Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I'm completely sympathetic to KB's feelings
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,134

I'm completely sympathetic to KB's feelings

Sep 27, 2018, 6:21 AM

It was your last go around. You've done everything right and played well. Your coaches are saying the same things. Praising your play and commitment to the university. You're already splitting snaps, and the writing was on the wall that you were going to play less and less.

At some point you have to think they are saying your best isn't good enough.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm completely sympathetic to KB's feelings

Sep 27, 2018, 6:51 AM

All that is well and good but why leave the way he did? All this “ slap in the face” BS is what has most people feeling less than charitable towards our former QB. The cold, hard fact is this, this team can only WIN another Championsip with Treavor Lawrence, period. Why? Because our former QB is way too much about him, not the team. People need to understand, if this was about a better opportunity to play then he would have accepted Dabo’ offer and commitment to stay in the program, use facilities, training and provide the right kind of leadership with a commitment NOT TO PLAY. As it is now, he’s packed up and quit. No leadership, no loyalty to his “Bruh’s,” nothing but childish and self centered behavior. Sadly, with these vicious parting shots at Dabo and Clemson, this will be his legacy In the hearts and minds of most Clemson faithful. I guess that was his intent? Final comment, it’s not about him transferring but rather THE WAY he transferred. I pity him when things don’t go his way at his next team and he doesn’t get into the NFL. He!!, I’ve got a better chance at being an astronaut than he has of even entering the NFL, let alone playing.

Sep 27, 2018, 7:28 AM

I'm going to give Kelly the benefit of the doubt one last time here. My office has to deal with the Greenville News on a regular basis and we're often surprised how some of our personnel are "quoted." The "slap in the face" may or may not be his own words. It is entirely possible that the writer asked him "Do you consider this a slap in the face?" If he nodded, shrugged, or said "I guess so" they would attribute that as a direct quote.

I hope this young man will go forward with a good attitude, maintain his good character, and listen to the right people, wherever he ends up.

Sep 27, 2018, 7:57 AM

Maybe so, but KB hasn't said, "I never said that".

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 27, 2018, 7:54 AM

And it wasn't.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 27, 2018, 8:10 AM

It's like this, if you own two race horses. You train, feed, exercise both the same. Then you put both of them on the track and one consistently out performs the other, which horse would you enter in the Derby?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,134
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic