Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Anybody else get the feeling we're sandbagging?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

Anybody else get the feeling we're sandbagging?

Sep 23, 2016, 12:14 AM

We started out strong and then took our foot off the pedal. We started out slow last year also. Hard to believe that the staff would slow down to give future opponents confidence, but to me, it seems like that's what we're doing. Guess we'll find out next Saturday.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Anybody else get the feeling we're sandbagging?

Sep 23, 2016, 12:15 AM

We are underperforming
...especially o line

Hard to deny at this point but I am seeing good signs

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hate to agree, but i think our O-line is the

Sep 23, 2016, 6:00 AM

"weakest link" through 4 games, on an obviously very good football team. More so than the secondary IMHO which I think a lot of us "thought" may be our biggest concern. The O-line did not grade out as high as the D-line, that I assure you!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

so long as we go undefeated, it's fine.***

Sep 23, 2016, 12:23 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Coaches tried to go run heavy and bleed the clock in the 2nd half

Sep 23, 2016, 12:27 AM

and we just don't have the blocking for it at the moment. I think the offense wouldve been OK if we had been more aggressive. Also had some mistakes on 3rd downs in the 3rd q. Dropped a slant for a first down and then Artavis ran backwards and gave up 1sr down yardage on the next possession.

It's real difficult to run when they know you're going

Sep 23, 2016, 1:13 AM

to run. I think we we should pass more on first down and run if incomplete and 2nd and long just to keep them guessing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Coaches tried to go run heavy and bleed the clock in the 2nd half

Sep 23, 2016, 7:17 AM [ in reply to Coaches tried to go run heavy and bleed the clock in the 2nd half ]

To be honest, we'd have needed extreme blocking during that 4th quarter. There were several times I counted 9 GT players coming at Watson, counting their D Line.

I think Dabo is a good game management.

Sep 23, 2016, 12:39 AM

Let me rephrase it. He is a good season management. Just like last year, his best shot is to keep the players healthy and less banged-up as much as possible. That's the reason why he always puts his foot of the pedal.

I could be wrong, but I sure hope that's the case.

Indeed

Sep 23, 2016, 12:51 AM

No question about it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Indeed

Sep 23, 2016, 1:08 AM

The running lanes opened after our passing attack made the defenders step back. Louisville will provide a new challenge for our guys, but if we don't have the drops and less-than-enthused play at times, we can beat Louisville next Saturday and keep on rolling

Dabo is driving the Speed Limit

Sep 23, 2016, 6:33 AM

Once we get going too fast he takes the gas off. It's like driving a Lamborghini at 55 mph in the right lane when you could be going 200 mph on the autobahn.

I think our players and fans become 'Less Enthused' when the play calling gets Ultra Conservative. You can see it in their body language... Uhh, this slow developing vanilla zone read is about to get blown up...

I just wish he would pick a side and be consistent. Be a Lamborghini or go the speed limit in the right lane, just stop teasing me to death with flashes of the Lamborghini and then you act like you're driving a Prius for the 2nd half.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 23, 2016, 1:37 AM

It's hard to say we were sandbagging with most all of the starters on the field the entire game. Everyone in the stands tonight seemed to be in agreement that we still haven't truly opened the playbook yet though. We really do have to stop with the overthrows and the wrong route-running though. And if we don't play all four quarters next weekend against Louisville, it won't be good for us.

Sep 23, 2016, 5:53 AM

If we are sand bagging,now is the time to get out of the trap!

no, we are just struggling***

Sep 23, 2016, 6:17 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: no, we are just struggling***

Sep 23, 2016, 6:37 AM

4-0=struggling.

Sep 23, 2016, 6:40 AM

4&0=great defense

Sep 23, 2016, 6:52 AM

4-0=we've scored more points than the other team. I've never seen so many armchair experts in my life! Winning against teams with the same amount of scholarship players as us isn't easy. Yes, we have areas to improve but "struggling" isn't the word I would use. Also, anyone that has played football, or any sport for that matter, knows that you play the opponent on the field. I see so many "if we blah blah against Louisville, it's gonna be tough" posts that it's sickening.

I would call 3 points in the 2nd half struggling

Sep 23, 2016, 7:06 AM

you evidently agree that with the post that I responded to and think we were sandbagging. I'm happy with the solid win. I think the offense is struggling and the defense is playing lights out.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 23, 2016, 11:53 AM [ in reply to Re: no, we are just struggling*** ]
54339246.jpg(112.4 K)

Sep 23, 2016, 3:03 PM

You guys don't really believe we are sand bagging right? You think the players are trying to score less touchdowns? You think people practice all summer, spring and fall to play less than their best and hide their skills? Ha. That's such an illogical fallacy. You can't really believe that.

Sep 23, 2016, 4:20 PM

You do realize to sandbag doesn't take the players, right? That the coaches can call the most basic of plays and a vanilla scheme to save things for the bigger games to catch other teams off guard and give them no film to base on (i.e. ever heard a player say "they did things we haven't seen and had to try to adjust" before?)

Sep 23, 2016, 4:29 PM

Well we basically only gave ourselves 2 downs to actually move the ball after predictably running up the middle every 1st down for no to minimal gain. I have to imagine that's a tendency we'll see stop against Louisville. Or at least I hope so.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 23, 2016, 5:24 PM [ in reply to Re: no, we are just struggling*** ]

And you think we just woke up the day of the first game and decided to suck total butt? No , we struggle when we go conservative, when we play call we are disciplined and we roll, .... We didn't just start sucking

Not struggling...building depth.

Sep 23, 2016, 4:37 PM [ in reply to no, we are just struggling*** ]

Dabo saw how gassed our 1s were from the USuCk game forward last year. So this year, he's "pacing" the team for a 15 game season. 2 extra games and 40 extra practices wears the best conditioned athletes down.

Look at Wayne Gallman...against Auburn he had 31 carries. In the next 3 games he's had 33 carries total...including 17 last night.

We've also played a ton of freshmen on the OL.

Struggle, Sandbag or Pacing...we get the answer next Saturday night.

We'll sandbag UL too.

Sep 23, 2016, 6:57 AM

Free Shoes is going to be a nightmare. We're their last best hope for salvaging this season.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

of course.***

Sep 23, 2016, 7:14 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Sep 23, 2016, 7:58 AM

lol - I've been using the phrase "playing 'possum", but yeah - sandbagging is correct too. :)

It's like we just don't want to show our hand - similar to how good poker players play. Let's hope we get to see what we have when we play UL. Otherwise, our OLine is going to be chastised for the rest of the year for their inability to protect DW4.

And good grief, can DW4 ever hit a wide open WR for 6? I've forgotten what that even looks like.

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic