Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Jackson vs Francois
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

Jackson vs Francois

May 8, 2017, 11:18 AM

Everyone knows I'm big on Jackson. I was rooting for him last year after he played us. Even though we all thought DW should've won Heisman, you cannot take away what kinda season Lamar had. He earned that Heisman with his unbelievable play on the field.

With that said, between him and Francois who do you think will give us the toughest battle? I love how Lamar plays and like I said I support him but I'm going to have to go with Francois. Kid is tough as nails, he gets right back up after every jaw jarring hit he takes. He makes unbelievable throws and he has the feet to take off from the pocket.

When he played us last year I said FSU has their version of our DW. Another 2 years trying to defend Francois, hopefully he decides to go pro after his RS sophomore year like Jameis did.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Does BAMA have a new group of headhunters that don't

May 8, 2017, 11:28 AM

get called for targeting...? If so, Francois may not get past the first game. I certainly hope that's not the case, but it's highly possible if he gets treated the way DW4 got treated in the NC Game.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Does BAMA have a new group of headhunters that don't

May 8, 2017, 11:31 AM

jackson is much better imo at both running and throwing the ball.

Re: Does BAMA have a new group of headhunters that don't

May 8, 2017, 11:39 AM

He did better with less surrounding support from less gifted talent. Still, much (I'm told) of UL's talent will be new, so we will see.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Francois has potential but the only thing anyone can say positive about

May 8, 2017, 11:38 AM

Him is that he keeps getting up after getting hurt. Deshaun gets back up and then wins games. Francois has a lot to prove to me before I'm a believer. I will be the first to admit his line sucked and so if they play better so likely will he. Jackson is an unbelievable athlete and is very difficult to tackle. I do think that for some reason their equation was solved the way they fell off so bad last year. Is there something that they gave up on film to us that allowed a lousy Virginia team to beat them for 3 quarters? Not sure. Will be interesting to see both. I do think they are the class of the acc along with us. Virginia Tech on the whole is on the rise but a lot to ask first time starting qb to be a big difference maker. I was actually afraid of Evans. I think he made a career ending mistake.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Francois has potential but the only thing anyone can say positive about

May 8, 2017, 11:47 AM

I was scared of @ VTech too until I found out Evans declared. Yea I believe he should've came back anther year, but someone on here said he needs provide for his family but I don't even think he's gonna be able to do that.

I would believe that his family is in s tough situation.

May 8, 2017, 11:50 AM

But could make the difference btw millions guaranteed vs possibility of nothing.

Re: I would believe that his family is in s tough situation.

May 8, 2017, 12:03 PM

Agreed. Definitely should've came back.

I didn't even know he declared until after the draft. Easily could've been top 5 QB next season.

Really? That's all you can say positive is that he gets back

May 8, 2017, 12:03 PM [ in reply to Francois has potential but the only thing anyone can say positive about ]

up?

3350 yards, 8.4 YPA (higher than Watson last year btw), 20 TDs, and 7 picks as a FR is pretty darn good. And he did that behind a bad offensive line that was letting him get crushed.

Re: Really? That's all you can say positive is that he gets back

May 8, 2017, 12:23 PM

Well maybe I didn't want to do all that. Thanks for putting his impressive numbers up though, it's appreciated.

Kid is a straight up baller.

Impressive stats I'll agree just funny how every time I hear someone

May 8, 2017, 12:32 PM [ in reply to Really? That's all you can say positive is that he gets back ]

Mention him it's he can take a hit. But agreed those are great.

Re: Impressive stats I'll agree just funny how every time I hear someone

May 8, 2017, 12:47 PM

I mean it's true lol. Most QBs wouldn't get back up and ball out like Francois did. That's a good trait to have if you're a QB

Re: Francois has potential but the only thing anyone can say positive about

May 8, 2017, 12:09 PM [ in reply to Francois has potential but the only thing anyone can say positive about ]

jacksons stats were over inflated due to petrino not pulling starters after building big leads.....we rarely saw watson in the forth quarter unless the game was close.......louisville fell apart at the end of the yr due to lack of depth.

Both will need to fasten their chinstraps well

May 8, 2017, 11:51 AM

Our D is pretty sick. Win or lose it will be fun to watch the D this year.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

While I agree our defense has the potential to be sick

May 8, 2017, 12:22 PM

we still had alot of games last year where we gave up alot of points. Its not like we shut all opposing offenses down. Alot of teams scored on us. I will say that our defensive line will be stellar but how can you be sold on our def backfield? I know they'll have experience but I don't think we are some lock down everyone to 14 points style defense.

Our basic reasoning is because we return alot. Which is true. But those guys did give up some points last year.

off the top: Troy, Louisville, FSU, Pitt, Vtech, bama. All seemed to be able to score on our defense. Granted there are some good teams in there but we don't think about our defensive break downs because we had a QB that would go win those games. This year we probably wont' get that every time so some of ya'll thinking teams won't score on us need to go back and look at last years inefficiencies.

Not saying we won't be improved but we ain't gonna be shutting every team down. If we had a Mackenzie and Cordrea in the defensive backfield then maybe i'd be more optimistic about a shut down defense but..we still gotta score a good amount of points to win folks.

Re: While I agree our defense has the potential to be sick

May 8, 2017, 12:45 PM

You do know we gave Louisville a extra 5 possessions off of our 5 turnovers?
We gave Pitt 4 extra possessions, Alabama 2 or 3 can't remember off the top of my head. FSU we only had 1 turnover, it was just a dog fight between two good teams.

Even really good defenses have those games where

May 9, 2017, 9:57 AM [ in reply to While I agree our defense has the potential to be sick ]

they struggle. Bama had trouble with both Ole Miss and Clemson two years in a row. Our great 2014 D struggled with UGA and UNC. We had a handful last year as you mentioned. Our D finished 6th overall in S&P+ last year and the gap between 3 and 6 was small. That's still really good despite getting into a few shootouts.

I'm basically agreeing with you, but we could absolutely have a "sick" defense next year and still have 2-3 games where we give up 30+. That's why we aren't just going to waltz to 10-11 wins even with an incredibly good defense. The offense still needs to be very good because there will absolutely be 2-3 games where they need to score 30+ for us to win.

Re: Jackson vs Francois

May 8, 2017, 12:09 PM

Fransico ive never watched a freshmen takenthat big of a beat down big hit after big hit every game and every time he got back up I have so much more respect for fransico plus I think FSU is the better team Louisville is lemar and the other guys now they lost everyone plus as you saw towards end of season we payed blueprint on how to beat lemar

Francois gonna have scrambled eggs for brains, hit too much***

May 8, 2017, 12:24 PM

Dude.....never bet on a French quarterback.***

May 8, 2017, 12:25 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Frenchy is Legit

May 8, 2017, 7:31 PM

I was very impressed with him from early in the season. He did quite well for a freshman that got sacked every possession. Dude can play.

May 8, 2017, 7:42 PM

I call bullshite on action jackson winning the Heisman on the field. That would be the championship QB, DW4. And shouldn't have been close.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

May 8, 2017, 8:09 PM

Both of them.....

Will be running for their lives all night long when they face....

Our front 7.

That.....is all you need to know! ??

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic