Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I'm just a little confused on what type of team we are , or
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1,018

I'm just a little confused on what type of team we are , or

Jan 27, 2014, 12:30 PM

trying to be.

Are we a pressing team ? Are we a pack the zone team ? Are we a run and gun team ? Are we a halfcourt team ? Sharpshooter from 3pt land team ? Feed the big men ?

Seems to me , we've got maybe 1 of each....we don't have a consistent 'group' working at one goal.

Kind of a jack of all trades, master of none thing.

Or maybe I just don't know d__k about basketball.

Help a brotha out...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

we're a patient team...

Jan 27, 2014, 12:35 PM

still waiting.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: we're a patient team...sadly the patient

Jan 27, 2014, 12:39 PM

appears to be in a coma though. :)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

now, now '74, drew's gonna throw his soccer ball at you if

Jan 27, 2014, 12:47 PM

you don't wipe that smile off you face.

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm just happy 74 isn't posting about the O-line today

Jan 27, 2014, 1:02 PM

Also DSP, who you got for the new Clemson basketball coach?

are we looking for a new one? when we are, i'll be happy

Jan 27, 2014, 1:03 PM

to let you know.

for now, we can watch this one's team quit in chapel hill.

Do you get to watch them win against Duke

Jan 27, 2014, 1:04 PM

Or does that not count anymore?

sure it does, right up until the blow outs at pitt & unc.

Jan 27, 2014, 1:17 PM

they were horrible displays as was fswho at home.

i didn't expect wins on the road[pitt, chapel hole], but this team was lost & it's been 3 or the last 5[?] with tallahassee looming.

you could deal with those or head to the store for more excuses, because i see the same ones as last year, the year before...

4th year in & people have good reason to wonder why this team is quitting.

Great win against Duke, and of course that counts

Jan 27, 2014, 1:24 PM [ in reply to Do you get to watch them win against Duke ]

But I would have preferred even being competitive in losses to Pitt and UNC. I think that would have shown we were a potential tournament team. Instead, we are left to wonder what type of team we really are.

Was the Duke game a fluke win for us, a fluke loss for Duke, or a sign that Clemson is a young team that will have severe ups and downs?

I think the last 4 games show that there's a lot of potential for this team, but anyone who concentrates on taking KJ out of the game and minimizing Nnoko will be successful in shutting us down.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

I think you see the role of experience in basketball

Jan 27, 2014, 1:26 PM

Which accounts for or wild fluctuations between home and road games.

Absolutely, but I can't help but have my doubts

Jan 27, 2014, 1:29 PM

about CBB. The biggest problem I see is either a complete lack of communication, or a bunch of players who just don't get it. For being a good defensive team, we are getting destroyed on defensive fundamentals. Additionally, the system on offense is breaking down completely over and over.

It could be due to panic in road environments. I don't know, but it needs to change.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Great win against Duke, and of course that counts

Jan 27, 2014, 9:33 PM [ in reply to Great win against Duke, and of course that counts ]

The biggest problem is the post/center.
No big man coach. Winiecki needs to go. Along with Steve Smith.

Uhm yea

Jan 27, 2014, 9:40 PM

Nnoko could barely tie his shoes last year and now has some nice post moves. You do realize that Nnoko was in the U.S. only for his junior and senior years of high school, don't you? Same with Djitte, two years of U.S. basketball, and I think Djambo wasn't in country long before junior college...so, they might be a little behind in the skills development part of the game. That's why the first 2 were considered projects with high upside that need time to develop.

Re: I'm just happy 74 isn't posting about the O-line today-

Jan 27, 2014, 1:15 PM [ in reply to I'm just happy 74 isn't posting about the O-line today ]

the day isnt over yet. you may jinx it. ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Depends, are we at home or on the road

Jan 27, 2014, 12:43 PM

At home:

Offense:

Against Man:
Half court motion, looking to free players off multiple screens for a free shot later in the shot clock. Or looking to isolate K.J. with motion to free up a driving lane.

Against Zone:
We play 3 out 2 in and look to flash a player to the free throw lane to play high low. We also look to swing the ball from side to side looking for an open 3.

On defense:

We play aggressive man to man, looking to push the offense out of their comfort zone. We also look to get into the passing lanes and turn teams over.

On the road:

Offense:

Panic, chuck it.

Defense:
I got him, you got him...wait...who had him

Re: I'm just a little confused on what type of team we are , or

Jan 27, 2014, 12:51 PM

Good point!

Replies: 15
| visibility 1,018