Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If the Republicans took their roles seriously
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

If the Republicans took their roles seriously

Feb 10, 2021, 9:12 PM

and were determined to hear the evidence BEFORE making up their minds, then I think the Dems have been making a solid case for conviction.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/5-takeaways-from-day-2-of-trumps-impeachment-trial/ar-BB1dzLqt?li=BBnb7Kz

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If the Republicans took their roles seriously

Feb 10, 2021, 9:17 PM

LOL. Impeach on the escalator, Russia, Phone call, “peaceful make your voices be heard”...JFC, are you for real, or trying out irony?

Anyway, a senator’s role is to represent their constituents. Period!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 11, 2021, 12:01 AM

keowee,

You have an 8th graders understanding of government.

Feb 11, 2021, 5:49 AM

If that.

And T3 has a Fascist's understanding of morality. Honestly he's a guy I would not even try to reason with if he ever crossed my path.

Feb 11, 2021, 7:22 AM [ in reply to Re: If the Republicans took their roles seriously ]

Hey I found my 8th grade social studies report...

“The Job of a Senator: Key Aspects

Represent Constituents
The most important job of a senator is to represent the people. A senator speaks with citizens about problems, concerns or suggestions they have for their district.

People elect their senators with the expectation that they will fight for legislation that is in the best interest of the average citizen.

Senators’ offices take phone calls and emails from citizens who want to share their opinions. They then review the information they receive to find out the stances of their constituents on various issues.”

Feb 11, 2021, 8:59 AM

Keowee,

Again, about an 8th grade level of understanding. Ifg you would like an intro to a broader AND deeper understanding of how this really works you might try this to start with:

https://courses.lumenlearning.com/os-government2e/chapter/congressional-representation/

Feb 11, 2021, 9:29 AM

Oh thanks for sending me a crapload of BS from academia. I love how liberals try to rewrite everything for whatever agenda they are pushing at the moment. I know their interpretation isn’t biased ??. Anyway, I only need a third grade understanding to know that an impeachment trial for someone out of office is a sham. Justice Roberts agrees.

Feb 11, 2021, 12:00 PM

keowee,

If you want a beyond grammar school understanding of our government, I am afraid you will have to be subjected to educated people. I don't know how else to educate you.

Here is a non-academic article pointing out the fallacy of your latest argument. I hope it is not TOO intellectual for you.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/meet-the-press/meet-other-american-who-was-impeached-tried-after-leaving-office-n1255516

Feb 11, 2021, 12:07 PM [ in reply to Re: If the Republicans took their roles seriously ]

Would your opinion on this impeachment be the same if BLM stormed and vandalized the Capital, murdered a police officer, and beat another one with a flag pole right after a Barack Obama "fight like hell" speech?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Objection

Feb 10, 2021, 9:19 PM

Feb 10, 2021, 9:29 PM

the whole thing aint serious

no SCOTUS

Feb 11, 2021, 9:42 AM

You people (the left) are so far gone... You live in the echo chamber. You can't think critically. You don't understand and/or see cause-and-effect relationships. You just are not that smart. You are gullible. You are naïve. You have a guilt complex for being white, being well-off, etc. You let emotion win over logic. You have a $hitty life and need to lift yourself up by putting others down. You would easily believe 2+2=5 if the echo chamber decided that were true. You would be the first to die or surrender in battle. You are uninformed.

As a group, this describes you. Not everyone has all these traits, but most have at least one critical flaw that leads you to the left.

An over-the-top example might be that crazy man Tom Friedman from the NYT, spouts crap that is totally irrational and you people soak it in. He must have quite a few of these left-wing traits.

Feb 11, 2021, 9:46 AM

Nope. I am still not a leftist. I just know Fascists when I see them. Which is you. What you believe in is not Democracy.

I am actually looking at this with something resembling hope.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-party-exclusive-idUSKBN2AB07P

Feb 11, 2021, 9:50 AM

are you serious that you believe he is a fascist?

also, a third party for folks like romney, haley, rubio, etc is a great idea

Feb 11, 2021, 10:12 AM

The dude has flat lost his mind. He's been in here ranting and raving worse than Miura the last few days. "Angry" and "radicalized" about conveys it, yeah.

He was already pretty far right, but he's crossed that line lately, yeah.

A Fascist doesn't believe in Democracy, and they'll follow Dear Leader and beat down anyone Dear Leader tells them to. NC would be right on board.

That is not what America is about, but it's where his head is right now. I really hope he would take a breath and take a step back and realize these people he's so angry at are other Americans.

Feb 11, 2021, 11:59 AM

You were ok with Kamala bailing out rioters in MN, so that they could burn down more livelihoods. I think you are confused on who is being “beat down” these days.

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic