Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Chad Morris agrees to six-year deal with Arkansas
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

TNET: Chad Morris agrees to six-year deal with Arkansas

Dec 6, 2017, 3:08 PM

Chad Morris agrees to six-year deal with Arkansas

FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. – Chad Morris has been named the 33rd head coach in Arkansas football history, announced by the University of Arkansas Department of Athletic Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Congratulations CCM! My only question is...

Dec 6, 2017, 3:19 PM

I know my memory is bad. But I thought major schools had recruited him back when he took the SMU job, but he wanted to be in Texas? Maybe SMU just wasn't what he hoped for. Anyway, I like him and I hope he likes the Arkansas job.

Re: Congratulations CCM! My only question is...

Dec 6, 2017, 4:31 PM

Your memory is bad I think. He interviewed with some big boys but to my knowledge no offers.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 7, 2017, 12:08 AM

I guess when he talked to some major schools back then, I just assumed he got offers.

I think he interviewed with TexasTech but they said

Dec 6, 2017, 5:56 PM [ in reply to Congratulations CCM! My only question is... ]

Experience was not a requirement so they took Kingsbury for a lot less money.

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

Dec 6, 2017, 6:39 PM [ in reply to Congratulations CCM! My only question is... ]

If Texas or Texas A&M offered The Chad tonight, they would have to cancel his announcement as HC of Arkansas in the morning!!! Chad will only be at Arkansas until one of those two schools offer him, and if he does good at Ark the next couple of years, one of those two will offer him!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I imagine Chad would love to have the TAM job, but once they

Dec 7, 2017, 7:51 AM

signed Jimbo to a 10 year deal, he figured that would be a long way off. Arkansas is close to Texas, so Texas will be his main recruiting ground.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good job, The Chad. Just keep yer filthy hands off Brent***

Dec 6, 2017, 3:23 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I read somewhere that he might be looking to hire BV but...

Dec 6, 2017, 4:05 PM

...realistically, why would BV leave Clemson for Arkansas? The common reasons you hear for a coordinator to leave are:

1) Moving up to a HC job (nope)
2) Friction with his current HC (nope...not that I've ever heard about, anyway)
3) Bigger/better program with more resources and potential to win (hahahaha...nope)
4) Wants a new/different/bigger challenge (could be?)

Granted, #4 could be the reason he came to Clemson to begin with, so he could be wired that way.

Re: I read somewhere that he might be looking to hire BV but...

Dec 6, 2017, 4:46 PM

#2 is the reason he came to Clemson....friction when Stoops was made co-coordinator and Brent had to start sharing responsibility. They pushed him in the background in favor of his brother...and lost him.

Exactly why he left. Bob Stoops brother got fired from AZ

Dec 6, 2017, 6:00 PM

and he was bringing him to be DC at Oklahoma. Didn’t leave much room or a whole lot of respect for Venables. In turn Venables came to us with a ton of motivation. This being a ton of motivation for a coach that is motivated in his sleep and he hasn’t slowed down since he got here.

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

Re: Exactly why he left. Bob Stoops brother got fired from AZ

Dec 6, 2017, 8:08 PM

He, also, has stomped his old employers handily, twice, I believe. So much for their brains and intelligence.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 6, 2017, 8:06 PM [ in reply to Re: I read somewhere that he might be looking to hire BV but... ]

That was a huge mistake. BV has done nothing but strengthen his resume' since coming to Clemson.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

and got curb stomped in two bowls for their troubles.***

Dec 8, 2017, 2:47 PM [ in reply to Re: I read somewhere that he might be looking to hire BV but... ]

Dec 6, 2017, 4:47 PM [ in reply to I read somewhere that he might be looking to hire BV but... ]

You read somewhere? probably the Wash. Post...Fake news.You
really don't believe that, do you? the biggest bunch of bull crap
post that I have read today.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 6, 2017, 5:08 PM

Why don’t you just ease up a bit. The man was just saying what he heard. FootballScoop.com reported it a couple days ago. Put the glue down.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 6, 2017, 5:22 PM

I heard I heard what does that mean..Don't repeat what you hear unless you can verify
it.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 6, 2017, 6:21 PM

I'm pretty sure that it was reported on tigernet this week.

Also, if the commenters on here had to be able to verify everything, that would be the last comment ever.

Also, The Post just proved they don't print things they can't verify so that qualifies as a pretty reliable source. Especially relative to Washington area interest in Arkansas football. I know of one guy who cares but he didn't read the Post.

Dec 6, 2017, 6:21 PM [ in reply to Re: I read somewhere that he might be looking to hire BV but... ]

Also, if the commenters on here had to be able to verify everything, that would be the last comment ever.

Also, The Post just proved they don't print things they can't verify so that qualifies as a pretty reliable source. Especially relative to Washington area interest in Arkansas football. I know of one guy who cares but he didn't read the Post.

Dec 6, 2017, 6:21 PM [ in reply to Re: I read somewhere that he might be looking to hire BV but... ]

You heard the Wash Post is fake news and then repeated it here. How is that any different? At least the other poster’s comment was relevant to the article and not needlessly interjecting politics into yet another Clemson football thread.

Easy big fella***

Dec 6, 2017, 6:00 PM [ in reply to Re: I read somewhere that he might be looking to hire BV but... ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Good job, The Chad. Just keep yer filthy hands off Brent***

Dec 6, 2017, 7:14 PM [ in reply to Good job, The Chad. Just keep yer filthy hands off Brent*** ]

Just beat the coot...all we can ask

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Chad Morris agrees to six-year deal with Arkansas

Dec 6, 2017, 4:24 PM

Congrats Chad. Hope you fare well in the SEC, but you're gonna see life's a bit different for HC's there. Winning expectation is much higher. Hope you get the time to be successful.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 6, 2017, 8:12 PM

How could the expectations at AR be all that high? They are members of the secheat, but they never have been much of a factor in anything.

Dec 6, 2017, 9:12 PM

They did have Danny Ford as a coach for a brief period so that automatically raises their bar over most of the SEC.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Their fans still expect to win like they did in the Southwest Conference.***

Dec 7, 2017, 12:32 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Chad Morris agrees to six-year deal with Arkansas ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Dec 7, 2017, 12:04 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Chad Morris agrees to six-year deal with Arkansas ]

Under Frank Broyles, Lou Holtz and Ken Hatfield they were quite good, although that was many moons ago.

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic