Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I thought Dabo was the only one who pulled scholarships for
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 2,880

I thought Dabo was the only one who pulled scholarships for

Jul 29, 2012, 8:12 PM

visiting: Coots criticized us and look at this:

Golson and USC marriage on shaky ground

USC commitment LB Brandon Golson said last week he was still committed to USC despite taking a visit to Texas A&M. But that commitment appears to be on shaky ground from both sides. USC apparently is telling Golson his spot may not be saved if he continues making visits.

“The kid is going to be alright if they want to play hardball,” Golson’s high school coach at Calhoun County Walt Wilson said this week. “He wants to be a Gamecock but they said they are going to be filled up. The kid may have to make another decision. It ain’t like he doesn’t have other opportunities.”

Wilson said Golson will visit Arizona this week and will also visit Kansas State. Wilson said he talked the situation over with USC recruiter Joe Robinson at the high school coaches clinic and told him Golson wants to go to USC but also wants to see some places he’s never seen before.

Copied from goupstate.com

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I thought Dabo was the only one who pulled scholarships for

Jul 29, 2012, 8:52 PM

He should hope the coots pull the offer. It would be a tremendous gift.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All I know about the coots recruiting is that they have 6 LB

Jul 29, 2012, 8:55 PM

with verbals. 3 of them are highly ranked, don't know if he is one of them, but wouldn't shock me if they didn't want to sign 6 LBs.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Why is a state paper so interested in Southern Cal?***

Jul 29, 2012, 8:55 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 29, 2012, 11:04 PM

I follow Texas A&M because a lot of my family went there, and as of 2 weeks ago when Golson visited A&M, in the follow up interview he stated he was no longer committed to SC due and considered A&M his leader. If his scholly is pulled, it's because Golson pulled the plug and not USuCk.

Exactly

Jul 30, 2012, 6:31 AM

the Texas A&M also reported those comments from Golson....afterwards, Wilson and/or Golson was stated by Kornblut as still being committed to USC, and things cooled down a little. Then Golson visited elsewhere, and comments keep popping up at those dedicated fan sites that he keeps telling everyone that he's not a true USC commit.

USC hasn't pulled his offer, despite all this and the fact that these visits weren't discussed with USC's coaches in advance (one of the things that's required by Swinney for CU commits to visit elsewhere). But USC recruiting sites like GamecockCentral.com have removed Golson as a commitment, and it's looking like USC is starting to move on...

Re: Exactly

Jul 30, 2012, 6:32 AM

The Texas A&M Rivals site also reported those comments, I meant to type....

Jul 30, 2012, 10:09 AM

I just checked out their Rivals site and he is no longer listed as a commitment. FWIW

Replies: 7
| visibility 2,880
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic