Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ND defensive coordinator
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 3,938

ND defensive coordinator

Dec 14, 2020, 8:53 PM

Will be the next Vanderbilt head coach. Is that the excuse ND needs when Trevor and Travis hang 50 on them?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ND defensive coordinator

Dec 14, 2020, 9:05 PM

Yes!

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/thread/ND-DC-taking-Vandy-job-2042372

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 14, 2020, 9:20 PM

I think if Clemson blows this one open it will look more like the 2018 game than a 49-21 game. Maybe 31-10? I don’t think it would be our defense that gives way, unless left on the field a ton, but rather our offense that is stymied by Venables. Kelly has a habit of sometimes bringing poor offensive game plans and then never getting it going, especially against talented defenses like the one Clemson has.

Also, everyone is licking their chops at over 61, but I’m thinking the under hits by a bit.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’m not assuming we blow out ND, but I agree that I see

Dec 14, 2020, 9:43 PM

any big lead to be the result of BV and a healthy Clemson D really flustering ND.

null

I want Ian Book to throw at least 3 INTs and be sacked at least 5 times.***

Dec 14, 2020, 9:48 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Misspelled 10 sacks. You’re welcome***

Dec 14, 2020, 9:56 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’m not greedy.***

Dec 14, 2020, 10:00 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: I want Ian Book to throw at least 3 INTs and be sacked at least 5 times.***

Dec 14, 2020, 10:02 PM [ in reply to I want Ian Book to throw at least 3 INTs and be sacked at least 5 times.*** ]

Blitzing Book with big numbers is often the wrong move. If you can simulate pressure with four or five he sometimes gets uncomfortable, even if there is no clear path to him. He still tends to be too cautious with the ball. I bet you that Venables drops 7-8 into coverage frequently.

Dec 14, 2020, 10:23 PM

I agree. No discredit to ND, but BV has been known to be dangerous with time to prep. He’s a film nut of course. It will be interesting and challenging against a tough ND OL. The biggest difference on D will be Skalski though. He plays a complete game healthy and it could be third-fourth string 4th qtr for the Tigers.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 14, 2020, 10:41 PM

They’re going to have to find ways to confuse Kyren Williams too. His pass protection pick ups in the first game were the best I’ve ever seen out of a college back:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RezxLLgVLGg

Dec 15, 2020, 10:47 AM

I agree that Williams was amazing in the first game picking up the blitz.

One area where I could see a change is with Tyler Davis back for Clemson and ND's starting Center out for the game.

If support has to be given to the Center, it could make things a little tougher than the last game where all of your OL essentially held their 1 on 1 for pass plays.

I think Tyler Davis will have to play a massive game to give Clemson the upper hand in terms of the DL vs OL battle when ND has the ball.

Dec 15, 2020, 10:54 AM [ in reply to Re: I want Ian Book to throw at least 3 INTs and be sacked at least 5 times.*** ]

TheGipper said:

Blitzing Book with big numbers is often the wrong move. If you can simulate pressure with four or five he sometimes gets uncomfortable, even if there is no clear path to him. He still tends to be too cautious with the ball. I bet you that Venables drops 7-8 into coverage frequently.

We going to stop little baby gump that is for sure with our linebackers...

Dec 15, 2020, 10:42 AM

If saban can use losing an assistant excuse, so can they

Replies: 12
| visibility 3,938
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic