Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
AD. Needs to step up
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

AD. Needs to step up

Dec 9, 2014, 10:21 AM

AD needs to step up and explain to the faithful how and why the ACC and Clemson got manipulated in this bowl mess. What is it going to take including winning against them to stop the sec/ESPN running the complete football program. Rad, come clean and
tell us what you are going to do differently going forward. It is great to get 46 mill fir the conference but that movement of miss st was a pure underhanded move to get more money for the sec and at the same time knock us down, it would be good for us to win one of theses fights rather than always getting the short end of the stick.

A loyal IPTAY member and season ticket holder.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think the move was by the Orange Bowl folks who wanted

Dec 9, 2014, 10:26 AM

to fill their stadium and not have to worry about empty seats for GT vs Mich State.

While D-Rad should be accountable and stand up for Clemson he is one man among 12 on that committee. He can never vote alone and be successful but only in coalition with others. JMHO.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

To follow up on that: I think the bowl system and all

Dec 9, 2014, 10:31 AM

conferences are antiquated. They don't belong in the 21st century. Bowls were set up to make money for cities and want the teams that travel the best. That does not work very well with the playoff system because sometimes there are bad match-ups.

Now compound that with conference tie ins that restrict some teams for attending and you got a mess. Conferences do nothing for cfb and teams should stand on their own merit and not as part of some made-up group. Both should be eliminated in the 21st century. JMHO.

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message was edited by: AThomas®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: To follow up on that: I think the bowl system and all

Dec 9, 2014, 11:05 AM

This is actually a good approach. It would be amazing if bowls after the playoff selection could bid for the rights to pick teams.I do think conferences have run their course and college football would be better served without them but the admin in each conference are making too much money to let them die.

null

Re: I think the move was by the Orange Bowl folks who wanted

Dec 9, 2014, 11:03 AM [ in reply to I think the move was by the Orange Bowl folks who wanted ]

Michigan State would have as many if not more fans than Miss St.

Michigan State would bring more fans than Mississippi State

Dec 10, 2014, 10:57 AM [ in reply to I think the move was by the Orange Bowl folks who wanted ]

so I don't think that's the issue.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: AD. Needs to step up

Dec 9, 2014, 10:34 AM

but not a member of this site?

At least he's a fan, and his team wasn't on the wrong end

Dec 9, 2014, 11:53 AM

of a 35-17 beatdown.

If there was behind the scenes bidness it was the Big 10

Dec 9, 2014, 10:58 AM

If they lost the Citrus they wouldn't have spots for all of their teams that were eligible.

Re: If there was behind the scenes bidness it was the Big 10

Dec 9, 2014, 11:03 AM

Who cares if your teams are eligible they lost over 20 Million by not getting that spot.

null

How did the Big 10 lose 20 million?

Dec 9, 2014, 11:19 AM

They still got 2 teams in the bowls selected by the committee.

OB is 27.5 mil payout; Cotton is $4mil, Citrus is $4 mil***

Dec 10, 2014, 10:50 AM

Re: We will never win with this guy. He is, merely a

Dec 9, 2014, 11:01 AM

sycophant.

Don't Tell Us

Dec 9, 2014, 11:06 AM

Tell DRad that.

Agreed, but it help the B10 not SEC.

Dec 9, 2014, 11:10 AM

Instead of just having the Orange Bowl, they got the Cotton Bowl and the Citrus Bowl. Would have lost the Citrus Bowl if they had a team in the Orange. Basically, the move shifted millions from the ACC to the B10

The OB pays 27.5 mil, the Cotton and Citrus combined pay

Dec 10, 2014, 10:50 AM

8 mil; that 19mil loss really helps the B10; especially when the SEC goes from the $4mil cotton to the 27.5 mil OB; 23 mil improvement for the SEC. That's a $42 million swing in the difference between the 2 conferences.

It didn't impact the ACC nearly as much as the B10.

Re: AD. Needs to step up

Dec 9, 2014, 11:28 AM

Seriously though, what's he gonna say? "Hey everybody, sorry I didn't do anything to help us and watched corruption take place right in front of my eyes. You see, it's really hard to tell dozens of other presidents and AD's to do the right thing and be fair and not try to profit as much as they can ." He's not gonna say he is a member of a board that is corrupt. Think of the national headlines that would make. "Clemson AD admits to Clemson fans that they got hosed and the playoff committee is corrupt." Sorry fellas, that just isn't a battle that he nor Clemson is gonna fight. Even if he slightly hints around that it is corrupt. Who knows, he may have got some hush money. Worse things have happened.

LOL***

Dec 10, 2014, 9:50 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Won't hear anything until after bowl season....

Dec 10, 2014, 9:54 AM

and then not enough.

Cue rampaging speculation. :)

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He needs to step up and say why IPTAY giving for

Dec 10, 2014, 9:58 AM

certain seats is going to triple next year. In some instances quadruple.

Pushing long term seat holders out of their seats isnt the way to go about funding a new renovation.

DRAD cannot address this issue until after the bowls

Dec 10, 2014, 10:51 AM

From what I've read the committee members are legally obligated to refrain from discussing it until after the playoff is over.

Message was edited by: CTiger423®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic