Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Charter/Spectrum ACC Network Facts versus Speculation
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 4,676

Charter/Spectrum ACC Network Facts versus Speculation

Aug 23, 2019, 11:37 AM

I created this message based on my experience over the last few days with Spectrum. I hope that it separates some of the facts/speculation. I am in Simpsonville, SC. The ACC Network is still not working for me but supposedly will activate soon after changes I made this morning.

Facts:

1) Spectrum has done an absolutely awful job of rolling this out. They have not provided their customer service people with facts to help them deal with the issues.
2) You DO NOT need to upgrade to Silver or Gold to get the ACC Network in the Simpsonville area. See Spec # 2 below for details. It is possible this might be different for other locations but I was told today that the ACC Network was part of the TV Select package which is the basic cable. I think that the confusion has come about because Spectrum has done a poor job of clarifying this even for their Customer Service people.
3) The reason for confusion about the launch date is that they did launch last night in the ACC area; however, it appears that they may not be launching it everywhere at the same time.

Speculation/Assumptions

1) It appears that people who have had their cable service for a longer period of time are in "Legacy" programs. Spectrum is telling us we need to move into the new pricing system to get the ACC Network working. I have no idea why this is but that is the latest story they are selling.

2) One of my co-workers and I compared our Spectrum bills yesterday. We both had TV Select for the same price. We both had charges for DVR receivers for the same price (I had 5 and he had 4). We both had DVR service for the same price. Then I had Digi Tier 2 for $12 which I got several years ago to get ESPNU. (He does not get ESPNU.) We are both in Simpsonville. Last night his ACC Network was working after the launch, and mine is still not working. The explanation I got from Spectrum after over an hour on the phone was that he must have been in the new pricing system, and I was not. This is probably correct because I was switched over to the new system and the base prices and what they called things were exactly the same so you could not tell the difference between the old and new systems for the basic items.

3) Another friend had the same legacy pricing issue. He was told that he needed to convert to the new system PLUS replace his DVR receivers to get the ACC Network to work. I don't know if this is necessary yet but I will update once I get mine to work.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Charter/Spectrum ACC Network Facts versus Speculation

Aug 23, 2019, 11:54 AM

Just talked with Spectrum here in Austin and they plan to roll out the ACCN on September6.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 23, 2019, 12:08 PM

I’m a 20+ year subscriber with the lowest of the three levels(select). Same as you I have digital tier 2 for ESPN U and NFL network.

Was told last night I needed Digital Tier 1 to get the ACC Network. (it didn’t come on for me at the time it was launched). So instead of upgrading to silver at $20 more per month. I got Digital Tier 1 for $12 per month. Once activated, I got many more channels but no ACC Network. Will be back on the phone with them tonight. Smh.

Message was edited by: NorthwestPurple®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I went through this last night.

Aug 23, 2019, 12:08 PM

There are numerous channel/service packages (select/silver/gold, etc.). I have had "Silver" for years. I was not able to get ACCN last night, so I did an online chat with Spectrum cust service and was told I should be getting the ACCN. Instead, when I tuned to channel 341 as instructed, there was a message that I did not subscribe to ACCN, and would have to upgrade to "Gold Package" for an additional $20/mo. The rep said that was not correct. It took about 20 minutes, but it was determined that I had the Legacy Pricing Package, and needed to switch to the newer "SPP Pricing Package". It was almost exactly the same price as what I was currently paying, and my channels all stayed the same. And just like that, I had the ACCN.

Apparently there are channel/service packages, and then there are pricing packages. I'm pretty sure they make all of this as confusing and convoluted as possible so that it makes it almost impossible for the consumer to compare different options.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Agree with that last paragraph whole heartedly.***

Aug 23, 2019, 12:10 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I went through this last night.

Aug 23, 2019, 12:26 PM [ in reply to I went through this last night. ]

Yep, exactly the same for me in the lower priced Select pkg.

Was legacy, but as soon as they switched me to the SPP pricing I had ACCN on the Select level.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I went through this last night.

Aug 23, 2019, 1:50 PM [ in reply to I went through this last night. ]

When they switched you to the new pricing plan, did ACCN start working right away? They switched me this morning. It's now been several hours and still not working.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes - immediately.***

Aug 23, 2019, 2:43 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Also agree that Spectrum has done an awful job

Aug 23, 2019, 12:16 PM

rolling this out. I think their whole pricing/channel package structure is so convoluted that even their own people can't possibly understand it.

- H. L. Mencken

Aug 23, 2019, 12:27 PM

You are definitely right about other areas not getting it until later. Ohio (where I live) isn't getting it until the 6th. We're probably a very low priority since we're a B1G conference state, not ACC. Also, we will need at Silver to have access it once it becomes available on the 6th. They probably assumed that anyone in Ohio would be willing to fork up extra cash for the higher tier'd packages because they love CFB/their ACC team. Well that's not gonna fly with me. Just ordered a Roku stick and will be switching to a free YouTube TV trial next week and see what streaming platforms I like more.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My experience was different

Aug 23, 2019, 12:31 PM

I called a week or so ago and they said they were rolling it out and to just sit tight. They said it would take a few days but not to worry, it was a done deal.

Most on here got it sooner than me. The channel showed up yesterday and it worked late last night.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 23, 2019, 1:35 PM

I recently moved from Spartanburg to West Columbia. I have been with Spectrum for 18 years. I had the Silver package and upgraded to Gold when we moved. My cable bill dropped $40 and I have the ACC network. I'm not sure I understand why different locations are different prices!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 23, 2019, 3:44 PM

"I had the Silver package and upgraded to Gold when we moved."

Maybe they put you in as a new customer when you moved and now you're getting the 12 month introductory pricing with the Gold package?

Aug 25, 2019, 10:55 PM

This is just an update to help any people still with issues. I finally got the ACC Network to work. To repeat I am in Simpsonville, SC and was an older "legacy" account with just TV Select plus tier 2 to get ESPNU and some other sports channels.

After multiple calls, they finally transitioned me to the "new pricing structure". It was basically the same amount for similar features; however, the Internet speed was going to be faster so I need a new modem to take advantage of that. I told them that I would exchange the modem instead of them sending me one. They said ACCN should work right away but may take up to 24 hours for it to start working.

I waited the 24 hours and ACCN was still not working so I called again. What they figured out was that since I had not yet changed the modem, there was still an open work order in the system. Because of that, ACCN was not working. She then went into the system and did something to separate the TV from the Internet work order, and ACCN started working right away on all of my TVs. I still haven't had time to get the new modem but ACCN is working.

I still can't get it to stream but it seems like that is another technical issue they are working on. I thought this might help others with "Legacy" plans. If it doesn't work right away when they switch you to the new pricing system, it could be due to an open work order.

Aug 26, 2019, 12:40 AM

Geez, reading all of this complicated pricing, tiers, geography, customer service, etc. is enough to give me nightmares.

So grateful I cut the cord 5 years ago and no longer have to deal with cable and satellite companies.

I have YouTube TV and ACCN worked perfectly from the jump. No hassle required.

Really? Who provides your "non cable" internet?***

Aug 26, 2019, 10:04 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

#2 not always true

Aug 26, 2019, 10:02 AM

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/I-signed-up-for--Charter-Spectrum-in-Greenville-SC-in-2002-25830529

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Replies: 16
| visibility 4,676
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic