Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Interesting offensive wrinkle for the post season...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 1

Interesting offensive wrinkle for the post season...

Dec 14, 2020, 10:54 AM

Probably not easy to install quickly...,
But I think it’d be interesting to see Lyn-J and ETN lined up in the backfield at the same time ...

Some option and misdirection to generate more run game ...

Both can do real damage when given the space to do so .... we should be willing to try anything to generate more explosive runs (which we’ve had far too few of this year)..

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Interesting offensive wrinkle for the post season...

Dec 14, 2020, 10:58 AM

It would pretty easy to do it without changing our offense if they use ETN lined up in the slot and run him on JET motion.

I threw this out last week in a thread asking about the idea of using ETN on JET motion to try to move the eyes of the defense.

Could give the ball to ETN on JET motion, could hand to Lyn J on a normal run play, could throw the ball to the outside WRs, could throw to ETN in the flats, or Trevor could run.

I can imagine that it would take ND some time to figure out how to keep their focus on ETN while adjusting to the other options and moving parts of the formation.

None of that would actually add new concepts to our offense and would just be a change in personnel instead of having to install new plays.

Re: Interesting offensive wrinkle for the post season...

Dec 14, 2020, 11:07 AM

I like that idea and as you said we wouldn’t need to change the playbook to do it ...

Anything to get ETN in space works for me...

I don’t think any team in college football can contain Travis repeatedly if he gets enough opportunities with the the space to run....

Replies: 2
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic