Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I love Dabo and everything he 's doing for Clemson but.....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 53
| visibility 1

I love Dabo and everything he 's doing for Clemson but.....

Sep 24, 2013, 7:09 PM

But reducing Bryant's playing time because of him throat slashing is a bit of a stretch to me. I mean Bryant was having a bad game prior his first couple catches, then he scored his 1st touchdown and he gave the crowd a throat slash but that was nothing but emotion from a young dude. I seen when he did it, even the commentators said said he should've been flagged for it. But reducing his playing time is a little too much. Just give him a talk and let him know that that's not what a CU player does. Anyways, no knock against Dabo he's great coach and I love everything he has and is doing for CU.

Go Tigers! Beat the Deacs!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Beat the Geeks!!******

Sep 24, 2013, 7:10 PM

Re: I love Dabo and everything he 's doing for Clemson but.....

Sep 24, 2013, 7:13 PM

Had the refs seen it it would have been 15 yards.
Could have been a game changer.

Yeah for Dabo!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Coulda, Woulda, Shoulda,.... But it didn't!!!*********

Sep 24, 2013, 7:18 PM

As Barney used to say,

Sep 24, 2013, 7:19 PM

Nip it, nip it in the bud.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2006_nit_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're friends. You laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You jump off a bridge, I get in my boat and save your retarded a$$.

In order to teach

Sep 24, 2013, 7:14 PM

There have to be consequences.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Sep 24, 2013, 7:20 PM

You must be someone who thinks that s### is cool. It is embarrassing. Good for Dabo and one day you will grow up and see why.

No, I call it FOOTBALL

Sep 24, 2013, 7:29 PM

Football is a emotional game. Just like what Manizel did with money signs.. NOTHING WRONG WITH IT!! Emotional and competitive game for 18, 19, 20 , 21 year old dudes.. Maybe cause Im a younger type dude is why I don't see nothing wrong with it.

Re: No, I call it FOOTBALL

Sep 24, 2013, 7:45 PM

Nothing wrong with it??

Does Bama's TJ Yeldon get the same luxury?
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1781764-alabama-rb-tj-yeldon-suspended-1-quarter-for-throat-slash-gesture-vs-texas-am

or how about ANY NFL player, considering it is banned from the NFL and has been since 1999...

And oh wow, try looking up Kevin Durant and see how serious of a penalty he paid for it:
http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/2013/04/kevin-durant-fined-25k-for-throat-slashing-gesture/

or even in the CFL:
http://globalnews.ca/news/691434/cfl-fine-rider-for-throat-slashing-gesture/

or how about Fred Taylor of the Jaguars or Goodson of the Panthers:
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/news/2002/11/16/taylor_suspension_ap/
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8120c68a/article/panthers-rb-goodson-fined-7500-for-throatslash-gesture-after-td-run

Glad that's football to you...doesn't seem to be anywhere else...Glad Dabo's making them accountable...could cost a game...or in the NFL, could cost a hefty fine...best he learn now.

Okay, you got all them examples but

Sep 24, 2013, 7:48 PM

There's still nothing wrong with it dude. It's freaking football!!

Re: Okay, you got all them examples but

Sep 24, 2013, 7:51 PM

if it's banned from NFL, and an automatic penalty in NCAA, and banned from CFL, it's only football in yard football...or maybe high school...

Sep 24, 2013, 7:55 PM

I'm talking all levels of football. From rec league to NFL to CFL to Lingerie League It's a emotional game dude, you should know my man. I bet you played some football in your days?

You do realize you are losing this argument, right?***

Sep 24, 2013, 8:03 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2006_nit_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're friends. You laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You jump off a bridge, I get in my boat and save your retarded a$$.

Sep 24, 2013, 10:58 PM [ in reply to Re: Okay, you got all them examples but ]

I played high school football, basketball and baseball. In college I played basketball and was a team co-captain. Never once did I disrespect an opponent, coach, official or fan attending the game. No one else was more competitive or emotional than I was.....I was first to practice and last to leave. I played hurt, sick and never missed a game.
There is no excuse for this behavior, not age, not emotion, nothing justifies it.

No it is NOT football

Sep 24, 2013, 7:58 PM [ in reply to Okay, you got all them examples but ]

It is amateur arrogance!

Sep 24, 2013, 7:59 PM [ in reply to Okay, you got all them examples but ]

And football has rules.

Sep 24, 2013, 10:40 PM [ in reply to Okay, you got all them examples but ]

Apparently there is or it wouldn't be banned

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No there's something wrong with it. You're deranged.***

Sep 25, 2013, 7:47 AM [ in reply to Okay, you got all them examples but ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

No it's not football.

Sep 24, 2013, 8:02 PM [ in reply to Re: No, I call it FOOTBALL ]

Football is pancaking the guy in front of you, juking the guy in front of you out of his jock strap, hitting 20 FG's in a row, hitting 9 out of 10 passes, laying the wood to the punt returner.

It is not breaking the rules, which include no gestures like MB did.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Bless your heart.***

Sep 24, 2013, 7:47 PM [ in reply to No, I call it FOOTBALL ]

Football is also about...

Sep 24, 2013, 7:58 PM [ in reply to No, I call it FOOTBALL ]

discipline and teamwork. If there is no discipline in the game, then it would become a free for all. Do you want that? Discipline for yourself should be known by someone that has played team sports as long as he has. Teamwork is working with your teammates and not doing something stupid to cause any team damage such as a unnecessary penalty.

Say a kid did something bad and was not caught (referee),,,but his parents found out about it. Should the the parent (coach) not discipline the child just because he was not caught at the moment of the bad deed?

Actions have consequences. If you don't want the consequence, don't do the action.......3 times!!!

He did it 3 flipping times?!

Sep 24, 2013, 7:26 PM

Penalty well deserved!

Other than a modest number of exceptions, Clemson has

Sep 24, 2013, 7:27 PM

had a fine reputation for exemplary behavior, one that must be maintained. We want a team of champions who will be held in high esteem and regard across the nation.

I attribute that reputation to the leadership and influence of Coach Swinney and his staff. Therefore, I will support his continual efforts to maintain discipline in any manner he chooses, with any player he chooses.

I'd, also, be willing to bet that team members who fail to follow the staff's standards of behavior will find themselves in dire circumstances. Period.

Well said...i'm glad that we don't have a coach

Sep 24, 2013, 7:32 PM

who talks out of both sides of his mouth and says he stands for something then waffles on it in order to win at all costs. Dabo truly believes that he can help in some way with these young men growing up into adulthood to make them realize that no matter how much athletic talent you have, if you fall for anything you stand for nothing in life. He sets a standard, holds them accountable and it is what it is. Hats off to Coach for this. Talk about a breath of fresh air compared to the Les Miles', Spurrier's, and others of the CFB landscape. Thank goodness he's in charge. I've said it a million times in my head: i hope Dabo stays at Clemson a very long time.

Your profile indicates that you are a Marine Corps Drill

Sep 24, 2013, 7:43 PM

Instructor. Therefore, you know precisely what my words meant.

Discipline...without it any endeavor is doomed to failure.

second tour DI. First tour at Parris Island

Sep 24, 2013, 7:48 PM

second tour at San Diego. It's not about taking their spirit away from them or making them robots. It's about demanding that they conduct themselves in a certain way, play hard as hell on every play, and making every single thing that they do 100 percent about the team and only the team. There are lessons to be learned there about life, man. Big time lessons. Dabo seems to be all about that stuff AND winning AND passion. Anyone who's been around an environment with that mixture knows how powerful that stuff is. It becomes what you are about as a man.

There are a number of active duty and former service

Sep 24, 2013, 8:00 PM

members who are members of TigerNet, including myself, and we know exactly what you write is point on!

thanks brother...

Sep 24, 2013, 8:07 PM

Dabo doesn't buy into the mindset that it's all about just winning....because that's winning hollow and shallow. It's about winning with a sense of values and taking the time to be a coach that can give these young men something that they can take with them the rest of their lives instead of them being just like so many other programs where you can tell there's nothing but winning on the table. He's right, that's not Clemson and never should be Clemson, period.

Didn't Bryant have t miss the bowl game

Sep 24, 2013, 7:33 PM

because of discipline issues?

Taking playing time, unfortunately, may be the only way to get his attention and get him to fly right.

I trust the coaches on this.

Re: Didn't Bryant have t miss the bowl game

Sep 24, 2013, 7:40 PM

Yea he got suspended for the LSU game. I think he's flying on the right track already, just gave the crowd a gesture Dabo didn't like. It's gonna help Tay in the long run but reducing snaps is a little too much.. Give him hills and 100s.

Sep 24, 2013, 7:43 PM

Saban did the same thing with Yeldon last week for the exact same thing not saying he should do what Saban does but there is one thing you can't argue what ever Saban is doing it sure as heck is working....

Sep 24, 2013, 7:49 PM

Yea, $$$ rules the world and college football. You're right. Great Job Saban at buying back 2 back nattys.

Do you think Bryant, or any other player for that matter, is

Sep 24, 2013, 7:45 PM

going to get flagged in the end zone following a score the rest of this season? Give a big chunk of momentum away after a TD and have to kick off to other team from the 20? I don't think Pinion gets a touchback on those. We got a lot of games left. Dabo was slick, he said 11, which would mean a berth in the ACC championship game.

Dabo's building champions, on the field, and in the young men who take the field. This is just another step toward that process. I expect Bryant to have a huge game regardless of missed playing time anyway. He'll have several opportunities with the ball in the end zone Saturday to practice his scoring ritual.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He knows we lost the PR game last week.

Sep 24, 2013, 7:51 PM

1) It looked like we needed the ref's help to win.
2) Bryant made the throat slash gesture and the analysts commented on it when it happened - he was lucky the refs missed it.
3) Battle's uppercut was the icing on the cake.

Dabo is no dummy. He knows he has to get this thing under control now for impression management.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did not need "ref's help to win" - why do you keep posting

Sep 24, 2013, 7:57 PM

this nonsense. Even if they had scored on that long TD, we still win, and we could have scored 3 other times and on that last drive, we kept it on the ground instead of passing. GO TIGERS!

1) It's not nonsense. 2) I said it "looked" like we needed

Sep 24, 2013, 8:18 PM

the refs' help to win. Who knows what happens if NCST was given the touchdown they made, but we'll never know. The impression was the Wolfpack got hosed (they did) and it essentially cost them the game from that point.

As I said. We lost the impression management battle last week. Dabo is doing the right thing in trying to get a positive spin going again.

In this day and age your football program has to have positive media spin. That job includes the words and actions of Dabo, the data and storylines of Bourret, etc.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How long is he going to keep Bryant out? Hopefully, when

Sep 24, 2013, 7:52 PM

he gets in, he will continue his hot pass catching - think he could really step up and be the trusted pass receiver that Nuk was? Boyd just appeared to have regained his trust in him in second half. Tajh was throwing to Sammy really short passes when Bryant was open further down field in first half. GO TIGERS!

Dabo is dead on correct on this one***

Sep 24, 2013, 7:54 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 24, 2013, 7:59 PM

What Bryant did was a flaggable offense. That hurts the team. It was a selfish gesture. I'm sure all of our players have been cautioned against doing this type of thing, yet Bryant chose to be defiant. Dabo is doing the right thing here.

He is making sure everyone knows that silly celebration can

Sep 24, 2013, 8:04 PM

cost you a National Championship. You do that against FSU and get a silly penalty, you cost the entire team.

It is a good coaching move on many levels, but especially this year.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wish he had kept the punishment to in-house practice

Sep 24, 2013, 8:16 PM

why make a production of it to the world. All he had to say was I told you guys no throat slashing after a TD. Now you will run extra after practice, etc... It is almost like we do certain punishments to gain the respect of those outside the Clemson family and those outside the family aren't going to respect anything. They're never going to give kudos for any win, any tradition, anything.

"why make a production to the world?"

Sep 24, 2013, 8:51 PM

Because the world saw it, and the world needs to know what's being done about it.
Whether they respect it or not is beside the point.
BTW, I think they will respect it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Read the comments below this story if you think they will

Sep 24, 2013, 10:35 PM

respect it.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/23824519/clemson-wr-martavis-bryant-to-face-discipline-for-throat-slash

Guess Nick Saban shoulda too huh?***

Sep 24, 2013, 10:43 PM [ in reply to I wish he had kept the punishment to in-house practice ]

If he is going to punish Bryant, then he shoud also punish

Sep 24, 2013, 8:57 PM

Tajh Boyd for his "Show me the money" motion he did in the Georgia game. Was tastless if you ask me and he was in the spotlight. You can't punish one player and not the other.

Re: If he is going to punish Bryant, then he shoud also punish

Sep 24, 2013, 10:42 PM

The money thing isn't banned or flagged for 15 yards moron

Re: If he is going to punish Bryant, then he shoud also punish

Sep 24, 2013, 11:18 PM

Bingo...and if you want to cite Manziel, at least notice they didn't throw the flag on him when he did it...it was thrown after about 2 or 3 more taunts, then a taunt pointing to the score board right in the refs face....all combined is why his was thrown, not for the money one alone.

Nick Saban suspended Yeldon, but Dabo shouldn't

Sep 24, 2013, 10:38 PM

Bryant?

maybe

Sep 24, 2013, 11:35 PM

Maybe because you are immature & live in a society that promotes poor behavior disrepect for others & general acts od stupidity & lacks a sense of right & wrong maybe thats why you have your ridiculous opinion.

Re: maybe you don't see the irony of your on post

Sep 24, 2013, 11:48 PM

Taken from "Could You Be Loved" Bob Marley: "(The road of life is rocky and you may stumble too,
So while you point your fingers someone else is judging you)
Love your brotherman!
(Could you be - could you be - could you be loved?"

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

For all of you whining about this:

Sep 25, 2013, 1:52 AM

Have you considered that the punishment might be rather insignificant? It isn't the whole game. I would be surprised if it were even a half. We might just be talking a possession or two.

I really don't see why this is a big deal to some of you.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Let's leave team discipline up to the coach***

Sep 25, 2013, 6:29 AM

I think he should get that broken nose fixed.

Sep 25, 2013, 7:02 AM

I'm not much on him wearing a sweatshirt on gameday either. I always though those baggy pants make his butt look huge and I'm really not into that 'nice-guy,' image he puts on for the cameras either.

DOOD, what the hell is wrong with you? We are 3-0, ranked top five by everybody that's got a vote in the polls, have beaten two of the top ten SEC teams in the last four games, have one of the best coaching staffs and football teams in the country and you nitpick on something that is such a minor issue like a guy getting a little disclipline to help his character?

GatDangit, some of you would bich if you was hung with a new rope!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I recall BJ McKie

Sep 25, 2013, 7:23 AM

Gamecock basketball player being suspended for a half back in the late 1990s. This is nothing new but it has no place in sports.

I don't care who does it, it is wrong and should result in suspension. At the very end of the Bama-aTm game #3 for Bama did it after the onside kick was covered by Bama.

Replies: 53
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic