Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I'm gonna make you posters cry that want DW to start
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

I'm gonna make you posters cry that want DW to start

Sep 9, 2014, 1:51 PM

I guess in the fever pitch of the moment, and his uncanny success so far, you have failed to mention (or at least I have not seen it mentioned) his one major flaw. Yes - he has one, and it's a biggie.

Okay - have you watched him run? Oh - okay - go ahead and sit down and get your crying towel ready. Here goes...

He was injured during practice and missed Spring Ball. Okay, okay, it was just a fractured collar bone. No problem - right?

Well - as I watched him run so far, he runs pretty aggressively and puts himself in some awkward situations. Well guess what - if he keeps doing that for a while, he's going to be hurt again. No - I don't want to see that - I love the guy - he's our FUTURE. But - he is NOT ready. He had better learn how to run more safely, or we will be finding another FUTURE guy. Think Willie Korn - not pretty huh?

Whether you want to face the facts or not, the guy is not big enough yet to withstand the pounding he is going to take as a starter. You guys need to think thru that before declaring him the next Willie Korn (or Johnny Football). He needs to limit those hits. FSU is going to be totally different and he'd better learn to avoid those big hits before he goes to Doak.

Okay - this is a mean post and I apologize to the DW fan club, but let's hope DW learns quickly if your wishes come true. Thank goodness that Dabo understands things a lot better than the rest of us do. And let's hope that I'm just totally wrong. You can re-watch the games and watch for yourselves if that helps.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I will watch this thread

Sep 9, 2014, 1:56 PM

with anticipation

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Re: I will watch this thread

Sep 9, 2014, 1:57 PM

Dang - I thought I was on your IGNORE list.

what?

I've never ignored anyone

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Boooooooo

;) I hope this shows up as a yellow smiley face ive never used them on here.

You are booing the mods right? for letting ST post?***

Sep 9, 2014, 2:02 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

D@mn right! Give someone else a chance to post! The

Sep 9, 2014, 2:04 PM

guy before him had a great post!

Re: D@mn right! Give someone else a chance to post! The

Sep 9, 2014, 2:18 PM

Dang tough crowd. I expected more tears and less booing. There might be some hope for you guys after all.

Re: I'm gonna make you posters cry that want DW to start

Sep 9, 2014, 2:00 PM

What's Marcus Mariota's excuse then?

He plays in the PAC 12

I heard that they are soft.......:)

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson Football, the glory days are here!

Thats great ST- Who do you think we can

Sep 9, 2014, 2:01 PM

put on the field that is without risk of injury? I thought we wanted him to play football, no?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Be A NFL Guy Deshaun And Slide Baby Slide***

yeah like RG3! wait, nevermind***

Sep 9, 2014, 2:06 PM

Sep 9, 2014, 2:02 PM

I agree with you. I hope it never happens to him, but he certainly is a real target.

I'm pretty sure he's already bigger than Teddy Bridgewater

Sep 9, 2014, 2:13 PM

But that's besides the point. If the coaches didn't believe he couldn't take a hit, they wouldn't be calling designed run plays for him. It only takes one big hit to knock any player out with a substantial injury. The fact that they've put Deshaun into positions where they know he will take a shot suggests to me the coaches believe he can handle it.

are you suggesting that he doesn't trust the coaches??

Sep 9, 2014, 2:19 PM

how dare you

Sep 9, 2014, 2:15 PM

I don't have an opinion on who starts. I trust Swinney and Morris to make the right decision because they have seen a whole lot more than any of us. However, I don't believe they would have allowed him to play vs UGA if he (or his collar bone) was not ready. I think he will be ready when he is called into action.

it's a good thing stoudt can't run...then we'd have no QBs***

Sep 9, 2014, 2:17 PM

Sep 9, 2014, 2:33 PM

Wow you're really reaching to find an argument as to why DW shouldn't start. Now I will admit that I'm in the Watson camp on this but I have no problem with Cole starting vs FSU and I hope he plays great. but if he starts to struggle early and the coaches decide to put DW in and he makes things happen, then leave him in the game for more than one drive!

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic