Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How many more games do we need to win to get in the NCAA tournament?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 1

How many more games do we need to win to get in the NCAA tournament?

Feb 22, 2020, 9:17 PM

Nm

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All of them. It's not happening.***

Feb 22, 2020, 9:20 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: All of them. It's not happening.***

Feb 22, 2020, 9:25 PM

I was thinking the remaining regular season games and 1 ACC tournament game.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We have too many horrible losses.***

Feb 22, 2020, 9:31 PM

Re: We have too many horrible losses.***

Feb 22, 2020, 9:33 PM

With our starting PG out for most of them which does matter to the committee. If we beat FSU that would be huge. Would be better if one of those big Ws were on the road tho.

But, I disagree !

Feb 22, 2020, 9:58 PM [ in reply to We have too many horrible losses.*** ]

Its how you FINISH !

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Assuming you mean we win our conf tourney... I agree,

Feb 24, 2020, 12:55 PM

But we aint.

Re: All of them. It's not happening.***

Feb 24, 2020, 2:02 PM [ in reply to Re: All of them. It's not happening.*** ]

I can't believe I'm saying this . . but if we beat Florida St and get to 20 wins . I think we will get in.

Re: How many more games do we need to win to get in the NCAA tournament?

Feb 22, 2020, 9:31 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 23, 2020, 9:27 AM

All of them, the ACC Tournament champion gets an automatic bid. The committee will look at the early (bad) loses even though we had numerous players injured. Also the ACC is weaker this year than most. The so called experts are saying only 4 teams from the ACC in the Tournament.

Feb 22, 2020, 9:32 PM

Forget about it. Wishful thinking

Feb 22, 2020, 9:34 PM

Why would you say that? If we are 20-13 after the ACC tourney or even 19-14 we would certainly be on the bubble.

I agree with this***

Feb 23, 2020, 10:03 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: I agree with this***

Feb 23, 2020, 10:30 AM

Yessir. There are plenty of bubble teams right now with 10 Ls. We only have 12. Have most of them lose a couple games and we keep winning and we are right there in it. Ofcourse us winning the last 4 regular season games is unlikely but it could happen the way we are playing.

Feb 24, 2020, 2:02 PM [ in reply to Re: How many more games do we need to win to get in the NCAA tournament? ]

20 wins with another top win ( FlaSt ) and we are in.

5 would mean we close with an 8 game winning

Feb 22, 2020, 9:40 PM

streak, unprecedented in ACC play for us. If that per chance happens, we're getting talked about for sure. 6 would probably mean a win over a tourney team in the ACCT and clinch it. Would also mean a trip to the finals

Re: 5 would mean we close with an 8 game winning

Feb 22, 2020, 9:44 PM

Ofcourse it is unlikely but the way this team is playing you never know. I think we can lose a regular season game and still get in if it is not against FSU and if we win atleast 2 in the ACC tourney.

We would need a consistency we haven't

Feb 22, 2020, 9:48 PM

shown all season, but the team has proven it can play at a high level. Now, to do it night in and out. That's the unproven thing

I was thinking more like 2

Feb 22, 2020, 10:29 PM

this year and 22 next season

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 22, 2020, 10:30 PM

I would bet anything coach Brownell and Tigers will be in that mode of thinking one game at a time.Feel though that the NCAA selection committee will most likely look at how you did in your last 10 games and those 10 games would include what the Tigers did in the ACC Tournament also and then getting to 20 Wins is a definite.

Feb 22, 2020, 10:33 PM

I can guarantee we'll be invited to the big dance if we win the ACC Tournament.

So, you're saying we have a chance!!!***

Feb 22, 2020, 10:36 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 22, 2020, 11:56 PM [ in reply to Re: How many more games do we need to win to get in the NCAA tournament? ]

Wouldn't that be nice,if you're the Clemson Tigers just save yourself the trouble of speculation and just win what gets you the automatic bid.Sure would be nice to see a Clemson Basketball team whether it be this year,next or some day finally get that monkey of their back and win an ACC Tournament Title for the very first time.It will happen at some point just like the streak ending in Chapel Hill,it won't go on for eternity.

4 or 5 to win the ACC Tournament***

Feb 23, 2020, 7:59 AM

Feb 23, 2020, 9:36 AM

If we win out in the regular season and win enough games in the ACCT to get to 20 wins, I think we might have a shot. The bubble is very weird this year and despite the bad losses, wins over UL, Duke and potential win over FSU would have to look good.
Team is playing very well right now.... hopefully they can keep it up.

I think we need three of these next four to be on the bubble.

Feb 23, 2020, 10:01 AM

We would be 17-13 overall, 11-9 in the ACC. Not outstanding at first glance. I don’t think our NET will be great. However, the details would help us. We would have won 6 of our last 7 games. We would have at least two top 5 wins. There is no doubt that we are playing NCAA Tournament level basketball the last few weeks.

Several teams got in last year with NET rankings way below ours last year, not on the strength of their overall or conference records, but on the strength of our their quality wins. We will have that going for us.

I still think it’s a long shot, but I don’t think we have to win the ACC Tournament to get in.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: I think we need three of these next four to be on the bubble.

Feb 23, 2020, 9:11 PM

Top 5 wins are not a criteria and Clemson has ZERO Top 5 wins.

In your scenario, Clemson would finish the season with 14 losses (minus winning the ACCT)
Only 8 teams in 30 years have lost 14 games and still received an at large bid. Clemson's overall work is no where close to what it takes to lose 14 and still get a bid.

Clemson has to win the ACCT, nothing else matters at this stage. Same as USC. win the SECT or see when the NIT wants your arena for a home game.

Today I don't even have Clemson as an NIT team much less close to an at large NCAA.

That’s nice, but you can’t convince me that such a strong finish to our season

Feb 23, 2020, 10:09 PM

with several really good wins wouldn’t get us some consideration by the selection committee.

People say that total wins/losses, conference record, etc. don’t matter anymore. Instead, they talk about NET and KenPom and all that. Okay, if that’s true, how did St. John’s get in last year with both a NET and KenPom below 70?!? They had quality wins.

Re: That’s nice, but you can’t convince me that such a strong finish to our season

Feb 24, 2020, 1:37 PM

Tell em JK. We had the majority of our Ls with our starting PG out. Another L was with our best player out. They look at that when selecting teams. We would have finished as good as any team in the country if we win 3 of the next 4. We would have 3 quad 1 Ws if we beat FSU which is pretty dang good. Ofcourse we need some bubble teams to lose and we need to win some in the ACC tourney as well but we would certainly be in the conversation if we are 19-14 or 20-14. Would be best if we win out the regular season.

All of them. Plus three more.***

Feb 23, 2020, 4:32 PM

Feb 23, 2020, 5:08 PM

19 wins if one of the losses is GT or VT in the regular season. That would mean Clemson beat a top 15 team in the qtr final. 19 with a qtr final loss is a bubble situation

Feb 23, 2020, 7:04 PM

I think if we make the final of the ACC Tourney, we will get in !!

Feb 24, 2020, 2:21 AM

I’d say at least 5 more wins does it.

Route 1: Wins @GT, @VT, vs. GT. Finish 11-9 in conference good for the #5 seed. Beat 12/13* winner and beat #4 VA**. 19-14 overall, 11-11 vs Quads 1 and 2. Estimated Net Ranking 52.

Route 2: Sweep @GT, vs. FSU, @VT, and vs. GT. Finish 12-8 in conference, get #5 seed.
Beat 12/13* winner in Tourney. 19-13 overall, 11-11 vs Quad 1 and 2, estimated net ranking of 45.

Note* all teams in the ACC accept BC are top 100 NET. That means any victory in the ACC Tourney will be at least a Quad 2 win.

**UVa is currently 51 NET. If they finish the season top 50, then a neutral side victory over them would projects as a QUAD victory.

Feb 24, 2020, 1:18 PM

There are many more possible routes but ChuckOldSchool's Route 1 or 2 seem to be the most likely.

Replies: 33
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic