Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The impeachment may well have been swamp dems...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 728

The impeachment may well have been swamp dems...

Feb 1, 2020, 9:52 PM

keeping Bernie and Liz in the senate while Joe campaigns in Iowa.

"The nation’s most prominent elected Democrat said Friday her party must resist the temptation to chase progressive dreams, such as Medicare for All, if it wants to win the 2020 elections. The key to victory, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said, is policies that appeal to the political mainstream.

“I just say to all of our friends, you know, you want to go to the left? You want to win the election, let’s make a decision to win the election. And when you make a decision to win the election, you have to make every decision in favor of winning,” Pelosi said in an interview Friday with the South Florida Sun Sentinel Editorial Board.

“There's plenty of progressive work that we can do in the mainstream without, um, shall we say, having the luxury of our exuberances in carving up a pie we don't even have,” she said.

“We all understand what is at stake,” Pelosi said. For Democrats it’s defeating President Donald Trump and maintaining the House and winning control of the Senate..."

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/politics/fl-ne-nancy-pelosi-mainstream-not-progressive-20200131-g76o6yaeebbx5b64uqll2q3ugi-story.html

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I read her quotes as saying...

Feb 1, 2020, 10:36 PM

"If we want to win the election, we cannot run on our principles."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Seems to be the slightest resistance to the 4 horsemen...

Feb 1, 2020, 10:41 PM

since they called her a racist last year. Pelosi has always been about power and any confusion about her being principled vanished two decades ago.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I read her quotes as saying...

Feb 1, 2020, 11:41 PM [ in reply to I read her quotes as saying... ]

To me, it’s more like “say anything to get elected, then once we’re in we’ll do whatever we want to”.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's traditional for both sides.***

Feb 1, 2020, 11:46 PM

Re: That's traditional for both sides.***

Feb 2, 2020, 12:00 AM

S.O.P. for any politician.

You know the saying... How can you tell when a politician is lying?
Their lips are moving!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's what I read as well.***

Feb 3, 2020, 11:36 AM [ in reply to Re: I read her quotes as saying... ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO TIGERS!!

Replies: 6
| visibility 728
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic