Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I'm going to say this regardless but I'm sure I'll be fussed at
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1,855

I'm going to say this regardless but I'm sure I'll be fussed at

Nov 16, 2014, 2:33 PM

In my personal opinion , I think you start Cole stoudt the next game if he physically is able.

I think Cole should have been pulled last game immediately once things started getting out of hand and the coaches waited too long but I understand their hesitation.

But if Watson is hurt then you are limited on options. Cole in my opinion would be the best option. And no I'm not saying Cole is gonna go out and win any awards but I'd still go with him. here is why.....

Out of all of the qb's left on the roster , I'd guess that stoudt is the one with the most experience. And he has helped win several games this year. Not to mention, I think after the gt game, he would love nothing more than a chance to go out and make up for his last showing. This next game would give him another oppurtunity to work on things.

If I were Cole, I'd pour everything I had into georgia st and sc. Of course I'd prepare both qb's just incase but Id go with Cole and pull him if he doesn't play smarter. Put him on a short leash and gameplan to his strengths and put the ball in the running backs hands and go with it.

I'd bet money after this past nightmare of a showing, he bounces back.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm going to say this regardless but I'm sure I'll be fussed at

Nov 16, 2014, 2:39 PM

Bottom line is that Cole does not have the zip on the ball that he had before his shoulder even though it is on the opposite shoulder. Even watching a little bit of Nick, he had more zip on the ball. If we stick with Cole, morris needs to run a basic offense. The read option does not work for him. Unfortunately, Morris is crazy like the rest of us and will refuse to admit when he is wrong.

Nov 16, 2014, 2:41 PM

I agree he does tend to float passes. I'd like to see less of that for sure.

Regardless of Cole or Nick..OLine is weaker link imo!

Nov 16, 2014, 2:45 PM

But, I'm "All IN" and wish our Clemson Men the best in their effort.

GoTiGERS..git er done Men!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Honestly i never saw that zip even before he got hurt.***

Nov 16, 2014, 2:43 PM [ in reply to Re: I'm going to say this regardless but I'm sure I'll be fussed at ]

Nov 16, 2014, 3:12 PM [ in reply to Re: I'm going to say this regardless but I'm sure I'll be fussed at ]

WT: you're on the money. Cole can't pass anymore at least at the velocity and acuracy required in this level of football. You're right and it's just that simple.

I really don't want to spot the coots any points

Nov 16, 2014, 2:46 PM

I would rather go three and out than score 2 or more TDs for them. I would rather take my chances and go down in flames trying.

How many more...

Nov 16, 2014, 3:01 PM

pick-6's do you need to see before you finally say it's time to try something else? Stoudt stares down his receivers and makes terrible choices when throwing the ball. When your receivers are spending half their time playing defensive back, what more do you need to know? You "bet that he bounces back"... based on what? Enough is enough!! When the known entity is that bad, you can't be any worse off going with the unknown.

Get Nick the starting reps in practice for the next week and give us an outside chance at not spotting the coots two or more touchdowns.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How many more...

Nov 16, 2014, 3:08 PM

I guess I don't know if nick would be any more effective over the course of a game. I think if Watson is out then we need Someone to just manage the game so we have a shot. I know Cole played poorly yesterday but nick may have done just as poorly.

I just feel Cole may still be our best option.

the only ball he throws with any authority is

Nov 16, 2014, 3:04 PM

the take snap and immediately throw it to the sideline screen

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 16, 2014, 3:20 PM

Stoudt's main problem is in his head. His confidence and swag is gone. Looks like a completely different person from last year. Not sure you can straighten that out in 6 days.

Nov 16, 2014, 4:10 PM

Experience means little in this case. He has consistently missed wide open receivers and made poor choices with the ball. Need to try a different approach.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

I imagine this post is exactly like Dabo and CM

Nov 16, 2014, 4:21 PM

Having a chat before practice since Watson has been out. This makes me sick to my stomach for so many reasons. "Cole Stoudt would start for my team!" Said no FCS HC ever. How many more mistakes and game altering decisions do we let him make before going with any other option we have on our "deep team".

I will give Cole the respect he deserves. It's really NOT his fault. The injury bug is real...but I think our coaches/fans need to be smart enough to know when enough is enough. I can't imagine Cole would even want to play again...his stat line is absolutely horrifying.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TIGER BALLS.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1,855
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic