Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Gamecoots almost lost to La Tech
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 72
| visibility 1

Gamecoots almost lost to La Tech

Jun 25, 2018, 8:47 AM

Last season. It took a Hail Mary to Edwards for them to win at the buzzer with a fg.

They’ve lost to Kentucky 4 straight times.... Kentucky.

To the people who think Boom has turned them around wake up! 5 Head takes another beating in the valley.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wouldnt worry about them too much

Jun 25, 2018, 8:53 AM

they'll be looking for bowl eligibility by the time they come to town.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Dont think it was Boom but don't forget the loss to El Cid

Jun 25, 2018, 9:06 AM

a few years back either. That is incredible. Coot friend of mine tried to equate that as us losing to Syracuse. Now that is a reach. I agree neither should happen but we had a hurt qb vs. Cuse. Besides at least they are Div 1A in a power 5 conference non the less.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dont think it was Boom but don't forget the loss to El Cid

Jun 25, 2018, 9:29 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXWuKRlBmVE

Don't forget about this guy hahahahaha...

Jun 25, 2018, 10:07 AM

You mean the Marshall team that finished the season ranked number 10 in the final AP poll, went 13-0, and had Chad Pennington as their quarterback? Sure that’s the same as losing to the Citadel. Coot logic!

Jun 25, 2018, 10:01 AM [ in reply to Dont think it was Boom but don't forget the loss to El Cid ]

That was not incredible. It was embarrassing. I know you like that but seriously. That was almost 5 years ago. If we are talking about embarrassing past losses then I can bring up 70-33, and Marshall 1999 at home.

I'm you're huckleberry , that's just my game. ..I

Jun 25, 2018, 10:10 AM

You lead with
Wvu 70 clemson 33.. 37 points
Marsh 13. Clemson 10... 3 points

I'll play
Clemson 63 scar 17 ..46 points
Clemson 56 scar 7...49 points

Your turn.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: I'm you're huckleberry , that's just my game. ..I

Jun 25, 2018, 10:16 AM

Auburn 56
USuCk 17

39 points

Are you sure you want to go back to the SECCG and embarrass yourselves again?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 25, 2018, 10:18 AM

That was ONE time agaisnt a generational player Cam Newton. You think every time we get to Atlanta it would be the same outcome? Out of your mind you are!

CLEMSON Played against that same generational

Jun 25, 2018, 10:22 AM

Player..that same year.

Clemson missed a FG and lost by 3 in OT.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Since you brought up 1999. Here you go.

Jun 25, 2018, 10:26 AM [ in reply to Re: I'm you're huckleberry , that's just my game. ..I ]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1999_South_Carolina_Gamecocks_football_team

Ok we lost the OB because Kevin Steele was our defensive coordinator. Besides we have won the Orange twice since then and have a national title to boot. You sure you want to keep playing this game with me?

BTW If you think you’re going to Atlanta this year you’re out of your mind you are.

Re: Since you brought up 1999. Here you go.

Jun 25, 2018, 10:49 AM

If we somehow beat UGA week two, then yes.

So for you it was one time while you point our loss out like

Jun 25, 2018, 10:28 AM [ in reply to Re: I'm you're huckleberry , that's just my game. ..I ]

it's an everyday occurrence. You pull for a team that just isn't as good as Clemson at football. Accepting it is the first step.

Jun 25, 2018, 10:32 AM [ in reply to Re: I'm you're huckleberry , that's just my game. ..I ]

COOTS don't have to worry about getting beat that bad again because they will never go back. I am talking about SEC championship game.

Jun 25, 2018, 10:52 AM

Please tell me why we will “never” go back to the SEC championship? Please tell me. I’d love to hear it.

Jun 25, 2018, 12:57 PM

Jun 25, 2018, 3:39 PM [ in reply to Re: I'm you're huckleberry , that's just my game. ..I ]

I'll take a shot at why you never get back. 1). History. Historically, SC hasn't been very good. Save for a magical 3 year run, also knows as the "golden age" of SC football, the team hasn't won much of anything. 2). Will Muschamp. You really think Muschamp is going to do what Spurrier couldn't? I don't want to hear about recruiting. Muschamp recruited pretty well at Florida and still lost. Speaking of recruiting, 3) Recruiting. If you haven't noticed things are looking up in Athens. Things are going to get much better in Gainesville. I also think the next challenge to Saban in the West is A&M, SC's permanent cross divisional foe. Those are three soon-to-be powerhouses SC will have to deal with every year. Muschamp will settle SC into an 8 win team. Enjoy that.

Jun 25, 2018, 5:51 PM

7 win. Clemson will be a loss. I see them losing to Clemson, UGA, UF, and probably TAMU every year for at least 4 years going forward.

Every time you get to Atlanta??? LMAO

Jun 25, 2018, 11:27 AM [ in reply to Re: I'm you're huckleberry , that's just my game. ..I ]

Mizzou has played in more SEC title games than y'all. I don't think you need to worry about getting to Atlanta anytime soon.

Jun 25, 2018, 1:16 PM [ in reply to Re: I'm you're huckleberry , that's just my game. ..I ]

Come back after you kick a FG to beat Marshall, if you do that well.

An even more embarrassing gamedick loss was Auburn 2011.

Jun 25, 2018, 1:25 PM [ in reply to Re: I'm you're huckleberry , that's just my game. ..I ]

Steve Spurrier called a time out on an incomplete pass. Minutes later he needed that timeout and had none left.

##### lose as usual.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Jun 25, 2018, 10:17 AM [ in reply to I'm you're huckleberry , that's just my game. ..I ]

155-71 - (09-13)

So in that 5 year stretch you beat us by a combined

Jun 25, 2018, 10:27 AM

84 points? Yet in our current 4-year stretch we have beaten the dirtpeckers 162-66, a 96-point differential. Oh and during that time we've made the CFP three times, made the national championship game twice and won the national championship once, with several conference championships mixed in there.

What did the worm pullers accomplish during their 5-game win streak other than beating us?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Coots have nothing on us

Jun 25, 2018, 1:27 PM

Yet they still talk trash.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Excel move playing a 5yr stretch.

Jun 25, 2018, 10:30 AM [ in reply to Re: I'm you're huckleberry , that's just my game. ..I ]

179-97. (13-17)

Even better in a smaller time frame.

Jun 25, 2018, 10:30 AM [ in reply to Re: I'm you're huckleberry , that's just my game. ..I ]

162-66

(14-17)

Outclassed in every way you are. Wanna keep playing?

That pitiful one five year period is all you have. How long

Jun 25, 2018, 10:31 AM [ in reply to Re: I'm you're huckleberry , that's just my game. ..I ]

are you going to continue grasping at that old straw? Remember, history hasn't been very kind to your coots during this "rivalry" so if I were you I'd drop that argument!

Don’t forget title 9 sports***

Jun 25, 2018, 1:28 PM

Jun 25, 2018, 10:40 AM [ in reply to Re: I'm you're huckleberry , that's just my game. ..I ]

90-17. (2016-2017) that seems a lot worse than 155-71 over five years. Which is by the way the only five years that is probably even worth mentioning in the 120+ years of your beloved program. How can you and all your coot buddies honestly look in the mirror and believe, that usuc has a storied and great football program. NEWS FLASH, you suck a$$. Except for the one single ACC championship (1969), which is almost half a century old. And a whole five year streak of beating Clemson. Your fan base are some of the more delusional fans by thinking y'all deserve to be in the upper class of football programs. Like the Bama's and Ohio State's and even the you guessed it CLEMSON'S of the world. So when your team can cross the 50 yard line before the third quarter and score more that 10 points in garbage time then come back to have this conversation.

Jun 25, 2018, 10:48 AM

Who cares. Football is like a roller coaster ride full of ups and downs, sometimes more downs than ups, but I wouldn’t have it any other way it’s a blast. We aren’t a more historically storied program but who cares there are 128 FBS programs and We’re nowhere near the bottom. We might not be anywhere near the top but I don’t care. There have been thrillers, fun rides, and gut wrenching losses. That’s what being a fan of a sports team is like.

Jun 25, 2018, 10:58 AM

Oh I guess we have different experiences, because we have both had gut wrenching losses but that is where the similarities end. Clemson is overall by wins and winning % an overall top 25-30 program. We are used to winning more often than not. Now we have had some awful seasons but those tend to be few and far between.

Jun 25, 2018, 10:59 AM [ in reply to Re: I'm you're huckleberry , that's just my game. ..I ]

But you have a great Women's Basketball Team and Pampered Horses.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Jun 25, 2018, 11:55 AM

Before 2011, you basically had nothing since 1981.... you had almost 30 years of mediocrity with a decent season here and there. All you had was dominating the Gamecocks on a regular basis. You have been to the playoffs 3 out of 4 years and won it all in 2016 but you act like you’ve always been elite. Just remember how you got here and what it was like before 2011 and enjoy it because nothing lasts forever.

If we basically had nothing in the 80’s after the NC then you guys have never had anything.***

Jun 25, 2018, 12:15 PM

The coots have been so bad for so long...

Jun 25, 2018, 12:24 PM [ in reply to Re: I'm you're huckleberry , that's just my game. ..I ]

That they have become content with it. "Hey at least we got next year!" How many years now have we heard this?

So if football is like a roller coaster ride...

Jun 25, 2018, 12:21 PM [ in reply to Re: I'm you're huckleberry , that's just my game. ..I ]

The chickens must be in free fall mode!

I can tell you attended the university of second choice

Jun 25, 2018, 1:29 PM [ in reply to Re: I'm you're huckleberry , that's just my game. ..I ]

just from reading that grammatical disaster of a paragraph.

You're delusional.***

Jun 25, 2018, 6:57 PM [ in reply to Re: I'm you're huckleberry , that's just my game. ..I ]

Jun 25, 2018, 1:17 PM [ in reply to Re: I'm you're huckleberry , that's just my game. ..I ]

Come back after you kick a FG to beat Marshall, if you do that well.

Jun 25, 2018, 1:19 PM

Won’t have to. We will destroy them this year. I’m bookmarking this for an I told you so moment. And you have no idea how obnoxious I can be if we actually start winning games lol

Jun 25, 2018, 4:45 PM

Trust me we know exactly how obnoxious chicken fans can be when y'all win games. I get it though it's something your kind is not used to so it's got to be exciting to win more than 6 or 7 games.

99?

Jun 25, 2018, 10:35 AM [ in reply to Re: Dont think it was Boom but don't forget the loss to El Cid ]

I'm sure you remember some much worse moments then.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Gamecoots almost lost to La Tech

Jun 25, 2018, 9:19 AM

That was an exciting finish, they were desperately trying to get down the field and got their miracle. But hell, let 'em go undefeated (right), and we will simply take that much more off the table when they come to the valley. They had that shot at us 2 years ago and came up short. Bring it on...

You don’t have to tell me how much they sucked last year.

Jun 25, 2018, 9:20 AM

I saw it with my own two eyes. They were a 6-7 win team with a 9 win record because they played a very weak schedule. A few of our posters were thinking we would be in for a tough game with them because of the hype that began to surround them. Check my post history. I saw right through the hype and knew they would be physically manhandled at the roach last year. They’re not there yet and probably won’t get there with Muschamp.

Re: You don’t have to tell me how much they sucked last year.

Jun 25, 2018, 9:27 AM

Remember during the Bowden years when we’d win 8 or 9 games and got to thinking the program had arrived? Man that sucked when reality would humble us . I do not miss that era of Clemson football. That’s what the Gamecocks are going thru right now. Which is nice.

Jun 25, 2018, 9:36 AM

That's what USuC has been going through for over 100 years. they win 9 games and they have arrived. they'll be back to less than .500 soon enough.

Jun 25, 2018, 9:33 AM [ in reply to You don’t have to tell me how much they sucked last year. ]

Seeing what Boom did to a pretty good and loaded Florida team tells me everything I need to know about his coaching abilities. The real question is will he be able to produce a 9 win season every 4 or so years to ensure he can stay at USuC for a log time or was this last one he'll ever have. My money's on this was the last time he'll ever sniff a 9 win season. As weak as Tennessee and Florida were last year it's only a matter of time before he's back struggling to get 5 wins out of that team. It doesn't matter what recruits he has. He could go to Bama with all their 5* players and struggle to make it to a bowl.

Jun 25, 2018, 10:04 AM

Okay if my coach is only winning 9 games every 4 years or so I want him fired. I want a coach that will consistently get my team to Atlanta every season, win an SEC championship here and there, and get to the first playoff ever. I think that could be done, but hey, Rome wasn't built in a day.

Jun 25, 2018, 10:23 AM

Will Muschamp only won more than 7 games once at UF, that was in his second year there....I’m just saying

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Jun 25, 2018, 10:51 AM [ in reply to Re: You don’t have to tell me how much they sucked last year. ]

When has any coach ever at usuc taken you consistently to Atlanta? Even the ol' ball sack couldn't do that and y'all worshipped that man. Don't believe me, im sure you can find the left overs of a giant banner of the ball sack somewhere in a dumpster. To be honest with you, him leave y'all's program the way he did was one of the best remembered moments of your program. He left y'all so empty on talent it made y'all's trophy look pretty good.

Jun 25, 2018, 12:03 PM [ in reply to Re: You don’t have to tell me how much they sucked last year. ]

Against us in the last game Carolina's drives ended at:
Your 49
Your 3
Your 49
Your 45
Your 39
Your 25
Our 22 with a FG
And a touchdown

The big take away is that against our first string, we could have moved your goal line to your 45 yard line and you still wouldn't have beaten us. That's just a series of 20 yard "drives" from touchbacks.

Jun 25, 2018, 1:25 PM

Last year, Citadel crossed midfield on their 1st drive of the game.
Coots crossed midfield in the 4th Q.
Enough said.

Jun 25, 2018, 12:05 PM [ in reply to Re: You don’t have to tell me how much they sucked last year. ]

Okay if my coach is only winning 9 games every 4 years or so I want him fired. I want a coach that will consistently get my team to Atlanta every season, win an SEC championship here and there, and get to the first playoff ever. I think that could be done, but hey, Rome wasn't built in a day.

Dude, you do know you root for the program that is The Coach's Graveyard, right? You can call it End of the Line, or Nirvana, or Top of the Mountain in typical USC delusion, but the fact remains:

NO USC football coach in the last 50 years has gone on to win ANY Div 1 football games at any other school after leaving you.

You'd better keep Muschamp as long as you can before you send him to coach's perdition, because if you don't, you'll never persuade a better coach to come there.

Jun 25, 2018, 12:11 PM

K. Thanks for the input.

Jun 25, 2018, 2:14 PM [ in reply to Re: You don’t have to tell me how much they sucked last year. ]

Point for using "root"

If you want a coach to get you to Atlanta every year

Jun 25, 2018, 12:28 PM [ in reply to Re: You don’t have to tell me how much they sucked last year. ]

You better go buy some Georgia or Alabama gear, because your with the wrong team here buddy.

Re: If you want a coach to get you to Atlanta every year

Jun 25, 2018, 1:54 PM

Like I said, we are starting to make noise. You won’t like it when I sooner or later have to say I told you so!

Re: If you want a coach to get you to Atlanta every year

Jun 25, 2018, 6:03 PM

LMAO. Did you just use a screenshot of an article about 2 of your OWN ex-players' opinions to back up that you are starting to "make noise"... Yeah, they are still a whisper, Nationally speaking... Regardless what Ingram or Cooper think.

This is one of the laziest arguments

Jun 25, 2018, 11:26 AM [ in reply to Re: You don’t have to tell me how much they sucked last year. ]

It's really easy to simplify things to win an argument on the internet.

I know right? Clemson is just way better than the coots.

Jun 25, 2018, 3:55 PM

I know it’s a hard thing for you to accept but it is what it is coot.

Jun 25, 2018, 10:07 AM [ in reply to You don’t have to tell me how much they sucked last year. ]

Exactly. Going in to the season I called them a 6-6 team. They overachieved because Tennessee and Florida completely tanked and they had a +11 turnover ratio, which kept them in games. They can't count on this season. They'd be wise not to let a good second half against Michigan and keeping the UGA game from becoming a blowout lead them to believe they are a contender in the SEC.

Look. Scar historically was competing for 4th

Jun 25, 2018, 9:52 AM

Place in the sec east. .now they are competing for 2nd.

My question to you is why do you care so much? Clemson plays scar every year, and that is all matters.

It doesn't matter how scar or clemson finish, or their conference affiliations, rankings, or their schedules. Braggin rights are earned on the field, where they should be.

Re: Look. Scar historically was competing for 4th

Jun 25, 2018, 10:04 AM

This guy gets it!

Re: Look. Scar historically was competing for 4th

Jun 25, 2018, 10:23 AM

Too bad you don't.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Gamecoots almost lost to La Tech

Jun 25, 2018, 10:35 AM

You do realize the year we won it all we almost lost to Troy right? They were better than LT though but still.

Re: I'm used to hearing bashers say this, but not Tiger fans.

Jun 25, 2018, 11:53 AM

So what is your point?

Tigers did NOT almost lose to Troy. We had a 17-point lead before giving up 2 late TDs. The WR who scored those TDs (on the same play, against the same coverage) was drafted. Troy went on to win 9 or 10 straight after playing us. They were a mid-quality opponent, stronger than some ACC or even SEC teams. Not sure why we want to pretend that we seriously underperformed.

Pretty sure the outcome of that game was never in question.

BTW, Clemson has never lost to an FCS team. Let alone, the same one twice.

Jun 25, 2018, 1:33 PM

yes, Troy had a better record in the SEC than da cooters during that year?
Just as the Tigers have had a better record against the SEC-west than the coots.

Jun 25, 2018, 1:57 PM [ in reply to Re: I'm used to hearing bashers say this, but not Tiger fans. ]

My point is barely beating an inferior team does not mean you suck. It just means you played bad one game. I'm not saying Usuck is great but they are better than most give them credit for. They are a top 30 team. Much better than LT tho they barely beat them. They are no where near our level but they are not horrible.

Jun 25, 2018, 2:40 PM

Thank you. Someone on here is being honest and REAL. I appreciate this post.

I don't forsee a top 30 team being the sec champ.

Jun 25, 2018, 2:44 PM

Shoot the sec winner will be top 5 even if they went into the sec champ game at 6-6.

Jun 25, 2018, 3:18 PM [ in reply to Re: I'm used to hearing bashers say this, but not Tiger fans. ]

Ok, I can agree with that.

Just like the USC baseball team having a losing record against in-state teams (inc. losing at least once to every in-state opponent), but still winning a regional?

Which is the more accurate description? "Barely better than Wofford" or "stayed alive longer than Clemson"?

Jun 25, 2018, 4:06 PM

Stayed alive longer than clemson ??

Jun 25, 2018, 5:56 PM

Like saying the Cleveland Cavaliers had a better season than the Houston Rockets.:)

Replies: 72
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic