Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I'm sure there are tons of ACL tears, but it seems like our
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 2,126

I'm sure there are tons of ACL tears, but it seems like our

Aug 10, 2018, 9:32 PM

Guys are snakebit. It's football, there will be injuries, but ####. Our trainers need to go to the next big seminar on the topic to get the latest preventative advice(I'm sure they already are). I know Deon and DW4 got hurt in the NFL just hate it for these guys.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm sure there are tons of ACL tears, but it seems like our

Aug 10, 2018, 10:38 PM

The stronger you get, the more likely you are to tear an ACL.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 10, 2018, 11:12 PM

Torn three (one was a repair) ACLs, wakeboarding twice, snowboarding last year. I think leg strength and genetics make a difference, but it's always a possibility for any athlete. Making cuts, extreme impacts they all factor in.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 10, 2018, 11:08 PM

The past decade of playing fantasy football has made me realize how many NFL players have season ending injuries. It seems like a third of the players you draft end up missing multiple games.

Aug 10, 2018, 11:46 PM

Fantasy Football players have a very low percentage of ACL tears, i read it was somewhere around 0.0% .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

I can promise you that Danny Poole and whoever

Aug 10, 2018, 11:16 PM

the trainers for the Colts is, are well versed on ACL issues. Problem is you can only do so much to prevent them.

Don’t compare DW4 to Cain. DW4 has had knee issues in past and these things tend to happen again and again to certain people.

This is Cain’s first knee issue as far as I know. Hopefully there’s no nerve damage he can recover. Problem is, he plays a position that requires a lot of cutting and high speed. He needs to reach out to Thomas Davis at Carolina Panthers to get some recovery advice.

Aug 10, 2018, 11:49 PM

I'm sorry but this was just a stupid comment. Completely ridiculous to insinuate that our medical staff wouldn't be as well versed as possible in ACL tear prevention techniques. It's particularly insulting when this claim is dreamed up after guys in the NFL get hurt that have been out of our medical and training programs for months. I'm not a guy that watches the NFL religiously but they get hurt CONSTANTLY. Like half the QB's in the league had season ending injuries last year. It seemed like half the Texans defense was injured last year. Football is a violent sport and injuries happen. Luckily doctors are MUCH better are about fixing them now.

Knock on wood ** I actually think we've had very few ACL tears for the last 6 or so years. We've had like 1 per year, maybe 2? That's not that bad.

Our players or former players are no more snakebit than any others

Aug 11, 2018, 12:09 AM

You just notice Clemson's because you are a fan. Pick another team to follow of a similar caliber and you will think they are snakebit as well.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 2,126
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic