Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Cordarrian Richardson (4-star RB commit) reminds me an
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

Cordarrian Richardson (4-star RB commit) reminds me an

Mar 6, 2016, 11:19 PM

awful lot of Raymond Priester. Very similar in size, build, and running style.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Cordarrian Richardson (4-star RB commit) reminds me an

Mar 7, 2016, 6:51 AM

just 2 inches shorter and a lot faster

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Depends on who you ask.

Mar 7, 2016, 10:15 AM

Clemson site has Priester at 6-1, 235. Local newspaper has Richardson at 6-1, 220; some other sites have him at 6-0. Priester didn't run away from a lot of people at this level, but he did have a good burst for about 10 yards. Richardson looks fairly fast in 2A high school football, but not really a burner. Both are big, strong, and tough to bring down. I think they are very similar, but that's just me.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Depends on who you ask.

Mar 7, 2016, 11:16 PM

rivals has Richardson at 5'11"
just giving you a hard time, but I do not see them as being similar. Richardson seems to have have a little more wiggle.

I see more Yusef Kelly than Raymond Priester***

Mar 8, 2016, 5:22 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Priester had zero wiggle and was not the fastest

Mar 8, 2016, 11:08 AM [ in reply to Re: Depends on who you ask. ]

back on the team. But he had an amazing degree of balance and drive to get needed yards.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You could be right, it's hard to tell a lot from these

Mar 8, 2016, 12:59 PM [ in reply to Re: Depends on who you ask. ]

tiny clips, but looking at some old videos of Priester, he had a little more speed and wiggle than I had remembered. He had good field vision and made nice cuts too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HctI7Lk8y0A

- H. L. Mencken

Re: You could be right, it's hard to tell a lot from these

Mar 8, 2016, 7:01 PM

I guess I can see the similarities in that vid. Either way, welcome aboard kid.

Mar 7, 2016, 10:19 AM [ in reply to Re: Cordarrian Richardson (4-star RB commit) reminds me an ]

He looks slow on his film IMO. Idk how you say alot faster

Mar 7, 2016, 10:31 AM

Good speed and great vision = and excellent RB.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 7, 2016, 10:32 AM

An excellent RB. Dangit.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 7, 2016, 10:34 AM [ in reply to Re: Cordarrian Richardson (4-star RB commit) reminds me an ]

He has wonderful vision and runs hard like Gallman but I would like to know his 40 time he looks slow and he playing 2A ball with bigger buys chasing him down. Just my opinion. He looks like a great back just not break away speed. 4 yards a carry is all you need and I believe he will get that!!

Mar 7, 2016, 9:23 PM

Srow? Ohhhh rearry?

Not Feaster fast but he's not getting caught from behind - pulling away, in fact - against good competition

Feb 7, 2013, 4:16 AM

Yes like a minute in he is gettin hawked down by a big LB or a lineman he did pull up and shake them.

CMoney. I am guessing you surmise he's a tad slow.

Mar 8, 2016, 2:44 PM

Or maybe I misread that :) I will tell you this. According to TN folk, his school just moved down to 2A, played a mostly 4A schedule other than region games, and in the State Finals played what many called the best Defense in the State for over 300 yards. All for what it's worth, But do not read too much Into that 2A thing. I was on a 2A team that played 2 3A teams, and 1 4A. And depth aside the best team we faced was acruelly Timmonsville that year year who I think was a 1A. Their starters were all very good however. Plus one of our 2A conference members was Lamar, had a LB named Kirkland, made a pretty decent ballplayer ;)

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: CMoney. I am guessing you surmise he's a tad slow.

Mar 8, 2016, 6:26 PM

Because I said he looks slow and is in 2A looking slow you assume I think nobody from 2A ball can be good at the next level. ### dude? I'm just sayin he isn't that fast especially if his comp is 2A. I think dude is a beast if he is puttin up 300 yards in the state title game. He just doesn't have CJ spiller or Feaster type speed. I would guys around a 4.5 maybe. We will see how he turns out I'm hoping he is amazing!!

Mar 8, 2016, 7:12 AM [ in reply to Re: Cordarrian Richardson (4-star RB commit) reminds me an ]

2A high school football in Tennessee is not good comp what world do you live in.

Mar 8, 2016, 7:13 AM [ in reply to Re: Cordarrian Richardson (4-star RB commit) reminds me an ]

Btw I hope he is the best RB to ever come thru Clemson. I just personally think he looks a little slow in that video but dude is a beast and has great skills and vision.

Mar 8, 2016, 7:54 AM

I don't know why peoe think you have to run a 4.3 to be a great running back. Of coarse, that would help, but it is not needed. What is needed to be a great rb is vision and patience. The great rbs have the ability to see what hole to hit and when to hit it. Also power is a great attribute. Good speed is required, not great speed. Wayne gallman isn't the fastest running back we've ever had, but he may end up being the best because he has great vision and patience.

Mar 8, 2016, 1:22 PM

I agree I just said he looked slow never said he wouldn't be good.

Mar 7, 2016, 11:16 AM [ in reply to Re: Cordarrian Richardson (4-star RB commit) reminds me an ]

Do you remember Priester's NFL combine time?

"Priester was one of the most productive running backs in ACC history, but wasn't selected until the later rounds on the draft because of his postseason workouts in front of the scouts. According to Pro Football Weekly, Priester was clocked in the 40-yard dash at 4.85 seconds."

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Mar 7, 2016, 11:33 AM

I didn't say CR won't be a good back I just said he looks slow. That is okay when you are a 230 lb bowling ball!! He just won't have many 50+ yard TDs IMO. Chunk yardage is fine with me control the clock. He may break a bunch of big runs idk I'm just going by the film I watched.

Looks like a young

Mar 7, 2016, 1:45 PM

Emmett Smith. Strong, fast and low center of gravity.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Looks like a young

Mar 7, 2016, 8:31 PM

This may be stretching it

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 7, 2016, 11:15 PM

He is saying he is running a 4.43, and if he is anywhere close to that, he will be plenty fast enough...

Mar 8, 2016, 7:10 AM

He does not look 4.43 speed to me on that video maybe I am wrong.

Mar 8, 2016, 8:08 AM

I like how 247 still has their "Crystal Ball" prediction at 100% FSU.

i see a lot of Marcus Dupree in his running.

Mar 8, 2016, 2:25 PM

if you watch that 30 for 30 on him "the best that never was," i think you'll see a lot of similarities, especially in Marcus' high school footage. it looks like cordarrian can run around you but also through you and drag you while he's at it for good measure. he'll look good in clemson orange and regalia.

Re: i see a lot of Marcus Dupree in his running.

Mar 8, 2016, 2:37 PM

Ok for realz? Marcus Dupree? Lol Man if this kid is 70% of what Marcus COULD do then I'm happy. For those of us that saw MD when he was in shape and played hard, he was among THE best ever. Just led astray and not overly focused on hard work.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: i see a lot of Marcus Dupree in his running.

Mar 8, 2016, 3:08 PM

marcus was a beast no doubt, and i never had the pleasure of watching him play in person, as i wasnt born until '87 but the highlight film on hudl of cordarrian richardson is eerily similar to what i saw marcus doing in the highlight films on the 30 for 30 documentary. now, im certainly no expert on marcus dupree but from what little i have seen of both, the first thing i thought was that cordarrian runs around, through, and drags players just like dupree did and that is a good thing.

Mar 8, 2016, 6:58 PM

Richardson is a lotttt more talented than Priester.

With Richardson, I see a bigger James Davis.

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic