Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I Would Love to See Kelly Come Back! Here's why...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

I Would Love to See Kelly Come Back! Here's why...

Oct 1, 2018, 11:34 AM

We forget these are 18-22 yr old kids making emotional tough choice. I'm sure Kelly had bad influences in his ear during everything. We all have that devil on our shoulder so to speak. I can see the writing on the wall and God's granted this kid a second chance to be apart of an organization and school that cares about him. I do care about him. I've met his family and sat with them during a game even. They are great people. Kind and loving people. Kelly is not a bad person. He made a knee jerk mistake and I know he's wishing he had done things differently. Even before TL went out. Sometimes the right things to do in life require the toughest sacrifice. Even if it means supporting someone else at the helm so your team keeps winning. Even if it means picking up the phone and saying " I'm sorry coach this team means the world to me and I let them down. Will you forgive me for my mistakes" . Kelly do the right thing and stay with this family. We will support you and have your back beyond football. Ask Tajh and CJ Spiller.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I Would Love to See Kelly Come Back! Here's why...

Oct 1, 2018, 11:36 AM

Unfortunately for him, that train left the station.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Oct 1, 2018, 12:04 PM

Unfortunately for him, that train left the station.

YUK! how ugly!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 1, 2018, 11:36 AM

I am with you. It may be an unpopular opinion, but Kelly is family.

Sometimes You Have to show "Tough Love" with Family***

Oct 1, 2018, 11:42 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

Oct 1, 2018, 11:38 AM

I agree with your point of view.

Oct 1, 2018, 11:39 AM

I'd love to see people here wake up and move on. KB has. Clemson has. Its over.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 1, 2018, 11:56 AM

Agreed. KB, Dabo, and most of Tigernet moved on a week ago. When will these needless threads stop?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Chase Brice needs a backup....Kelly, you available?

Oct 1, 2018, 11:40 AM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why would he want to. He wants to go to the NFL and

Oct 1, 2018, 11:48 AM

it will be hard to do from the bench

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 1, 2018, 11:49 AM

I’m like Dabo “ I don’t want to talk about players who are no longer with the team I only want to talk about those with the team I love Kelly but he is gone” we all have to live by our decisions and he left the team.End of story.

Oct 1, 2018, 11:49 AM

I’m like Dabo “ I don’t want to talk about players who are no longer with the team I only want to talk about those with the team I love Kelly but he is gone” we all have to live by our decisions and he left the team.End of story.

But other than that...

Oct 1, 2018, 11:56 AM

...I bet you're nothing like Dabo....probably don't have his great dance moves. ;)

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

how do you feel about 8 tracks and his baby cousin beta max?***

Oct 1, 2018, 11:50 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Although I agree with your sentiment

Oct 1, 2018, 11:50 AM

I don't see it happening.

If he wants to come back, however, I don't think Dabo should be the final word on allowing it. The senior class should have a closed meeting and make the decision for the team.

The bigger issue is that, now that Chase has been salted down against real high stakes competition, I'm not absolutely certain KB could win back the #2 spot.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That ship has sailed.***

Oct 1, 2018, 11:51 AM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That ship has sailed.- yes and it

Oct 1, 2018, 12:55 PM

crashed into a burning bridge in lake Hartwell and sank

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don’t see it at this stage. And we all have our opinions but

Oct 1, 2018, 11:53 AM

at the end of the day, I don’t see how anyone justifies not supporting what the coach and team decide. This would be their decision and I think it’s inappropriate to tell the coaches and players who have been with KB for years that they are making the wrong decision to take or not take KB back.

But again, I think it’s over. And that’s fine. We’re now lean at QB but I still think we have the team we need to win every game on our schedule.

null

Oct 1, 2018, 12:00 PM

So have you spoken with his family since the decision was made? Sitting with his family during a game is one thing, sitting with them during, or after he has made his decision is a totally different ball game.
And how do you know it was knee-jerk? He had two choices to make, both based on what the NCAA mandates with their new 4 games "Redshirt" policy.
And while it is true that he might have had some, as you put it, bad influences in his ear, he probably had some good advice as well. Thing is he did what he "thought" was "best for him".
After the game, Saturday Dabo was asked about the Kelly situation, and he said basically it was behind him, and he was moving on.
Dabo thinks it's time to move on. So do I.

Oct 1, 2018, 12:03 PM

BRING KELLY BACK!!!!!!!!!!!

I WANT US TO WIN!!! TO DO SO, WE NEED 2 GREAT QBs - one who can run!!!!!!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 1, 2018, 12:05 PM

For the Love of all that’s holy, our former QB is gone. I realize in this kinder, gentler snowflake world we unfortunately find ourselves living through all should be forgotten but no, regardless of age, a quitter is a quitter. Never forget that with all the words being said and posted on his behalf when it mattered the most, he TEXTED his coach his decision. He wasn’t even man enough to have a face-to-face with a man that loves him like a son. Bury this, it does no one on this team any good to keep ripping the bandage off this wound.

It is this type of helicopter parent mentalitly that

Oct 1, 2018, 12:06 PM

pushed KB into making the decision he made. At some point kids have to learn and accept that they are not always going to be the best at everything they do, even if they do everything that is asked of them.

Helicopter parenting is the reason we have so many "18-22 yr old kids" today. An 18yr old should be insulted if someone calls them a kid.

After TL was named the starter, KB probably went straight home and got advice from a helicopter parent who told him he was entitled to be the starter. The "slap in the face" comment probably originated with the same helicopter parent because that parent was going to be embarrassed their son was no longer the "starter".

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The road goes on forever and the party never ends...

Dead horse.

Oct 1, 2018, 12:10 PM

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Chad Kelly?

Oct 1, 2018, 12:15 PM

Why?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have mixed emotions about it

Oct 1, 2018, 12:21 PM

Sorry to be so harsh, but dude

Oct 1, 2018, 12:34 PM

You sound one of those stupid, advised women on Dr. Phil. He's gone, we're better without him, he showed who he was when things got tough. Grow a set.

He was given a second chance by Dabo.

Oct 1, 2018, 1:06 PM

Actually, he was given multiple second chances by Dabo:

1. When he was sick with his gastrointestinal issues, Dabo stood by him.
2. When he was struggling last year in some games to generate offense, Dabo stood by him.
3. When he struggled in the spring this year, including a horrendous spring game performance, Dabo stood by him.
4. When true freshman Trevor Lawrence outplayed him in fall camp, Dabo stood by him.
5. When Trevor outplayed him most of the first few games, Dabo stood by him by still letting him start and play a lot.
6. When he was clearly upset last Monday when Dabo told him that Trevor would be starting, Dabo stood by him by giving him the night off from practice.
7. When he showed up for the QB meeting on Tuesday but was MIA for practice immediately following, Dabo stood by him, even sending a couple of people to check on him to make sure he was okay.
8. When he texted Dabo to let him know he was quitting the team, Dabo stood by him by offering to let him remain a part of the team but not play, thereby preserving his redshirt.
9. When he said he didn't want to be on the team, Dabo stood by him by giving him until the next morning to reconsider.
10. When he told reporters that he was treated unfairly by the coaches and had a bad taste in his mouth, Dabo stood by him and talked about what a great player and person Kelly is.

I'm tired of reading all of this "we're family" crap to justify why Kelly should be allowed back on the team after olive branches have been repeatedly extended to him. Yes, we are family, but Kelly turned his back on his family multiple times despite being given repeated chances to rejoin the team. Dabo went out of his way to treat Kelly with respect, despite the fact that Kelly was very disrespectful to him. I appreciate what Kelly has done, but his position within the family is not automatically restored if he comes crawling back now.

I wish Kelly success wherever he lands, and in life, and appreciate all he has done for us. But Clemson has moved on, and Kelly shouldn't be part of that. Family means tough love at times, too.

Message was edited by: Judge Keller®

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

AMEN Judge! Enough is enough...

Oct 1, 2018, 1:10 PM

...at some point. And that point has passed.

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic