Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I think the plan for Clemson and Ohio is to load the box
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

I think the plan for Clemson and Ohio is to load the box

Dec 22, 2019, 9:17 PM

I think both teams will be able to stop the run but we will have the advantage in the air .
Clemson wins by 3 touch downs ..

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson Is Coming" says Stephone Anthony (Class 2011)"
"Why NOT Clemson"
"Why Not Dabo"

Re: I think the plan for Clemson and Ohio is to load the box

Dec 23, 2019, 3:34 AM

Double that and add 1 to make it God’s number 7.

Let’s go!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Dec 23, 2019, 7:18 AM

Stopping the run will be key for both teams. Unfortunately, both teams can also air it out all over the field, so loading the box probably won't get you very far. I think the teams that can slow down the run without loading the box will be most successful.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DL depth will have to show

Dec 23, 2019, 7:43 AM

OSU recruits well - but I don't know that they have played as far into their depth chart as we have. Sure they have had back ups in their blow out wins. But, I often saw Dobbins and Fields and defensive starters in 4th qtr highlights in blowout wins. Our back up DL and other areas have rotated in as early as the 1st qtr 2nd series. Nyles and Jordan and Tyler will have to occupy blocks at a high level to allow the LB's to flow to the football. You won't completely stop Dobbins - he is too good. But, maybe hold him to 75 yards or less and I love our chances. Put Fields in predictable passing downs - blitz him smartly - live with the results! Hopefully we can create looks pre-snap that has him chasing ghost and eventually not trusting his eyes!

The offense will have to block well! Block well for Etienne and co. or no less than pass block well. They have NFL type corners but we have NFL type WR's who have played against Saban's press coverage. The coaches have coached against Grantham's style defense as well. You know to expect re-routes and hand fighting off the line to disrupt timing! We will employ the tactics to defeat those tactics. If Travis goes over 100 yards and TL is able to use his legs for 1st downs we win this game big.

My Keys:

**TL extend plays or scramble for yards.
**TE9 getting over 115 yards(i know, i know).
**Our DL clogging up running lanes.
**Getting TFL and making the TFL pay off by making them punt.
**Don't turn the ball over: get at least 1 turnover.

It's been well documented - the OSU pass blocking leaves a lot to be desired. But, Fields is mobile so he creates off of: "unscripted offense"! He does a good job of keeping his eyes downfield for big plays. But, what if the message all bowl practice is forget about helping if he starts to scramble keep your eyes on the WR? Make him have to run it and hit him hard(not dirty) when he takes off. Key is stopping Dobbins before he gets going which is easier said than done. Sell out to stop the run if we have to to put them in passing downs. Then come with a patented BV style blitz since they have shown they don't do a good job in this area.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: DL depth will have to show

Dec 23, 2019, 11:14 AM

Ohio State is loaded with 4 and 5 star recruits 2 and 3 deep, just like Clemson is.
Also like Clemson, it’s all speed guys from the south....all the skill kids are from Fla, Ga, Tx, etc. great many of the front 7 guys on defense too

Re: DL depth will have to show

Dec 23, 2019, 11:15 AM [ in reply to DL depth will have to show ]

And they rotate frequently and have all year, not just garbage time.

Dec 23, 2019, 11:27 AM

I think 3 TDs is a bit silly...

They must neutralize the run game period. I think we will see a mix of both zone and man on the corners to show different looks to Fields..Confusion is the name of the game when it pertains to Fields...You MUST force him to make a decision, especially on an unintended read...Whats that? Force him to go through his progression and make bad decisions...If Fields' first look isn't there he jumps into straight panic mode...watch the film

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Dec 23, 2019, 12:48 PM

That's wrong. He is very much not in panic mode, which is why he takes sacks and doesn't throw picks. He is a bit slow going from read to read but he very rarely panics or does something dumb.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic