Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Herbstreit moves up Clemson in his Top 4
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 5,207

FB Update: Herbstreit moves up Clemson in his Top 4

Oct 30, 2016, 9:49 AM

Herbstreit moves up Clemson in his Top 4

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Herbstreit moves up Clemson in his Top 4

Oct 30, 2016, 9:51 AM

Good on ya Herbie. I was wondering what you were thinking.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Herbstreit moves up Clemson in his Top 4

Oct 30, 2016, 9:51 AM

Nobody cares what you think herb... you and your what if's.

Makes no sense to have Bama above Clemson and Michigan

Oct 30, 2016, 9:52 AM

when you're looking objectively at this point.

Now, if Bama beats LSU, the case becomes stronger. If Bama wins out beating LSU and Auburn, then yes... put them at #1.

Re: Makes no sense to have Bama above Clemson and Michigan

Oct 30, 2016, 9:57 AM

Seriously?

Bama has one Top 25 win. Michigan and Clemson have 3.

Oct 30, 2016, 10:02 AM

Clemson has a win over a top 10 Louisville team and, now, a top 10 Auburn team on the road.

Bama just successfully passes the eye test in pretty much

Oct 31, 2016, 8:44 AM

every category. They've not only beaten everybody, they've beaten everybody comfortably. They're basically an NFL practice squad.

if Bama loses and does not win out, they drop from #1,

Oct 30, 2016, 10:03 AM [ in reply to Makes no sense to have Bama above Clemson and Michigan ]

So what difference does it make?

It just annoys me when media guys don't do their homework

Oct 30, 2016, 10:08 AM

and fail to look at reality.

The reality is that Bama has "looked impressive". The reality is that they also have only played one Top 25 team.

Michigan has beaten 3 Top 25 teams. Clemson also has but 2 of ours were road games.

Re: if Bama loses and does not win out, they drop from #1,

Oct 30, 2016, 12:20 PM [ in reply to if Bama loses and does not win out, they drop from #1, ]

The order of rank determines "who plays who" in the semi. #1 will play #4 and #2 will play #3.
Statistically, the #1 team has a higher probability of advancing to championship game.
If you noticed last year, even with a loss, Alabama was never considered the #4 seed so to prevent a Clemson / Alabama semi game.

Re: if Bama loses and does not win out, they drop from #1,

Oct 30, 2016, 12:33 PM

You're exactly right, and I believe they will work it this year to where there won't be any threat that Bama will have to play a team ranked just beneath them in the playoffs bc they want to make sure that Bama is in the top 2 come NCG time. You can bet we won't get a shot at Bama in a playoff games. It will be the winner between Clemson and Michigan playing Bama for the NCG, where they have more experience leading into that game than anybody in college FB. It's a let's pave the easiest path for Bama to win the NCG as they possibly can. That makes for record TV viewers!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 30, 2016, 10:53 AM [ in reply to Makes no sense to have Bama above Clemson and Michigan ]

Im all for being number 1 too. However why do you think bama shouldnt be number 1? Clemson and bama are the only two teams that have only lost 1 game each since 2014 and they beat us head to head in the natty. They rightfully deserve the number one spot until they lose a game.

Oct 30, 2016, 12:36 PM

I'm surely happy/glad you're not a sports writer!!!;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So why does previous season results have merit on the

Oct 31, 2016, 8:39 AM [ in reply to Re: Makes no sense to have Bama above Clemson and Michigan ]

current season?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

They are clearly the best team this year so far. Last year

Oct 30, 2016, 11:04 AM [ in reply to Makes no sense to have Bama above Clemson and Michigan ]

we lost but were probably the better team. This year, they are on another level and it would take an epic effort to beat them.

We have the best resume, but I still think Bama is the best

Oct 30, 2016, 12:22 PM [ in reply to Makes no sense to have Bama above Clemson and Michigan ]

team right now. And the fact they are returning champions, I agree they should be #1.

I thought we were the better team last year after our game with them. Things just didn't go our way.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We have the best resume, but I still think Bama is the best

Oct 30, 2016, 12:58 PM

Well sense the best team doesn't always win that one big game that's suppose to prove who is the best team bc the second best team got lucky as did Bama in last years NCG. Just maybe we will get lucky and win it all if we get the chance to play in that last game that tells who is the best team in the country on occasion!!!

The defending National Champ stays at #1 until another team

Oct 31, 2016, 8:35 AM [ in reply to Makes no sense to have Bama above Clemson and Michigan ]

takes the field and says otherwise.

Clemson has the best wins so far this season.***

Oct 31, 2016, 8:38 AM [ in reply to Makes no sense to have Bama above Clemson and Michigan ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Herbstreit moves Clemson

Oct 30, 2016, 11:15 AM

My take: makes NO difference!

But as a fan riding back from Tally, here's what I'm 'looking ahead' to (Oh yeah! I'm a fan, NOT a coach or player, so I can IF I choose to!):

I'm PULLING for a bama loss, and our Tigers to win out SO WE can play in Atlanta for the CFP semi!

Simple as that!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Re: Herbstreit moves Clemson

Oct 30, 2016, 1:06 PM

So you're just a fan and not a Clemson alum. Just checking to make sure that you're a better fan or just a plain O diehard loyal to the core Clemson fan ;) From what is said on here at times, there is a resounding difference you know, or as they say!!!;)

Is he on the playoff committee now?

Oct 31, 2016, 8:37 AM

Cause unless he is, his opinion really doesn't matter.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 21
| visibility 5,207
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic