc), but it is that highest of any P5 team in a season in any year in the last ten years. The highest P5 team in the past decade is Wisconsin in 2014 at 6.92 ypc.

Cfbstats.com only has the team stats going back to 2009, so I'm not sure if any P5 team before 2009 was better. It would interesting to see.

http://www.cfbstats.com/2018/leader/national/team/offense/split01/category01/sort02.html

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Interesting Stat about our rushing game

Oct 17, 2018, 1:50 PM

Finesse teams are a new phenomenon. You only get those rush stats from a finesse team like Wisconsin.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 17, 2018, 1:54 PM

Just think of how much more productive our rushing game could be if we were a physical football team instead of a finesse team.

Also, from what I read on Tnet on Gamedays, we would probably average a couple more ypc if we could get a decent OC. The Tnet coaches have led me to believe that Elliot is one of the worst playcallers in the country.

Definitely not one of the worst

Oct 17, 2018, 1:57 PM

But saying he’s doing a perfect job is very disingenuous. There’s still plenty to be improved upon. Like sticking with the run when we’re gashing a team up and down the field instead of trying cutesy passes or toss sweeps and getting behind the chains.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Definitely not one of the worst

Oct 17, 2018, 2:58 PM

There's no such thing as a perfect job. There's naturally going to be criticism when a play gets blown up for a loss or a short gain in the middle of a productive drive. But it's often a missed assignment or missed block that causes those plays to fail. If a player doesn't miss a block on a bad play and it ends up going for a first down then people would be praising the playcall instead of complaining.

I see a ton of complaining about "called screen passes" which just shows that a lot of people aren't familiar with the concept of an RPO or the way that calls early in the game will set up calls later in the game.

For the record there are always calls during every game that I disagree with, but it's not nearly as black and white as people tend to try to make it.

I only disagree with the plays that don't work. When plays

Oct 17, 2018, 3:27 PM

work, then you can be assured that I was in agreement with it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I only disagree with the plays that don't work. When plays

Oct 17, 2018, 4:54 PM

You nailed it. That fits me to a "T".

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Definitely not one of the worst

Oct 17, 2018, 5:06 PM [ in reply to Re: Definitely not one of the worst ]

I'm only good with first downs and touchdowns . The other 70+ plays a game make us look bad and have zero to do with winning .
I hope our coaches remind the offense of that on Saturday ... ONLY 1st downs and Touchdowns matter !

Call a decent play , Scelliot !

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Oct 17, 2018, 5:03 PM

I'm sure we're not the only P5 team to approach 7 ypc in a 6 game stretch. I hope we can sustain it against a more consistent stretch of defenses.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Dude abides

Replies: 8
| visibility 2,041
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic