Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
You know you're at a GT game when...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 2,188

You know you're at a GT game when...

Sep 23, 2016, 9:03 AM

All around you hear soemeone explaining to the person beside them the rules of the game. The safety was entertaining on so many levels

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm pretty sure most folks on here didn't know either.

Sep 23, 2016, 9:05 AM

I include myself in that. I've never seen that happen before, but it makes sense.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Anyone ever seen that before in a game?

Sep 23, 2016, 9:07 AM

I haven't.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

I'm old and can't remember but it's the call I'd have made.

Sep 23, 2016, 9:10 AM

It was clearly an interception brought out of the endzone and fumbled back for a safety.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exactly, you wouldn't get 20 yds free

Sep 23, 2016, 9:35 AM

for fumbling the ball plus you knew if we got the ball in the endzone it would have been a touchdown.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exactly

Sep 23, 2016, 9:53 AM

The ball was clearly fumbled when the player was out of the endzone, and it was fumbled into the endzone.

At that point only 3 things could happen:
1) A GT player recovers it and manages to get it out of the endzone: GT ball wherever he is tackled.
2) A GT player recovers it but doesn't get out of the endzone: Safety, 2 points for Clemson and ball after free kick
3) A Clemson player recovers: Clemson TD

It made no sense for touchback to ever be on the table.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not since I was in high school...

Sep 23, 2016, 9:57 AM [ in reply to Anyone ever seen that before in a game? ]

Congratulations to the referee for getting it right... it was probably the ONLY time he was right all night!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm pretty sure most folks on here didn't know either.

Sep 23, 2016, 9:12 AM [ in reply to I'm pretty sure most folks on here didn't know either. ]

I am by no means a football expect, and while I have never seen it before, I was yelling safety as it happened simply because it indeed makes complete sense.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm pretty sure most folks on here didn't know either.

Sep 23, 2016, 12:32 PM [ in reply to I'm pretty sure most folks on here didn't know either. ]

I knew but only because I saw it happen on a kickoff in a high school game.

In their defense... I even thought that was a touchback, but

Sep 23, 2016, 9:05 AM

they are a bunch of NERDS!!!!!

He brought it out.***

Sep 23, 2016, 9:11 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I know that now... the application of the safety rule

Sep 23, 2016, 9:14 AM

totally makes sense there, but I just have never seen that type of safety before and I was pleasantly surprised at the result.

I would pay 10 bucks to hear that conversation right now.***

Sep 23, 2016, 9:09 AM

Re: You know you're at a GT game when...

Sep 23, 2016, 9:23 AM

I was cheering when that play happened and my wife looked at me and said that it was an interception. I then told her that it was but it then turned into a safety and I then had to explain it to her. By the time I had it explained the refs came back and said it was a safety. Was a weird play indeed.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They showed on TV last night.........

Sep 23, 2016, 9:24 AM

several times groups of Tech students waving pom-poms who looked like they had no idea what they were watching - were just talking with each other and not really watching the game.

I had a field day explaining that to the kids

Sep 23, 2016, 9:33 AM

As it happened in real time, I said "That's a safety". Then not a single word form the announcers as they are watching replays, neither of the talking heads recognizes the situation, and my family is looking at me oddly as I keep saying "safety" and have my hands above my head like I'm walking like an Egyptian.

I married into a non football family, but they're learning.

But I still don't understand how neither announcer caught it or mentioned it before the call was made 30 seconds later.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Same, I was yelling thats a safety refs, geez you suck

Sep 23, 2016, 9:44 AM

The rest of the family looked at me like I grew a third head or something. When the refs finally called it, they were like how was that a safety (had to explain he brought it back into the field of play on his own and fumbled it back into the end zone). I have seen it happen on a punt return, where they brought it out, got rocked, fumbled it through the back of the endzone for a safety, but I am not sure I have on an interception.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I had a field day explaining that to the kids

Sep 23, 2016, 10:04 AM [ in reply to I had a field day explaining that to the kids ]

If you think Jesse Palmer is paying attention to the game (as opposed to talking about himself) you're in for a huge disappointment! LOL.

Remember, Jesse only has two penalty calls: (1) "That's a good no-call" when analyzing what should be pass inteference against GT, and (2) "That was obvious pass inteference" when analyzing a call against a Clemson defensive back. He's from the SEC so he has a limited vocabulary!

50% of GT students barely speak English. Football = soccer??

Sep 23, 2016, 9:37 AM

nm

Sep 23, 2016, 12:56 PM

I knew something was wrong when the player ran out of the EZ and then fumbled, but I did not realize it was a safety until they explained it. Made sense at that point. I would have missed that call if I was the ref, and would have given the ball to GT on their 20.

Sep 23, 2016, 1:38 PM

I was disgusted and turned away. I didn't even notice that he was ever in the end zone.

Replies: 20
| visibility 2,188
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic